Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

We Are Towing The Path Of Another Civil War(A Personal Opinion) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Towing The Path Of Another Civil War(A Personal Opinion) (962 Views)

IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha / If Buhari Negotiates With NDA We Will Have Another Civil War: Dr Junaid Mohammed / Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Towing The Path Of Another Civil War(A Personal Opinion) by Akbee(m): 6:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
OMAR BANGURA from Sierra Leone has this to tell Nigerians;

"I don't think you guys know what you are playing with. You can call each other names and laugh about it now but when you end up inciting hate here as I read through your posts here and a real civil war start in your country you will regret what you are doing now. Your religious and political leaders are trying to divide you between religious lines and you are helping them do that rather than standing up and say we are all nigerians never mind our tribe, region or religion. That's the only stand that will save your blessed nation. The foreign powers pushing the government to take certain decisions will abandon you when you start killing each other and reject you from running to their countries so be careful. Our 11 years war in Sierra Leone was not even based on religious or tribal difference and see what we did to our country. The worst conflicts are those based on tribal and religious differences. See Central Africa, Bosnia. My heart bleeds when I read what you guys are saying because I know what this will lead to. You will be the losers all of you whether Christian, Muslim, ibo, yoruba or hausa. Stand as one and save your nation together because you have only one Nigeria that has the potential to lead Africa."
PLEASE HELP SAVE NIGERIA.
Re: We Are Towing The Path Of Another Civil War(A Personal Opinion) by Dsage1: 6:57pm On Jan 27, 2015
Civil war is inevitable especially if GEJ win the general election.
Re: We Are Towing The Path Of Another Civil War(A Personal Opinion) by watchthisposter(m): 6:57pm On Jan 27, 2015
My brother I fear that it may already be too late. Buhari is a proven tribalist and religious fanatic APC is trying to rebrand.

Unfortunately that has also served to fan the tinders of the ethnic and religious divide in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: We Are Towing The Path Of Another Civil War(A Personal Opinion) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
Human beings love fighting. There're too many of us on earth already and nature has to take its course.
Don't worry, after fighting we'd unite even stronger in a pact aiming not to repeat our mistakes.
Re: We Are Towing The Path Of Another Civil War(A Personal Opinion) by BlackTechnology: 7:13pm On Jan 27, 2015
If war will stop injustice so be it

Why can't North wait till 2019

Why can't North do without power

Is Nigeria their personal property

If quota system is applied in admission into schools and federal jobs/appointments to give unqualified Northerners a say,

We must apply quota system in ensuring that ethnic groups of few thousands are allowed to RULE Nigeria

What is good for A is also good for B

Say No To Internal colonialism

Say No To Political Slavery

Say No To Born To Rule

Hypocrisy must not be allowed to thrive grin
Re: We Are Towing The Path Of Another Civil War(A Personal Opinion) by watchthisposter(m): 7:14pm On Jan 27, 2015
charix:
Human beings love fighting. There're too many of us on earth already and nature has to take its course.
Don't worry, after fighting we'd unite even stronger in a pact aiming not to repeat our mistakes.

Except this time we have some serious weapons and as such there may be nobody left to "unite" after we finish fighting...
Re: We Are Towing The Path Of Another Civil War(A Personal Opinion) by tit(f): 7:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
there will be no war.
buhari will lose!
his supporters will riot for two weeks.
when it is time for them to get their salaries, they will chill.

1 Like

Re: We Are Towing The Path Of Another Civil War(A Personal Opinion) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
i pray that there will be no war but truly the signs of war is showing itself......is only a person that hav not experienced war before that talks anyhow......I pray for nigeria because if anything happens in feb14 , it is we the masses that will suffer it .....they are already relocating there families abroad while we are here campaigning for them.....watch both gej and buhari and you will know that they have notin to loose if we embark on war.....Gowon and Ojukwu didnt die in the civil war but millions of innocent souls were wasted.....Is better that both of them is disqualified than to embark on war.....Remember that the economy is going down so i wonder how we will survive if war arises....please pray for peace no matter where you come from or your religion.....peace is the answer.....
Re: We Are Towing The Path Of Another Civil War(A Personal Opinion) by Akbee(m): 7:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
charix:
why support war wen its obvious that u just cant hold a pistol nor make it work??can u stand the sight of blood??which oda home do u have apart from Nigeria n do u think that oda african countries are as friendly or hospitable as Nigerians..i hope u no the kind of impression that they have about us despite the fact that alot of them are nothing without our clot n resources..
bros anoda civil war wl be bloodier n more protracted than the drama we staged bak in the days..
u are an advocate of war right??remember,that those who beat the drums of war cant help but hear the sound.where is ur sense of patriotism?
Re: We Are Towing The Path Of Another Civil War(A Personal Opinion) by Akbee(m): 7:59pm On Jan 27, 2015
tit:
there will be no war.
buhari will lose!
his supporters will riot for two weeks.
when it is time for them to get their salaries, they will chill.
thanks dear.violence is not inevitable but it can be prevented or reduced to its barest minimum..a riot is better than a full-scale conflict-war.
Re: We Are Towing The Path Of Another Civil War(A Personal Opinion) by hedonistic: 8:12pm On Jan 27, 2015
A liberal Northern Muslim presidential candidate like Atiku or even Tambuwal would have been ideal for the APC. The election would have been more issues-based and not overly based on radical ethno-religious considerations as is the case with a proven Jihadist like Buhari.

1 Like

Re: We Are Towing The Path Of Another Civil War(A Personal Opinion) by Dsage1: 9:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
hedonistic:
A liberal Northern Muslim presidential candidate like Atiku or even Tambuwal would have been ideal for the APC. The election would have been more issues-based and not overly based on radical ethno-religious considerations as is the case with a proven Jihadist like Buhari.

What makes him a Jihadist? The people you mentioned are also Muslims and of course Northerners.
Re: We Are Towing The Path Of Another Civil War(A Personal Opinion) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 27, 2015
Akbee:
where is ur sense of patriotism?

Its dead, as yours should.
True I cannot handle a gun. True, I cannot stand the sight of blood nor imagine my immediate family experience war but where you fail is claiming I'd travel to a fellow african country for refuge - no way. I'd relocate to a Western country with a working democracy. I do not care anymore. I know eking out a living in a developed nation is a hundred times better than living a middle-income life here in Nigeria.

That said, I do not advocate war neither am I against it. If all our bickering comes to war then nature should take its path. All I know is the calm after the storm would last longer and ensure progress to our longterm development than any present division and walking on eggshells to avoid war would.
Re: We Are Towing The Path Of Another Civil War(A Personal Opinion) by hedonistic: 10:02pm On Jan 27, 2015
Dsage1:

What makes him a Jihadist? The people you mentioned are also Muslims and of course Northerners.

The likes of Atiku and Tambuwal are LIBERAL Muslims because their antecedents, family/personal ties, relationships, and public utterances do not portray them as extremists.

On the other hand, Buhari's antecedents are replete with Islamic extremism.. . . From his promise in 2001 to work for the full implementation of Sharia across Nigeria, to his numerous public utterances that indicate his diabolical thirst for Christian blood (dogs and baboons).
Re: We Are Towing The Path Of Another Civil War(A Personal Opinion) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 27, 2015
watchthisposter:

Except this time we have some serious weapons and as such there may be nobody left to "unite" after we finish fighting...

Humans're like rats. We always survive.

(1) (Reply)

Group Says North Will Wait Till 2019 To Field Young, Vibrant Candidate / "Nigerians Are Useless" / Permanent Voters Card ( PVC ) Pickup Location Finder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.