Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

My Close Friend Died Since 2009 But I Still See Him In My Dreams. Is It Normal? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Close Friend Died Since 2009 But I Still See Him In My Dreams. Is It Normal? (729 Views)

Drake Ft Chris Brown – Closer To My Dreams / ‘A Doctor Was Asking Me Out While My Friend Died’ – Friend To Student Who Died / Money Oriented Or My Dreams? (Help A Brother) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Close Friend Died Since 2009 But I Still See Him In My Dreams. Is It Normal? by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 02, 2016
I lost this my closest friend ever in auto crash since 2009 and no night passes without seeing him in my dreams. The dreams are always so real that I hardly differentiate between them and real life.

At first, I thought maybe it was hard to forget him and I had to dispose of things especially the clothes/shoes/watches we shared in common but the solution was still far.

The last time I visited home, I went to his graveside to pay some respect and something awful happened when I was about leaving to the extent that my cousin I went with asked me if I was feeling someone's presence in my car.

I woke up now after my first nap to type this. During the nap, I dreamed of us gisting and I was quite away he was dead because I was the one that told him to hide when we heard a sound of a car approaching my house only for my colleague to ring my door bell and I woke up.

I once talked to a priest about this but I wasn't convinced when he tried to turn it into a prayer warrior thing.

My own suspicion and instincts keep telling me that this my dead pal is close by. I remember those very young days when we were both dreaming of traveling to the States and pursuing a military career. Today, I'm in the States meeting up with our plans while his carcass in lying helplessly in his grave at the village.

Pls, does anyone have an insight into what is going on? I'm getting confused by the day to the extent that I now look at every face I meet very well, just looking out for this my guy. I'm not going crazy but my instincts never lies to me.

Lalasticlala, Seun, pls help me get people's advice and opinion. Tnx
Re: My Close Friend Died Since 2009 But I Still See Him In My Dreams. Is It Normal? by Generalpapiiii(m): 8:37am On Oct 02, 2016
judging by Nigerian movies. na u kill am

1 Like

Re: My Close Friend Died Since 2009 But I Still See Him In My Dreams. Is It Normal? by maxti: 8:38am On Oct 02, 2016
Had such experience when growing . but i out grew it. You may need to stop believing its real n take ur mind off it all.
Re: My Close Friend Died Since 2009 But I Still See Him In My Dreams. Is It Normal? by madridguy(m): 8:40am On Oct 02, 2016
@ OP, you're advise to consult the elders for spiritual separation so the bond between you both can be broken. Until you perform his rite I don't think your late friend will stop visiting you.
Don't know how long you stay here before proceeding to the US, but if you were brought up here in Nigeria, you might have experience or heard of something of such especially with the market women/men.
Re: My Close Friend Died Since 2009 But I Still See Him In My Dreams. Is It Normal? by BrightEye(m): 9:00am On Oct 02, 2016
It is nothing critical. It is part of life activities or realities we are not used to, simply because we are denied the right to know about it by our so-called systems of indoctrination, which term it "evil", simply because they have no rational basis in explaining the phenomenon.

Look around you, having placed yourself at the center of a silent atmosphere, then you will realize life doesn't end at 'death' but at the failure to realize this.

Every thing that happens to a man has what it teaches. But your own case depends on how you view life.
Re: My Close Friend Died Since 2009 But I Still See Him In My Dreams. Is It Normal? by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 02, 2016
maxti:
Had such experience when growing . but i out grew it. You may need to stop believing its real n take ur mind off it all.
I've been telling myself "it was just a dream" for the past 7years bro, how else can I do it?

I traveled home last year and purposely left the pictures we took together at home just to know if that could put an end to this.

Also during my visit, I told his mum about this and she said she knew her son was existing somewhere considering the nature of his death. There's this belief in my locality about accident death victims being seen existing somewhere else and they have so many stories concerning that though I never believed any. Don't get me wrong, the mum isn't an unenlightened woman, she's a Professor emeritus.
Re: My Close Friend Died Since 2009 But I Still See Him In My Dreams. Is It Normal? by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 02, 2016
BrightEye:
It is nothing critical. It is part of life activities or realities we are not used to, simply because we are denied the right to know about it by our so-called systems of indoctrination.
You sound like someone with some more knowledge about this, can you please throw more light on your comment?
Re: My Close Friend Died Since 2009 But I Still See Him In My Dreams. Is It Normal? by BrightEye(m): 9:32am On Oct 02, 2016
SirJeffry:
You sound like someone with some more knowledge about this, can you please throw more light on your comment?

seriously, there is nothing I can do to throw a light. Life is an ocean of knowledge, learn how to swim, then you shall be spared from ignorance. The only way I can teach u 'how to swim ' is to encourage you to start swimming. Meaning break free from spiritual dependency and have everything thing you need at your disposal...... being it answers to such question.
Re: My Close Friend Died Since 2009 But I Still See Him In My Dreams. Is It Normal? by maxti: 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
SirJeffry:
I've been telling myself "it was just a dream" for the past 7years bro, how else can I do it?

I traveled home last year and purposely left the pictures we took together at home just to know if that could put an end to this.

Also during my visit, I told his mum about this and she said she knew her son was existing somewhere considering the nature of his death. There's this belief in my locality about accident death victims being seen existing somewhere else and they have so many stories concerning that though I never believed any. Don't get me wrong, the mum isn't an unenlightened woman, she's a Professor emeritus.

I get u clearly. I wouldn't want to mislead u.... but. Why not engage in a conversation. ....
Sorrry

What's your faith?
Re: My Close Friend Died Since 2009 But I Still See Him In My Dreams. Is It Normal? by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 03, 2016
maxti:

I get u clearly. I wouldn't want to mislead u.... but. Why not engage in a conversation. ....
Sorrry

What's your faith?
I'm a Christian

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Deactivate Their Account On Nairaland? / Why I Hate Africans And The Arabs- Donald Trump / All The Types Of Neigbours You Are Likely To Have In A Nigerian House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.