Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,220 members, 7,849,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:37 AM

My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan (23780 Views)

Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors / Expect More Good Works From Me – Jonathan Tells Nigerians / Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by dabossman(m): 11:47am On Jan 28, 2015
Billygee2u:

what have you done for your villagers before I
will ask of your community ?

you are insulting our president,listen and listen well ,"he who respect the elders(GEJ is a senior citizen as our elder) paves way for his
owngreatness
even your attitude here shows that you are not
qualified to be GEJ's son-inlaw's house boy.

Err, not trying to knock your hustle but President GEJ did say that some senior citizens are nothing but garage touts. So much for respect.
#justsaying
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by wirinet(m): 11:48am On Jan 28, 2015
49cents:

There is so much bitterness and lack of objectivity in your assessmnet of GEJ. I am a proponent of young people in government...what is wrong with that? If you count yourself as incapable or unworthy to assume elective office in whatever capacity then stay there!

All these military men, even buhari, that you are clamouring for was the minister of petroleum in his 30s and head of state at 43 and here u are lamely berating GEJ for his opinion on young leaders.....shane on you and your mindless likers

So sick of the unthinking buharists thinking buhari and his cohorts will take nigeria into eldorado even in 4 years

And you think you have objectivity in your assessment og GEJ? What do you mean you are a proponent of young people in government? Are young people or were young people not in government? Was Dimeji Bankole not a youth? Was Labaran Maku not a youth? Was Amaechi, Saraki, Fashola not youth when they became governor of their respective states. How did the so called youths perform when given responsibilities? Just because you are a youth does not mean you should be handed over a government responsibility, you must earn your position like any other Nigerian.

Since Jonathan haa been harping so much on youthfulness and age, what has he done to mentor these youth. A good leader cultivates acolytes or disciples who will propagate his ideas and values, how many youths has jonathan inspired. Awolowo trained and left many disciples who took over leadership and carried on with his ideals and principles. What exactly are Jonathans ideals and principles outside the quest for power.

Please give example of one youth that you think can lead Nigeria. You guys are just parroting youth, youth, youth just to malign Buhari.

1 Like

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 11:57am On Jan 28, 2015
Billygee2u:

what have you done for your villagers before I
will ask of your community ?

you are insulting our president,listen and listen well ,"he who respect the elders(GEJ is a senior citizen as our elder) paves way for his
owngreatness
even your attitude here shows that you are not
qualified to be GEJ's son-inlaw's house boy.

I see the truth hurts!
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 11:58am On Jan 28, 2015
fandango:
Just thank God ur in Nigeria cus if u were in North Korea by now you wld hv bn behaeded. Is it the President of Nigeria dat ur calling all this names? Dnt u hv elders in ur vilage? Ur making me think ur one of those that threw stone at President.

undecided undecided
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by Bobandgreat: 12:00pm On Jan 28, 2015
Olanireti:
Does the clueless man want to impose his son in-law on us? Clueless man ever liveth
[color=#000099]

Do you think he is Tinibu.
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 12:07pm On Jan 28, 2015
boujaye:

[size=13pt] Man void of sentiments, are you saying that:

1) The so called old General is sincere even with the certificate forgery saga?

2) There are not younger Nigerians who are astute, diligent, upright and pragmatic to rule this nation?

3) Are you implying that the younger ones are all thieves and the older ones like Buhari are saints?

Please ponder on and lets read your views again.
[/size]

1. I have no doubt that GMB is very sincere about the certificate. You need to prove otherwise and not the make-up stories PDP sell to dummies before I change my position.

2. Of course there are many young Nigerians who are astute, diligent, upright and pragmatic to rule this nation. But has this current regime led by GEJ demonstrated that? Are the young Nigerians in his government not looting without any consequences?

3. Of course you know that I don't imply that all young Nigerians are thieves and older ones are saint. That will be stupid of anyone to imply but the fact is that Jonathan loves the corrupt ones and the thieves irrespective of their age.

Ponder please!
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by mikovo2002(m): 12:33pm On Jan 28, 2015
PassingShot:
Crap as usual from the unintelligent president.

Going by your warped reasoning, it doesn't matter if the younger person is competent or not.

