Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,156 members, 7,957,306 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:45 AM

Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 (44132 Views)

Buhari With His Friends During The Civil War In 1969 (Throwback Photo) / Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) / Abacha, Ojukwu And Gowon In A Private Jet (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 by AJOT99(m): 2:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
Hmm.....

Re: Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 by mayo9ice: 2:27pm On Jan 26, 2015
That's power of photograph..I will like to use these opportunity to tell everyone on this platform to always call a professional photographer to take ur events picture most especialy WEDDING PHOTOGRAPH so that years to come u will look @ ur PHOTOBOOK and SMILE... Mayo9ice Concepts say so.. Wink

Are u less busy or feeling dull u can put a smile on ur beautiful face and be inspired by visiting our facebook page to checkout lovely pictures by Mayo9ice Concepts.... https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=836183406405379 .... And pls don't 4get to like our page. Thanks
Re: Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 by WIZGUY69(m): 2:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
bobo65:

Dunno h0w to reply this grammar o
Did I ask you any question
Re: Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 by VoteWisely: 2:52pm On Jan 26, 2015
#VoteWisely #GEJ

Re: Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 by dokyOloye: 3:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
Akshow:

Young man don't seek pity for Jonathan over this iv. He won't be the first leader to be under fire on social media. Yaradua with his sickness was criticize from all corners.

Ur own Jonathan's ineptitude is epic. From security to unemployment to NEPA to corruption, to construction of roads and provision of other facilities is nothing to write home about. u expect us to applaud him

Gej inherited an anonymous unknown
bokoharam but he is leaving Nigeria with a
bold, powerful and sophisticated bokoharam
all thanks to his cluelessness. He has
politicize the military, preaches divide and
rule, divided Nigerians along regional and
ethnic lines. U want us to clap for him? His days are numbered in aso rock.
Mr man,try and grow some brain.
Insurgencies all over d world are never child's play especially when associated wt Islam.
I guess GEJ is also to blame in d turmoil in Yemen,Syria,Pakistan,Afghanistan,Philipines,and even China.
If Muslims were up to half of d population in America,France,Uk,etc,those countries would have been boiling too.
It is utterly disgusting hw U ppl never spare even a sentence of condemnation for these terrorists.
Does it mean what they r doing is their God given role?
Re: Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 by Akshow: 3:53pm On Jan 26, 2015
dokyOloye:
Insurgencies all over d world are never child's play especially when associated wt Islam.
I guess GEJ is also to blame in d turmoil in Yemen,Syria,Pakistan,Afghanistan,Philipines,and even China.
If Muslims were up to half of d population in America,France,Uk,etc,those countries would have been boiling too.
It is utterly disgusting hw U ppl never spare even a sentence of condemnation for these terrorists.

oh shut up ur silly guts there.
Re: Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 by Rexyl(m): 3:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
gone were the days... should I say happy married life to Gowon? Yeah not too late inasmuch the family still exists and continues in love.
Re: Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 by simdam500(m): 3:57pm On Jan 26, 2015
kiss
Re: Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 by Tzulu(f): 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2015
@Op: That was actually a POSTAGE STAMP to commemorate the wedding ceremony.
Re: Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 26, 2015
Akshow:

Young man don't seek pity for Jonathan over this iv. He won't be the first leader to be under fire on social media. Yaradua with his sickness was criticize from all corners.

Ur own Jonathan's ineptitude is epic. From security to unemployment to NEPA to corruption, to construction of roads and provision of other facilities is nothing to write home about. u expect us to applaud him

Gej inherited an anonymous unknown
bokoharam but he is leaving Nigeria with a
bold, powerful and sophisticated bokoharam
all thanks to his cluelessness. He has
politicize the military, preaches divide and
rule, divided Nigerians along regional and
ethnic lines. U want us to clap for him? His days are numbered in aso rock.

Must u GMBites always resort to insults. Can't u just present an objective view of a situation without derogatory statements. As far as I know GMBItes are the most ignorant people on NL and social media. You continue to desecrate NL and the the social media with your ignorance and sentiments.
You mentioned the problems in power sector, security and corruption. But ur jaundiced view of things made u to ignore the giantstrides in the railway, agric, road construction, power reforms e.t.c go and check on d developments in these sectors and come back here to tell us he has done nothing.
Re: Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
dokyOloye:
It is utterly disgusting hw U ppl never spare even a sentence of condemnation for these
terrorists.

