Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners (15568 Views)

AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi / Finally, AMCON Sells Keystone Bank / 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by danielmichael(m): 7:24am On Jan 28, 2015
sagio09:
Jst Saw a "Breaking news:Obasanjo defects to APC?" Who else saw It? And wats ur analysis about diz? Is jonathan really goin to make it this time around? Or is the............................
#CHANGE really gonna happen dis tym around?
May I hear 4rm d voice of th masses.....

Obasanjo na nigeria or him b yur popsy

Nonsense
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by erunz(m): 7:30am On Jan 28, 2015
munex007:
Dear intelligent Nigerian - Are You Aware?
• That Skye Bank Plc Chairman, Chief Tunde Ayeni bought Nigeria's moribund M-TEL/NITEL for $252M?
Are You Aware?
• That Skye Bank Plc Chairman, Chief Tunde Ayeni bought the Ibadan (PHCN) Disco Distribution?
Are You Aware?

• That Skye Bank Plc Chairman, Chief Tunde Ayeni bought Mainstreet Bank Plc for #120B for skyebank to acquire mainstreet bank?
Are You Aware?

• That Skye Bank Plc Chairman, Chief Tunde Ayeni donated a whopping N2Billion to President Goodluck's re-election fund on Saturday 20th December?
Are You Aware?
• That President Goodluck Jonathan just
after 2 days of receiving # 2B donation from Skye Bank Plc chairman, has approved increase in tariff of PHCN?
...................    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .....................
It's unfortunate that people who support
Jonathan misrule to continue think they are doing Buhari harm. The only harm being done is to themselves and every other Nigerian. By 2019, our country would have been completely sold to the highest bidder and nothing will be left for us, honest and hard-working Nigerians if u allow PDP to continue. !!!.
• If you hate Buhari because he is a Muslim, at least look at his Vice, he is a Pastor. • If you hate Buhari because he doesn't have a "Primary Six certificate", as some ignorants are claiming, look at his Vice, he is a Professor of Law. • If you fear that as a formal military leader, Buhari may have the tendency of not upholding the rule of law, then look at his Vice, he is a distinguished Lawyer and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria.• Even if you think Buhari has nothing to offer, he cannot be as hopeless, corrupt and harmful to Nigerians as Jonathan's Government. !!• You have no reason to allow this corrupt administration of GEJ / PDP to continue till 2019 when you can booth them out now.•
Vote wisely. Be intelligent.
was he the only bidder or was the highest bidder, Same way tinubu owns almost everything in Lagos and even fully controls 10 ministries in Fashola's government. This is why we want #jimi in Alausa

1 Like

Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by onyxo76(m): 7:31am On Jan 28, 2015
has any bank bought keystone bank over? please if what happens if you have an account with a distressed bank and you already have an account with the bank that buys over the distressed bank?
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by cleric(m): 7:38am On Jan 28, 2015
BokoHaramm:
go back to school bro or show your certificate like GMB.
Sometimes, in trying to be funny you guys display foolishness. Well, I guess silence is the best answer for ..... (fill in the gap since you have certificates). Simpletons that are jobless and hide behind a screen whilst punching away on a board. cry I weep for your folks. EOD
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by Nicepoker(m): 7:39am On Jan 28, 2015
DWJOBScom:
Please take over and employ more qualified young people.

jobless man
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by Nicepoker(m): 7:41am On Jan 28, 2015
teemanbastos:
whether they transfer it to World Bank.
I just want to inform all that
itz GEJ till May 29th,2015.

BUHARI IS THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA.
OSINBAJO IS THE NEXT VICE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA..
May 29,2015 on my mind.
How many likes 4 GMB/OSINBAJO?
who r u in the society. A nobody am sure.
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by ayoa123: 7:47am On Jan 28, 2015
I wish mainstreet bank that took over from Afribank PLC will acknowledge the shares of my mum as she served the bank with over 25years with no gratuity and nothing to show for it.

We desire change and restitution from these banks. Am quite sure a huge number of people were also affected too.
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by teemanbastos(m): 7:48am On Jan 28, 2015
Nicepoker:
who r u in the society. A nobody am sure.
Am a Blessing to my generation sir.
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by ITbomb(m): 7:53am On Jan 28, 2015
Are you aware that the richest Nigerians with billions of dollars in oil business are northerners with commandeered oil blocks and they choose to stash away the proceed in offshore banks to avoid notice instead of re-investing it in Nigeria?

Are you not aware of the billions that were abandoned in SWISS accounts by northern oil block owners.

Someone is re-investing money into the Nigeria Economy and you are ranting nonsense.

