Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira (845 Views)

Central Bank Of Nigeria (CBN) Imposes N1.00/per N1,00.0.00 Debit Transaction Fee / CBN Devalues Naira From 155 to168 , Raises Lending Rate to13% / Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by savesoul(m): 11:31pm On Dec 24, 2008
Make una Help me oooooo, i opened my mail this evening just to receive my pleasant xmas present from GTB. Those assh**s debited my hard earned cash of 155,000 naira, i have tried the customer care number several times, i don't know what to do ooooooo. and to make it more annoying the transaction took place at the head office!!!! I now have a very good reason to stop banking with those exalted animals. if i don't get my money as soon as possible, i will make sure at least 20 of their top staff make the deadline to heaven this year,. I need advice oooooo. angry
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by Nimshi: 1:52pm On Dec 26, 2008
Sheesh! Easy, easy.

1) Log-in to your account again and check that the debit is still there.
2) If yes, then check what the the narration says for the debit for the amount.
3) If it looks suspicious or unauthorised by you, call your account officer if you have the officer's mobile telephone number.
4) If 3)'s not applicable, check if you have the mobile phone number for any GTBank member of staff; if you do, then do call the peron to explain the situation.
5) It's already the 26th, but of this transaction isn't authorised, then there couldn't be any limit/restraint to sorting it; could you report to this page the position of things?

If unauthorised, this is very bad, and it'll be top priority.

Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by joshua1996: 3:57pm On Dec 27, 2008
take am easy which bank is that i can help you i know much of their manager pm me de.joshua1996@yahoo.com
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by savesoul(m): 8:21am On Dec 30, 2008
I am very sorry for replying late to this thread. My apologies undecided , it was due to my running around on the matter.
i called GTConnect and told dem about the problem , they told me to hold on till Monday and go to the nearest GTB bank to complain. When i got to GTB bank on Monday , i immediately lodged a complain on the issue, to my greatest surprise anoda 256,000 has just been transferred from my account that morning. I am just confused, sick, and weak. the bank told me they have to block my account with immediate effect. I don't even have funds to spend the new year with my peeps. angry angry. I still need advise from you guys, The money in my account is for my education, i have been saving to be able to travel next year to England to study, this is a big set back for me. please if any one can plz answer this questions
1. Can i get my money back?
2. How soon?
3. How can someone go into the bank and transfer money from my account without the use of ATM or Online banking?

I am confused Nairalanders, plz help me.I hope Seun puts this on the Homepage so i can get enough help and ideas
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by calmguyj(m): 2:56pm On Dec 30, 2008
calm down savesoul! similar situaton happened to me this year in july & about 76k I lost. REASON: the fraudsters use my ATM not necessary the PIN no. to transfer the sum to an account with Oceanic Bank. My bank wrote them yet up till now they are trying to shield and protect the identity of this fraudsters with Oceanic bank.

just find out where the money was transferred to and how tell u what to do next.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by calmguyj(m): 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2008
If it's a case of fraud and the bank is unwilling to cooperate, go to the Police Special Anti-Fraud & Other Financial Malpractice Unit at Ikoyi to report.
Re: Help! Debit Transaction Notification >> 155,000.00naira by Nimshi: 10:48am On Jan 04, 2009
1) Whcih GTBank branch is your primary branch?
2) Do you have an account officer?
3) Do you have access to online banking?
4) What is the exact narration of the debits to your account?

You couls ask a million questions, but it's only the questions relevant to your case that do matter.

(1) (Reply)

Investor For Ideas. / 400k Loan,to Pay Bak N 2mnths With 40% Interest / Welcome To Naijashops.com - A Place To Sell, Auction & Market Your Stuffs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.