Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

The Right Automatic Transmission Fluid For 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Right Automatic Transmission Fluid For 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer (1128 Views)

Is Power Sterring Fluid Diffrent From Automatic Transmission Fluid? / 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Or 2009 Corolla S / What Is The Recommended Transmission Fluid For Honda City 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Right Automatic Transmission Fluid For 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer by treatise: 12:38am On Jan 26, 2015
Dear Experts,

I took delivery of the above named car this month but my auto technician observed that the transmission oil has water - like Colour as well as feel. He advised replacement of the fluid and I immediately developed goose bumps because of what I have been reading on this forum: use of wrong ATF on cars in Nigeria. Can anybody be of help please in terms of correct ATF for the car? I searched online for the user manual without success.

Many thanks.
Re: The Right Automatic Transmission Fluid For 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer by DECOtech(m): 10:24am On Jan 26, 2015
treatise:
Can anybody be of help please in terms of correct ATF for the car?

Many thanks.

"ELC-4-SP III" or any good brand of "SP III" ATF in the market.

What colour is ur current ATF? Your mech might be confused cos the ATF does not feel or look like ABRO to him.

1 Like

Re: The Right Automatic Transmission Fluid For 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer by treatise: 8:16am On Jan 27, 2015
Thanks Decotech for your apt and crisp response. He actually used the Abro as the basis of his comparison; the colour is like that of common water with drops of pink colour( very minimal). I just to want play safe by changing the fluid with that recommend by the manufacturers since I do not have the maintenance log. Is it possible to get that type you outlined in Nigeria of what could substitute it ?

Many thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes Partners Lufthansa On Building Private Jet / Alloy Rims Needed Urgently / Best Second Hand Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.