After eating of the oil block proceeds and using it to develop other countries, they are now jittery that the second coming of Goodluck will block the renewal of their oil block for free money. NO WAY.

No more business as usual, no more free subsidy money.

We are preventing the old guard from drawing Nigeria back to the ditch after the revival by Jonathan.

GEJ TILL 2019

munex007:
Dear intelligent Nigerian - Are You Aware?
• That Skye Bank Plc Chairman, Chief Tunde Ayeni bought Nigeria's moribund M-TEL/NITEL for $252M?
Are You Aware?
• That Skye Bank Plc Chairman, Chief Tunde Ayeni bought the Ibadan (PHCN) Disco Distribution?
Are You Aware?

• That Skye Bank Plc Chairman, Chief Tunde Ayeni bought Mainstreet Bank Plc for #120B for skyebank to acquire mainstreet bank?
Are You Aware?

• That Skye Bank Plc Chairman, Chief Tunde Ayeni donated a whopping N2Billion to President Goodluck's re-election fund on Saturday 20th December?
Are You Aware?
• That President Goodluck Jonathan just
after 2 days of receiving # 2B donation from Skye Bank Plc chairman, has approved increase in tariff of PHCN?
...................    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .....................
It's unfortunate that people who support
Jonathan misrule to continue think they are doing Buhari harm. The only harm being done is to themselves and every other Nigerian. By 2019, our country would have been completely sold to the highest bidder and nothing will be left for us, honest and hard-working Nigerians if u allow PDP to continue. !!!.
• If you hate Buhari because he is a Muslim, at least look at his Vice, he is a Pastor. • If you hate Buhari because he doesn't have a "Primary Six certificate", as some ignorants are claiming, look at his Vice, he is a Professor of Law. • If you fear that as a formal military leader, Buhari may have the tendency of not upholding the rule of law, then look at his Vice, he is a distinguished Lawyer and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria.• Even if you think Buhari has nothing to offer, he cannot be as hopeless, corrupt and harmful to Nigerians as Jonathan's Government. !!• You have no reason to allow this corrupt administration of GEJ / PDP to continue till 2019 when you can booth them out now.•
Vote wisely. Be intelligent.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by TS2(m): 8:05am On Jan 28, 2015
cleric:
What is it with all these take over and transfers? Still don't understand how Mainstreet bank took over afribank. Now they are skye bank. Are they trying to emulate airtel that thrives with name/ownership changes? undecided undecided undecided

Dont come and display your gross ignorance in public na. If you don't know something seek knowledge. You know how to use your internet to visit Nairaland but you cannot use it to find out simple facts.

How can someone who was an adult in 2009 - 2011 say he doesn't know how Mainstreet Bank took over Afribank? Wasn't Afribank nationalised? Infact it was stated in the article. The article also says that AMCON has sold two of the bridge banks to preferred bidders who I can tell you bidded through very stringent and transaparent means. That is how Mainstreet was bought over by Skye Bank.

This is not nuclear engineering na bros.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by rman: 8:23am On Jan 28, 2015
siraj1402:
I smell politics.I hope the new owner banks are not those who donated the N20b for the re election?We will soon know the really truth.

Your intuition is right!

Tunde Ayeni is the majority share holder in skye bank. He acquired Nitel recently and has a stake in one of the power discos.

All because he was fully involved in helping to smuggle Alamesiha ( hope I'm correct) into Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by jadelyn007(f): 8:31am On Jan 28, 2015
What next after the takeover. I really want to know the fate of the current mainstreet bank staff. Hope they doing intend sacking to replace?
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by slimmax: 9:10am On Jan 28, 2015
jadelyn007:
What next after the takeover. I really want to know the fate of the current mainstreet bank staff. Hope they doing intend sacking to replace?
By july you will have your answer.
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by Adesiji77: 9:16am On Jan 28, 2015
onyxo76:
has any bank bought keystone bank over? please if what happens if you have an account with a distressed bank and you already have an account with the bank that buys over the distressed bank?

On Keystone Bank sale, the MD of AMCON said
“Keystone Bank will be sold in due course. An election time is clearly not the best time to commence the sale of a bank. We will wait for the elections and allow the dust to settle. Sometime in the second quarter of the year, we will commence the sale of Keystone Bank.”
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by daresimon(m): 9:32am On Jan 28, 2015
Warning to dose working in those banks...start looking for another job
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by abisolaarshow(f): 9:56am On Jan 28, 2015
Fellow Nigerian i want to ask, what will be the fate of those workers of Mainstreet Bank Registrer that was retrenched without any compensation now that the bank have been finally sold to skye bank, a bank i didn't know how strong they are.

mind you the case has been in the court of law since 2013, over a year now.
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by jadelyn007(f): 12:07pm On Jan 28, 2015
slimmax:

By july you will have your answer.
how do u know. Have u experienced any bank takeover's before or do you by any chance work with skye bank? Currently we r just speculating at mainstreet. We are not sure if members of staff will be retained or paided off
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by dahmie2013: 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2015
"According to him, if the bridge bank option had not been adopted in 2011, the systemic crisis in the banking crisis would have been unprecedented and costly in terms of its effects on other banks.

