Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,139 members, 7,852,871 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:34 AM

Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest (1439 Views)

An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. / An Athiest Turned Christian. God Thank You For This Last Chance / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 26, 2015
Depression and anxiety-believing in God can stop us from worries
Acceptance-people will regard u as infidel if u do not believe in God

Politics-going to church or mosque can win u disciples
Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by davien(m): 12:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
presher:
This is true,although medically termed a placebo effect..

So?....should you also jump on a moving train because if you didn't you'd be called scared?

Really?! politics?....you mean mindless followers who'll do your bidding as long as they think "god" is by your side?....Nigeria has too many of those already...
This is why we have bad leaders,when people believe as long as he is a "christian" he's good to go.
Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 26, 2015
Pls atheist talk
Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 26, 2015
Seun fp
Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by mmsen: 2:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
Depression and anxiety affect people irregardless of religious persuasion.

The only 'valid' reasons to profess a religion pertain to social games/rules (including politics) and the misguided notion that there is safety in numbers - in reality there is no safety in hiding behind fellow cowards.
Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
mmsen:
Depression and anxiety affect people irregardless of religious persuasion.

The only 'valid' reasons to profess a religion pertain to social games/rules (including politics) and the misguided notion that there is safety in numbers - there is no safety in hiding behind fellow cowards.
people who believe God place all their hope in God they hardly express anxiety fear
Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by mmsen: 2:36pm On Jan 26, 2015
presher:
people who believe God place all their hope in God they hardly express anxiety fear

You have just exposed how little you know about mental health.

1 Like

Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
mmsen:

You have just exposed how little you know about mental health.
educate me
Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by mmsen: 2:45pm On Jan 26, 2015
presher:
educate me

The theory of god has never provided a barrier to real world issues or post traumatic stress disorder, one of the most extreme forms of depression.

You might want to read this - http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dr-raj-persaud/religion-depression_b_3928675.html
Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by finofaya: 3:00pm On Jan 26, 2015
presher:

Depression and anxiety: If a person is already an atheist and they are not depressed or anxious, these are not reasons to believe in God. If by anxiety you mean worry for ones fate in the afterlife, you should know that people that have hell as an option in the afterlife tend to worry more.

Acceptance: You would have a point here if every person other than an atheist worshipped the same God. As it stands however, BH does not accept you and your belief in God, just as you might not accept Satanists and their God. Belief in God doesn't guarantee acceptance.

Politics: You don't have to actually believe. You only have to pretend to.

1 Like

Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by frank317: 3:05pm On Jan 26, 2015
Wow, nice...

I am not depressed

I don't care if people accept me or not... Infact people beg me to accept them

Politics... I never intend becoming a politician...

Now I am sure I can never believe in God.

Now poster... Do you mean believing even though its false?
Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by plaetton: 3:05pm On Jan 26, 2015
presher:

Actually sir, placing all your hopes in god creates the worst forms of anxiety.

Be honest, look at a city like Lagos with tens of thousands of churches, most with one form of program or another every single day. Why do you think people attend these daily programs? Anxiety.
The more they go, the more they pray, the more expectations of divine intervention in their lives.
The more they expect, the more dissapointed they are,the more mmeaningless, and again, the more anxiety in their lives.

It is a vicious circle that eats them up to their bones.

So, you are quite wrong. Believing in god carries serious and heavy liabilities.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by mmsen: 3:08pm On Jan 26, 2015
plaetton:

Actually sir, placing all your hopes in god creates the worst forms of anxiety.

Be honest, look at a city like Lagos with tens of thousands of churches, most with one form of program or another every single day. Why do you think people attend these daily programs? Anxiety.
The more they go, the more they pray, the more expectations of divine intervention in their lives.
The more they expect, the more dissapointed they are,the more mmeaningless, and again, the more anxiety in their lives.

It is a vicious circle that eats them up to their bones.

So, you are quite wrong. Believing in god carries serious and heavy liabilities.

All the while the preachers grow fat from the need of the worried to 'pray' (and tithe, of course).

1 Like

Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by plaetton: 3:12pm On Jan 26, 2015
mmsen:

All the while the preachers grow fat from the need of the worried to 'pray' (and tithe, of course).
Yes indeed.
It's a parasitic ecosystem.

1 Like

Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
frank317:
Wow, nice...

I am not depressed

I don't care if people accept me or not... Infact people beg me to accept them

Politics... I never intend becoming a politician...

Now I am sure I can never believe in God.

Now poster... Do you mean believing even though its false?
believing in God actually help overcome my fears
Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
mmsen:

Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
I used to be an atheist but when i faced challenges in life i feel empty till i become a theist
Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by adexsimply(m): 8:47pm On Jan 26, 2015
presher:
I used to be an atheist but when i faced challenges in life i feel empty till i become a theist
Good for you..
Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by plaetton: 8:49pm On Jan 26, 2015
presher:

Ha ha ha.
That is definition of cowardice.
Existential problems led you back into mental slavery because you could not deal with the self-responsibilities of being sovereign.
Classic.

Its like saying that stresses of life led me to alcoholism or drug abuse.
Big laugh.

1 Like

Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 26, 2015
plaetton:

Ha ha ha.
That is definition of cowardice.
Existential problems led you back into mental slavery because you could not deal with the self-responsibilities of being sovereign.
Classic.

Its like saying that stresses of life led me to alcoholism or drug abuse.
Big laugh.
bro mental slavery saved me from depression
Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by lolaxavier(m): 9:12pm On Jan 26, 2015
presher:

I'm sure you were never an atheist. You tried to deny who you are for some time but you couldn't hence your easy switch back to your senses.
Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by lolaxavier(m): 9:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
@op...Check the definition of Atheism, then you'd know god is not permitted in the scope.
Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by plaetton: 9:45pm On Jan 26, 2015
presher:
bro mental slavery saved me from depression

Oh, I do understand what you are saying.
But depression is a medically diagnoseable and treatable condition.

Religion can mask it, but not cure it.
Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by onetrack(m): 9:53pm On Jan 26, 2015
My life is just fine as an atheist. Adding religion could only make it worse.
Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by Redlyn: 9:53pm On Jan 26, 2015
presher:

Or you could take drugs and be permanently high.
In both cases you can escape from reality.
But belief is probably the cheaper option.
Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by onetrack(m): 9:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
Redlyn:

But belief is probably the cheaper option.

Depends on which church you go to!
Re: Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest by Redlyn: 10:12pm On Jan 26, 2015
onetrack:

Depends on which church you go to!

True grin

(1) (Reply)

Where Was Devil Before The Creation? / Confused Question About Adam And Eve Story / Born To Atheist Parents, Leads Her Parents To Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.