Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? (1454 Views)

Eating In The Dream, Is It Spiritual Or Scientific? / Help! I Don't Know How To Reply Emails On Nairaland / My Close Friend Died Since 2009 But I Still See Him In My Dreams. Is It Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? by TVTKOKO(m): 1:25pm On Jan 26, 2015
Right frm when i was a kid till date(i'm over 20 now),i dnt know what it is lyk to dream. My family dnt know about this and i dnt care because i neva took it serious.
Just of recent i came to realise dat dreaming is part of human nature and i seem to be 1 in 1million...

Pls is there anything psychological attached or am i the only person experiencing this Pls ur response is needed tanks
Re: Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 26, 2015
O boy!
Re: Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? by adanduka: 1:34pm On Jan 26, 2015
You dream but you don't remember shocked
Re: Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? by MissSlimbody(f): 1:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
adanduka:

There's a difference

I don't dream either, and I knew someone who doesn't.
Re: Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? by TVTKOKO(m): 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
MissSlimbody:

There's a difference

thank God i'm nt alone... For the whole of my life i've neva dreamt and dnt know wat it is lyk
Re: Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
MissSlimbody:

There's a difference

Not possible . the average human goes through about 4 -8 dreams every night . whether u like it or not . .
You must dream every night . unless at nights when u don't sleep maybe watching movies . .
But u dont remember them !!

The only way you can remember a dream is if u wake up during the dream e.g.

1. In a scary dream, when someone is chasing u or wants to kill u, and u wake up half-way . . U WILL REMEMBER THE DREAM
2. Close to maybe 6 AM when it's time to wake up for the day, and u're dreaming of urself in the party, then the alarm wakes up . . u'll remember the dream too . .

The point is: EVERY HUMAN DREAMS AT NIGHT, IT IS A MUST. . BUT U WILL ONLY REMEMBER THE DREAM IN WHICH YOU WAKE UP HALF-WAY THROUGH THEM. SOME PPL HAVE SO DEEP A SLEEP, SO THEY DON'T REMEMBER THEIR DREAMS . .
Re: Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 26, 2015
adanduka:

Spot on! The explanation is too scientific and if i start, it would fill up this page . . .
Fact is: Too much deep sleep makes u forget your dreams, so when u wake up, u will say " I DID NOT DREAM LAST NIGHT"
Re: Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? by MissSlimbody(f): 3:05pm On Jan 26, 2015
mxxpunkxx1:

Not possible . the average human goes through about 4 -8 dreams every night . whether u like it or not . .
You must dream every night . unless at nights when u don't sleep maybe watching movies . .
But u dont remember them !!

The only way you can remember a dream is if u wake up during the dream e.g.

1. In a scary dream, when someone is chasing u or wants to kill u, and u wake up half-way . . U WILL REMEMBER THE DREAM
2. Close to maybe 6 AM when it's time to wake up for the day, and u're dreaming of urself in the party, then the alarm wakes up . . u'll remember the dream too . .

The point is: EVERY HUMAN DREAMS AT NIGHT, IT IS A MUST. . BUT U WILL ONLY REMEMBER THE DREAM IN WHICH YOU WAKE UP HALF-WAY THROUGH THEM. SOME PPL HAVE SO DEEP A SLEEP, SO THEY DON'T REMEMBER THEIR DREAMS . .

I must dream? shocked
Says who?

There's a diffence between knowing you had a dream,but you don't remember what its about and not dreaming @all.

I guess you won't understand, only those that experience it would.
Re: Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 26, 2015
MissSlimbody:

I must dream? shocked
Says who?

There's a diffence between knowing you had a dream,but you don't remember what its about and not dreaming @all.

You're wrong.... Yes u must dream as long as you sleep . .
Sleep is a process every human goes through at night . . And dream must accompany sleep (during the REM stage - RAPID EYE MOVEMENT)
I bet you don't know that when you sleep, your eyeballs are rapidly moving up, left, right, down and center . . .do you know that . ?
But u won't know cos you're fast asleep . . After the REM stage, the dream begins . . if u wake up, maybe by mistake or somebody wakes u up, during this stage, u will know u were dreaming, but if u continue to sleep and pass the stage . u wont remember anyting called dream . .
The brain wipes out the information . .just like Amnesia, yu won't even remember your name
Re: Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 26, 2015
If you don't believe, ask somebody to monitor you this night while you sleep . . or if you have a CCTV . . put it in your room and start a video of yourself while you sleep . . Then watch it in the morning . .

You'll see yurslf moving your legs, arms, talking to yurself, maybe even clapping your hands . . during the sleep . . That's when you're dreaming !!!

Some days back, somebody was sleeping in the afternoon and was saying . "Turn left, turn right, stop, pass that roundabout" . . i knew he was dreaming maybe he was inside a car . .

Yes some ppl do talk in their sleep, but talking accompanied with body movement is definitely a sign the person is presently dreaming . .
Re: Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 26, 2015
MissSlimbody:

I must dream? shocked
Says who?

Wellsaid.
I don't dream, when I manage dream....I remember it vividly and veraciously.
They have taken me for deliverance on this matter before @MFM.

My dear, by the time they placed me on one month fasting...by the second week...I ran back to them o. That I dreamt and saw masquerade pursuing me... I saw/dreamt nothing! undecided
Re: Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Wellsaid.

