Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. (28856 Views)

Thank God Am Done With NYSC Today (pic) / My NYSC Personal CDS Projects In Anambra. Thanks To GOD For The Success / Corper Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday- SEE PHOTO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by zizibabe1(f): 11:34am On Jan 27, 2015
Aaah,its not new.The idiots have retained the same modus operandi over years.Mine happened several years ago while I was still job hunting.As soon as they started the bag of dollars in the booth of the car,me I just rested my head on the head rest and started blasting in tongues loud! They said,"auntie,na you we dey talk to o,see wetin dis man dey talk" me,I countinue with tongue speaking.They moved a little further away from Wuse market and asked me to come down,that theyare not going my way again.Na so,I just comot motor and my legs were shaking so badly

4 Likes

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by productiveme: 11:38am On Jan 27, 2015
The funny thing is, its the same old tale of "dollar in the boot/trunk of the car", may God save us from this evil folks.
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by welemouskey: 11:39am On Jan 27, 2015
drlawizle:

My people pls educate me abeg cos I really dont understand ds stories anymore oh...is it dat if I join the discussion I go just turn imbec..ile or wat?

Cos I no sabi why ppl dey fear to join in the discussion...why not join & laugh about it in you? Koyemi oh!

You wont turn to an slowpoke (YET) if you join the conversation but a lot of folks came out changed and dazed after their encounter with these people. So the question is, why engage them in a discussion? They will only hypnotize you and the rest is history
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by nkemdi89(f): 11:45am On Jan 27, 2015
Had such experience in owerri 2008, but guy na wa for your grammar o, from your writeups it shows you are a yoruba guy,hv personally observed that most yoruba corpers are fond of discriminating people from other tribes whenever they are posted outside their zones. The purpose of the scheme has been defeated .

2 Likes

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by macaphan007(m): 11:45am On Jan 27, 2015
Bros no worry na God save you,the "Dollar story" full abj especially around Banex,Nicon junction,one has to be very careful,ritualist full that town wella,I thank God for your life a friend of mine had an experience in 2012 she took the cab @ zone 6 where i was staying b4,i told her to meet me @ Lokogoma and they took her to Jabi village she was hypnotized na God just save the pretty dame i for don get missing person for my conscience...we all have to be careful and observant,na perilious times we dey so.
God bless!
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by joeyekembele: 11:47am On Jan 27, 2015
brito:
Thank God

They were 419 team. I fell a victim of the same trick in Lagos where I went with them to the Baba Lawo at Aton in Ogun state. I had already known what they were out for yet I took the risk because I had I jack knife in me. I was not so much in a hurry so I decided to take on the experience. We went to the native doctor and we swore an oath which I knew had no efficacy.they said we should contribute some money for the Baba Lawo to buy some items to be used in driving out some spirit from the money as the money was said to be stolen from one Alhaji by Northerner. Someone would hide in the inner room and feign a spirit being who would tell them what they would do to fortify themselves and drive away the spirit before the sharing, hence the need for the contribution. This is when they would require you to go and scout for money and bring. You would be given a target. Having met the target, more targets would be set until you are milked dry and you would not meet them at your final visit. In my own case, I collected 8000 from them since I said I needed some money to trave and bring 1m. I collected it, asked one of them to see me off where I held him and brought out my knife. I shouted to call attention and the rest ran away. To avoid being lynched,i left him as two people saw us and were coming close. He began to beg and said, officer, we are sorry. E jor a million time.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 27, 2015
Same tin happened to me in Abuja some months ago.

1 Like

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by productiveme: 11:54am On Jan 27, 2015
The story is not fake at all! I was a victim on 27/08/2010. That's a day I can never forget! The same old "Dollar tale". I was on my way home on Gerrad road, Ikoyi, Lagos.
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by macuwon(m): 11:55am On Jan 27, 2015
lol... if them kidnap corper.. wetin fg go do about us? nysc o
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by BetaThings: 11:56am On Jan 27, 2015
ROZZAYY:
Eeeyyyaaah its a very old means dat scammers use, I think dey brot it bak again, most times its not kidnap, dey r local scammers using local jazz, wen una reach dere dey will lie dat d money in in paper, dollar size and dey nid a chemical to change it which cost some money and u will be hypnotised to go home and steal from whomeva in ur hus has money.
It has happened to loadz of pips I know na only God dey save us o.
I don't understand
why do they need to get to another place before hypnotizing him?
Why can they not do it as soon as he enters the cab?
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by BetaThings: 11:58am On Jan 27, 2015
macuwon:
lol... if them kidnap corper.. wetin fg go do about us? nysc o
This is not about sentiments
I am not sure that kidnappers care about being a corper, kindergarten etc
They just want a human being

1 Like

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 27, 2015
welemouskey:

You wont turn to an slowpoke (YET) if you join the conversation but a lot of folks came out changed and dazed after their encounter with these people. So the question is, why engage them in a discussion? They will only hypnotize you and the rest is history