No country in the world can defeat terrorism and fundamentalist islam no matter their technology or sophistication. They seem to forget the american episode that played out in iraq, afghanistan and somalia. America had to leave these countries. The more you kill them, the more they keep coming back.
Boko haram cannot be entirely wiped out that soon, their activities can only be minimised. Nigerian troops in baga abandoned baga wit eight APCs and 4000 rounds of sophisticated ammo. Is dat jona's fault if our military exhibit cowardice. Do u know the worth of equipment that has been provided to the military in the last few months. Pls google ur facts and stop exhibiting ur ignorance.
Boko haram Is not a conventional army that uses and follows conventional rules of war.
Re: Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 by Akshow: 6:52pm On Jan 26, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:

Must u GMBites always resort to insults. Can't u just present an objective view of a situation without derogatory statements. As far as I know GMBItes are the most ignorant people on NL and social media. You continue to desecrate NL and the the social media with your ignorance and sentiments.
You mentioned the problems in power sector, security and corruption. But ur jaundiced view of things made u to ignore the giantstrides in the railway, agric, road construction, power reforms e.t.c go and check on d developments in these sectors and come back here to tell us he has done nothing.

giant stride?

railways pray how many km of rails has he constructed?

road construction u must be high on cheap weed. have u seen d fed roads in se sw and ss? Has the pillars of d second Niger bridge been fixed?

power reforms? u must be a comedian.
Re: Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 by Bowaley17(m): 7:52pm On Jan 26, 2015
Just Passing By
IamBOWALEY
Re: Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 by omaolowo(m): 12:09am On Jan 27, 2015
Tzulu:
@Op: That was actually a POSTAGE STAMP to commemorate the wedding ceremony.

I am an 'Elder' in the House: that is why it is taking me this long to add this few notes....
I can reveal that by 1969 when this 'State Wedding' took place, I was in Class 4 in a Secondary School. The event took place in Our Very Eyes - if I am allowed to paraphrase the title of a book written by friends of Baba Wole Soyinka: to honour him when he won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1986. So I am qualified to award myself this Honourable title of Elder in this Forum. I am not only now retired, I am also a grandfather...

First and foremost, that was NOT any Wedding Invitation Card!
But it was a Definitive Stamp: (instead of Commemorative Postage Stamp) on the event.

By definition and practice, I want to quote extensively from a Nigerian Postal Service's publication on the Philatelic Services for us to distinguish between Definitive and Commemorative Stamps...

1. DEFINITIVE STAMPS

These are issued to reflect the country's social and economic development as well as her cultural heritage. They are usually withdrawn from sales after 5 years.

2. COMMEMORATIVE/SPECIAL POSTAGE STAMPS

They are issued to commemorate National and International events when such events have attained 25th (Silver), 50th (Golden), 60th Diamond and 100th (Centenary) anniversaries.
Sales of these stamps will continue for a period of SIX months in all postal establishments in Nigeria

On 19 April, 1969 (yes, it was during the Nigerian Civil War that lasted between July 1967 - 14 January, 1970), he took his heart throb, the then Victoria Zakari, a Nurse, to the altar. His Bestman on that day was Vice Admiral J E Akinwale Wey. As had been noted, it was historic: A Nigerian Head of State getting married while in the office.

Now on the Gen Gowon Postage Stamp....

The value of money (4 D) on the Gen Gowon's Postage Stamp indicates Four Pence (And NOT Four Naira!) Up to that time, the country's currency was Pounds, Shillings, Pence.
12 pence made up 1 shilling
20 shillings made up 1 pound

In January 1973, the country changed its currency to the Naira: thus adopting the decimal format
1 pound became 2 Naira
1 Naira now being equivalent to 100 kobo

Pictures of some Commemorative Postage Stamps are enclosed (I was an executive member of my School's Philately Society in 1968 - 1971 because I stayed for the Higher School Certificate!) We were encouraged to have, keep and exhibit Philatelic Albums....

J F Kennedy's assassination of Nov 1963
Tokyo Olympics of 1964
Silver Jubilee (50 years) of Boys Scouts in Nigeria - 1965
Super Computer Genius (Philip Emeagwali) - 2006

Re: Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 by ArcToyin(m): 1:05am On Jan 28, 2015
bendeco:
For ur 100% sure jamb cbt runz

Add me on,

Whatsapp: 08130133156

exam malpractice is a sin Before God
Re: Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 by footballpicks: 7:04pm On Sep 23, 2019
Check out the Postage Stamp Gallery http://www.ifilatelie.cz/ and feel free to contact us if you are interested in any of the postage stamps in the picture gallery. If you have any question. If you want to ask about the price of your stamp. If you want to know if your mark is genuine. Then do not hesitate to write us via the contact form or write to us via our facebook page. Let us know what you think. We are not experts, so for an expert opinion, contact certified experts according to the issue of the postage stamp. http://www.ifilatelie.cz/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

These Pics Of El-rufai & Dalung With El-Zakzaky Shows Never Trust Politicians / Goodluck Jonathan’s Book Launch: Oshiomhole, Akpabio Make Surprise Appearances / Seyi Tinubu And Wife, Layal Welcome Baby Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.