My dear, by the time they placed me on one month fasting...by the second week...I ran back to them o. That I dreamt and saw masquerade pursuing me... I saw/dreamt nothing! undecided

Madam, if yu're getting enough sleep and a good night rest in a conducive atmosphere
for 100 years . . I'll assure you, for that 100 years, "you won't dream" i.e. you wil dream but will not remember even one !!
Re: Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? by MissSlimbody(f): 3:33pm On Jan 26, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Wellsaid.

My dear, by the time they placed me on one month fasting...by the second week...I ran back to them o. That I
dreamt and saw masquerade pursuing me...
I saw/dreamt nothing! undecided
hahahahahaha cheesy grin cheesy
Hunger don show you pepper.

True about remembering vividly when you manage to dream (maybe once in 6months)
Re: Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? by myola777(m): 3:34pm On Jan 26, 2015
TVTKOKO:
Right frm when i was a kid till date(i'm over 20 now),i dnt know what it is lyk to dream. My family dnt know about this and i dnt care because i neva took it serious.
Just of recent i came to realise dat dreaming is part of human nature and i seem to be 1 in 1million...

Pls is there anything psychological attached or am i the only person experiencing this Pls ur response is needed tanks
you may not know for now, when you are closing to late 20 or early 30 and when the reality of life is occurring to you, you will come here and tell us what you dream about. have a patience you are still going to have more than enough dream
Re: Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 26, 2015
myola777:
you may not know for now, when you are closing to late 20 or early 30 and when the reality of life is occurring to you, you will come here and tell us what you dream about. have a patience you are still going to have more than enough dream

Bang !!! Shots fired !!! grin grin
Re: Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? by MissSlimbody(f): 3:57pm On Jan 26, 2015
mxxpunkxx1:
If you don't believe, ask somebody to monitor you this night while you sleep . . or if you have a CCTV . . put it in your room and start a video of yourself while you sleep . . Then watch it in the morning . .

You'll see yurslf moving your legs, arms, talking to yurself, maybe even clapping your hands . . during the sleep . . That's when you're dreaming !!!

Some days back, somebody was sleeping in the afternoon and was saying . "Turn left, turn right, stop, pass that roundabout" . . i knew he was dreaming maybe he was inside a car . .

Yes some ppl do talk in their sleep, but talking accompanied with body movement is definitely a sign the person is presently dreaming . .

I know about people talking in their dreams, but believe me, I don't.
I have made fun of lots of people, I'm very sure they won't spare me if I do cheesy

My aunt and a cousin sleep with their eyes open and I have never seen their eye balls moving up, down, left or right.
Believe I have studied them, I sometimes move my finger towards their eyes and I get no reaction.

I happen to be a very light sleeper, so much so that I wake up whenever I want to change position.
Re: Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 26, 2015
MissSlimbody:

I know about people talking in their dreams, but believe me, I don't.
I have made fun of lots of people, I'm very sure they won't spare me if I do cheesy

My aunt and a cousin sleep with their eyes open and I have never seen their eye balls moving up, down, left or right.
Believe I have studied them, I sometimes move my finger towards their eyes and I get no reaction.

Lol, i had to laugh at hard . . the REM isnt constant. U weren't paying attention to all i've been saying.
I said it's a stage in deep sleep . . . emphasis on the words "stage" and "deep sleep"
sleep --> deep sleep ---> rapid eye movement ---> dream ---> sleep --->deep sleep e.t.c and so it goes . .
for u to detect it, means u have to stay looking at them throughout the night . . which is impossible . .
can only be detected with computers in laboratory science procedures . .
sorry i had to laugh again . . it was funny looking at the eyes, u won't even notice it lol
and yu said you don't talk in your sleep lol .. how can you know when u're sleeping . . .?
Re: Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? by MissSlimbody(f): 4:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
mxxpunkxx1:

Lol, i had to laugh at hard . . the REM isnt constant. U weren't paying attention to all i've been saying.
I said it's a stage in deep sleep . . . emphasis on the words "stage" and "deep sleep"
sleep --> deep sleep ---> rapid eye movement ---> dream ---> sleep --->deep sleep e.t.c and so it goes . .
for u to detect it, means u have to stay looking at them throughout the night . . which is impossible . .
can only be detected with computers in laboratory science procedures . .
sorry i had to laugh again . . it was funny looking at the eyes, u won't even notice it lol
and yu said you don't talk in your sleep lol .. how can you know when u're sleeping . . .?

I'm sure you missed the parts where I said " I have made fun of lots of people that talks in their sleep (my lil sis and mum) that they won't spare me if I do"
Re: Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 26, 2015
MissSlimbody:

I'm sure you missed the parts where I said " I have made fun of lots of people that talks in their sleep (my lil sis and mum) that they won't spare me if I do"

This is inconclusive . do u expect us to believe you folks stay up all night watching who talks in his/her sleep ?
U probably leave your room and go to yur mom's room to watch if she talks in her sleep . . to make fun of her
or she leaves her husband and come to your room to watch you if you do the same . .
or you guys probably sleep in one room and watch each other . like a game or sumt'n ?
Re: Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? by sholay2011(m): 8:55pm On Jan 26, 2015
Reverse is the case for me sha.

If I take a nap sef, I usually dream o. There are sometimes I forget the dream but I KNOW that I dreamt.

(1) (Reply)

How Does "Ghana Must Go" Came About? / Dont You Think BBM Should Employ Me To Design Similey For Them :P / The Life And Death Of Nigeria’s Most Notorious Armed Robber, Lawrence Anini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.