I just feel its all superstition & its actually people's greediness that lands them in hot soup called "Apo" of a place...cos you too just confirmed that one wont turn to an

imb..ecile. So wats d biggie? About hypnotism..do they have juju in dr mouth? Does juju really work? If it does why hasn't an African man been the most influential

person in the world? Illiteracy & ignorance simply turn ppl to animals hence they resort to crass savagery...it is because of this I'm afraid of ritualists not because I

believe dr magic will produce cash or power but because I know they are delusional enough to believe it.
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by lharstborn(m): 12:15pm On Jan 27, 2015
It happened to me in Ikere Ekiti just last week Thursday,I was coming from Ado Ekiti going to Akure,the person I went to see dropped me off at Ikere so that I can quickly board a car to Akure. After waiting for almost 30 minutes without any luck,I finally saw one car,I flagged it down..in it was the driver,a dude in d front and another lone passenger in the back. I negotiated the fare and we took off,on the way the driver started arguing with the dude at the back just as the OP described his experience,the passenger in the front chipped in,begging on the other guy behalf..after much refusal of the driver (which was planned obviously),the passenger in the front turned towards me and said "egbon,abii kini e ri so si oro yii?,e ba bobo yii be driver ko gbe (brother,what is your opinion about this issue? please help beg this driver on this guy's behalf so that the driver can carry him). I no even utter a word from my mouth,I bone face look out of the window saying to myself.."Nah Lagos boi una wan scam for Ekiti,God punish una;we've been aware of these kain movement before them born una!" As the driver see say I no get dia tym,he said me to get down saying he wants to go and drop the guy @ the location where he picked him from. "God punish una all..", I muttered under my breath.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by ROZZAYY(f): 12:29pm On Jan 27, 2015
BetaThings:

I don't understand
why do they need to get to another place before hypnotizing him?
Why can they not do it as soon as he enters the cab?
I don't know o but dats how I mostly hear d tale mayb cos dey have to convince u well and as @ dat time in d cab u may not be fully convinced.
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by Bsc(m): 12:32pm On Jan 27, 2015
Thank God for u bro....I hv bn in a Abuja a little while...but its Been God on my side...wisdom have thought me a lot...and I have learnt from ur story too.
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by shindarayo(f): 12:40pm On Jan 27, 2015
[quote author=seedbaba post=30167094][/quote]had d same xperience during my sec sch days.it happened dt I came home frm d hostel durin d long holiday, I was 14 den in ss3.noticed I hd hitching due to shsring of toilet in d hostel.md it kniown to my munm and she hd to tk m to d hospital for treatment.i was told to go for test and u know hw dis lab pple can frustrate ur life.my mum hd to leave me at d hospital as she ws called frm her shop dt her goods supplier were around.so I was left alone.after abt 2hrs of waitn for result dey finally gave m, I knew I cldnt c d doc alone so I hd to leave wt d intentn of cmn d next day.steppn out of d clinic I flagged down a cab, entered and I happened to b d 3rd passenger, a man in front and one young guy at d back though older dan me.i bought gala dt I was eating.d man in front looked so responsible u wldnt suspect..wen we got to a bustop, d guy beside m sd he ws alightn and he wanted to get his luggage frm d bk.d driver got down to help and d next tin we heard was ahhh, owo lo gbe(money u carried), he jammed d booth and told d guy to enter, by dis tym I was feeling uneasy tryn to comprehend wat was happn.i dropped d gala in my bag and was at alert.d guy gv d explanation dt he just got in frm togo, he used to b an errand boy wt a man dt he discovered d corpse of d man very early dis morn and since he stays alone wt him he decided to run away wt his money...d driver sd he wld drive him to d station, d man in ftont pleaded, the guy sd he has abt 1million dollars he wont mind sharing wt us.i kept mute truout dis event.wat alerted m was wen d driver sd we cant share d mony here dt we hv to go to a secured place and do so.i didn't know wat to do.we wre on motion cldnt cm down..God faithfully, we met little holdup at a roundabout, I already hd my hand on d door handle, I didnt inform dem b4 jumping down from d vehicle....I was so shaken and scared wen I git home and narrated d event to my mum....dont ask m hw I rem d details, dis is one event I can neva forget in my life.