He thanked AMCON and the interim management of the two banks for taking up the responsibility of assisting the CBN to stabilise the bridged banks and restoring them to good financial health."

SLS legacies speaking!
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by slimmax: 8:56pm On Jan 28, 2015
jadelyn007:
how do u know. Have u experienced any bank takeover's before or do you by any chance work with skye bank? Currently we r just speculating at mainstreet. We are not sure if members of staff will be retained or paided off
Finbank to fcmb staff were shared around branches and tellers were paid some cash(170k plus). Do you work wit mainstreetbank?
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by sagio09: 10:02pm On Jan 28, 2015
danielmichael:

Obasanjo na nigeria or him b yur popsy

Nonsense
Can u jst imagine how illetrate u sound,u can't make reasonable nd smart like comments.Anytime ur species talk,u always sound like a dumb illetrate thug.Please go back to school.
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by danielmichael(m): 10:06pm On Jan 28, 2015
sagio09:

Can u jst imagine how illetrate u sound,u can't make reasonable nd smart like comments.Anytime ur species talk,u always sound like a dumb illetrate thug.Please go back to school.
Lols

Always vomiting gibberish and bunches of rigmaroles at will..

Ya nofing buh the unwarranted ramadan of buharis cows in katsina

Na who suppose goto skool

Me or yu

Dasporative salamander like yu

Fool
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by jadelyn007(f): 7:30am On Jan 29, 2015
slimmax:

Finbank to fcmb staff were shared around branches and tellers were paid some cash(170k plus). Do you work wit mainstreetbank?
yes.
That's cool
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by sagio09: 8:52am On Jan 29, 2015
danielmichael:

Lols

Always vomiting gibberish and bunches of rigmaroles at will..

Ya nofing buh the unwarranted ramadan of buharis cows in katsina

Na who suppose goto skool

Me or yu

Dasporative salamander like yu

Fool
U'r blowing unidentified grammer 2 convince me d@ u've being 2 skul.yeah!!,u went 2 skul jst like ur clueless master daft wit a phd bt dnt knw d syntax of applying knwldg 2 his everyday life.Nt only d two of u,u're many oll arnd.jst sight at ur coments abv nd jst se hw clueless u sound,I'm nt gonna quote u any more cox i'm afraid u may take me down 2 ur illeterate fools organizd scope nd vow 2 chllnge me.First go bck 2 skul nd learn 2 speak nd sound mature then u can come bck here nd face me.4 ur info,i'm nt gonna quote u anymore cox I dnt regard illetrates nd foools as sensible being.Try 2 b obedient nd co-operate at class nd hv a gud moment wit ur teachers @ class.
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by danielmichael(m): 8:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
sagio09:

U'r blowing unidentified grammer 2 convince me d@ u've being 2 skul.yeah!!,u went 2 skul jst like ur clueless master daft wit a phd bt dnt knw d syntax of applying knwldg 2 his everyday life.Nt only d two of u,u're many oll arnd.jst sight at ur coments abv nd jst se hw clueless u sound,I'm nt gonna quote u any more cox i'm afraid u may take me down 2 ur illeterate fools organizd scope nd vow 2 chllnge me.First go bck 2 skul nd learn 2 speak nd sound mature then u can come bck here nd face me.4 ur info,i'm nt gonna quote u anymore cox I dnt regard illetrates nd foools as sensible being.Try 2 b obedient nd co-operate at class nd hv a gud moment wit ur teachers @ class.
Lols
@class
erroneous Phrasal noun
Ure nofing buh a dilapedated gobbledegook.
And wait re yu tired of being quoted.
Sure as hell yu got nofing to say.
Buh lemme sound dis to yu,
You'd'rather yu went for rudiments in constructive english cos all those rigmaroles up there re convoluted gibberish.
And as for me and ma master who got phd we re jus sayin its time you went for yur waec atlist yu shud have that.

Satirical simpleton

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tingo Foods Targets 12000 Jobs With Multi-Billion Naira Food Processing Facility / ECOWAS Launches Regional Contest For New Currency’s Name And Icon / What Are The Products Nigeria Make?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.