1 Like

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by welemouskey: 12:48pm On Jan 27, 2015
shindarayo:
had d same xperience during my sec sch days.it happened dt I came home frm d hostel durin d long holiday, I was 14 den in ss3.noticed I hd hitching due to shsring of toilet in d hostel.md it kniown to my munm and she hd to tk m to d hospital for treatment.i was told to go for test and u know hw dis lab pple can frustrate ur life.my mum hd to leave me at d hospital as she ws called frm her shop dt her goods supplier were around.so I was left alone.after abt 2hrs of waitn for result dey finally gave m, I knew I cldnt c d doc alone so I hd to leave wt d intentn of cmn d next day.steppn out of d clinic I flagged down a cab, entered and I happened to b d 3rd passenger, a man in front and one young guy at d back though older dan me.i bought gala dt I was eating.d man in front looked so responsible u wldnt suspect..wen we got to a bustop, d guy beside m sd he ws alightn and he wanted to get his luggage frm d bk.d driver got down to help and d next tin we heard was ahhh, owo lo gbe(money u carried), he jammed d booth and told d guy to enter, by dis tym I was feeling uneasy tryn to comprehend wat was happn.i dropped d gala in my bag and was at alert.d guy gv d explanation dt he just got in frm togo, he used to b an errand boy wt a man dt he discovered d corpse of d man very early dis morn and since he stays alone wt him he decided to run away wt his money...d driver sd he wld drive him to d station, d man in ftont pleaded, the guy sd he has abt 1million dollars he wont mind sharing wt us.i kept mute truout dis event.wat alerted m was wen d driver sd we cant share d mony here dt we hv to go to a secured place and do so.i didn't know wat to do.we wre on motion cldnt cm down..God faithfully, we met little holdup at a roundabout, I already hd my hand on d door handle, I didnt inform dem b4 jumping down from d vehicle....I was so shaken and scared wen I git home and narrated d event to my mum....dont ask m hw I rem d details, dis is one event I can neva forget in my life.

I WEEP!!!!

R.I.P English
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by wisemaster(m): 12:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
You played the whole experience down by speaking pidgin. You make it sound like a fairy tale....i suppose you are a graduate seeking a PPA. You're a disappointment jare.

1 Like

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by kwenu: 12:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
i believe your story, thankGod for your life

1 Like

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by holusormi(m): 12:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
on the contrary op, they weren't trying to kidnap you, they only wanted to scam you. if it was a kidnap attempt, they probably would have pointed a gun to your head and stuffed your nose with an handkerchief laced with chlorofoam or any other sleeping drug, chances are you wouldnt even be here to tell this story, they were only trying to scam you bro,, you believe say na only #210 dey your hand,, when them throw format for you finish i can confidently tell you this, you go break bank go find money give them... congrats all the same
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by Ilekeh(f): 12:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
I don't understand the story content undecided
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by vanalero21(f): 12:56pm On Jan 27, 2015
Those pple r amateurs, oldest 419 thrick even my 2yr old son can decipher. Lol

1 Like

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by 9jatatafo(m): 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
OP your head dey there ooo, thank baba Jah say u fit escape. This story look old but e dey happen wella, na so I enter one yeye kabukabu for Lagos, I dey go Mile 2, na so the yeye people wey dey the Kab with me come dey say dem get 2 Ghana must go full of black money and all na dollars say dem wan wash am. As a Lasgidi old boy, I laugh inside my belle say see dis mumu dem think say I be jjc. As we dey drive go, na so I see askari patrol car wey e park, na so I dey shout inside the kab, police kia kia pursue us and flag the kabukabu wey I enter down, na so I tell oga askari the koko, oh boy askari carri dem go, na so I find my way home. Na bad market for dem that day though I nor trust askari as the runs men fit bribe askari one hand.
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by hrhobi1(m): 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2015
Many people for this Naira land na Mugus. So you people still don't know how Local 419s operate? Na wa.
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by ylaa(f): 1:36pm On Jan 27, 2015
AMEN. THANK GOD FOR HELPING YOU ESCAPE.

1 Like

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by kendraloops(f): 1:36pm On Jan 27, 2015
Eastherbunny:
Op I don't care if this your story is fake or not but my problem with is; in your story you repeating northerner as if those guys are immigrant or not part of the country. When you boarded a bike you said and I quote 'northerner take to .....'
In the bus you mention a lady,the driver,and a northerner why. Is calling the person a man or woman a crime

I'm sure he wrote A*boki. Nairaland autocorrects it to northerner.
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by chukkystar(m): 1:37pm On Jan 27, 2015
Abuja 419ners... Headquarters Lugbe and Jabi, some operate at wuse market but their strategy is different. Bro welcome to Abj
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by drdanny(m): 1:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
Classical Abuja One chance taxi...

They're fraudsters...

1 Like

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by seunique(m): 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2015
seedbaba:
bros eeh! I ddnt assume any tribe is dirty, why would I do that?. I'm just saying what I saw, she was igbo but that particular lady was dirty, she wasn't cleaned up at all... I'm not generalizing pls don't get me wrong, I'm particular about the lady beside me. I'm sorry if you take it as an offence. I'm sorry. Thanks
What a cool and calm response kiss
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by VeeVee87(f): 1:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
Nicon Junction is always their point....U r lucky dy didnt take u to Kubwa xpress...
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 27, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jigawa Corpers Queue To Get Water From The Tap At NYSC Camp / Fct Corp Member’s Take Change To The Street / Which Of These Did You Do At NYSC Orientation Camp?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.