OBJ who led from age 70 till 78, despite our condemnation of his regime, has turned out to be far better than yours by every parameter with which good governance is measured.

If you had performed well beyond the mediocre achievements you hype about, Buhari would have been a DOA (dead on arrival)
case but since your performance has been an "F", we youths are
once again relying on the so-called old but sincere General.

In your myopic calculation, you will not mind supporting any of the younger thieves and looters who dominate your government.

You remain the worst president Nigeria has ever known.
Buhari is already dead on campaign. Listen to his campaign " I will fight curruption, insurgent and problem of economy" period
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by fairheven: 12:37pm On Jan 28, 2015
This JONAthan is a comedian "per excellento"..the same goes to all the ppl shouting that Buhari is old,I mean how old is JONA?..almost 60yrs an Buhari is 70 or so,an wat is the difference?first lest ask ourselves,wt is the recommended age for a nigerian presidential aspirants,40yrs?is that not an error in our badly crafted constitution..that we clamouring for youths to take over an yet the law forbids a "30yr old " from been our leader,wt a shame!so if Buhari is old,Jonathan is not young either.
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 12:39pm On Jan 28, 2015
mikovo2002:

Buhari is already dead on campaign. Listen to his campaign " I will fight curruption, insurgent and problem of economy" period

What is wrong in saying that?

Compare and contrast with Mr. Clueless and come back to me.
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by bakila: 12:44pm On Jan 28, 2015
freshness2020:
Gbam!

No cheating, we the easterner's are not hungry for power like some drunk, old and greedy politicians!
APC is grinding down!
After GEJ 2015, Ribadu 2019 follows!
Nuhu Ribadu will be 59 by that time. He should withdraw from the race now and give his ticket to someone younger, that person must be smarter than him too. That person must have a beautiful, intelligent and caring wife.

1 Like

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by londoner: 12:47pm On Jan 28, 2015
It does not sound as if he is suggesting forcing anyone on Nigeria, he is simply saying an older candidate won't get his support.

It's about time the younger generation are involved in politics beyond door to doors, crusades, photo ops, and thuggery.

The traditional order needs replacing and Nigerians need to really feel as though the polity is a reflection of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 28, 2015
what happen if the older candidates wins the election, you will not handover right? finger cross
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by discusant: 1:02pm On Jan 28, 2015
PassingShot:

Going by your warped reasoning, it doesn't matter if the younger person is competent or not.

OBJ who led from age 70 till 78, despite our condemnation of his regime, has turned out to be far better than yours by every parameter with which good governance is measured.

If you had performed well beyond the mediocre achievements you hype about, Buhari would have been a DOA (dead on arrival) case but since your performance has been an "F", we youths are once again relying on the so-called old but sincere General.

In your myopic calculation, you will not mind supporting any of the younger thieves and looters who dominate your government.

You can never see the achievements of Jonathan because you are driven by ethnic and religious bigotry to blindly support a man like Buhari for president of Nigeria in this 21st century. Lies from APC against Jonathan government are mega barrels. To blackmail the incumbent governor of Kaduna state, APC's El Rufai just lied that there are only 200 doctors in Kaduna state. Lies . Fact is even ABU Zaria alone has more than 200 doctors. Why does APC depend on lies?
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by Omotruth: 1:11pm On Jan 28, 2015
Despite your insult on the president, GEJ is still waxing strong. GEJ will be president come Feb. 14 2015, we don't need old cargo like BUHARI who parades him as clean while being completely dirty with no certificate , check his atrocities in the military in fact he is a disagree to humanity no wonder IBB overthrew.
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by discusant: 1:19pm On Jan 28, 2015
londoner:
It does not sound as if he is suggesting forcing anyone on Nigeria, he is simply saying an older candidate won't get his support.

It's about time the younger generation are involved in politics beyond door to doors, crusades, photo ops, and thuggery.

The traditional order needs replacing and Nigerians need to really feel as though the polity is a reflection of them.

President Jonathan merely expressed the desire for a younger person to lead Nigeria after him. Do not mind the mindless APC people who are mostly with almajiri level education like their Buhari. They can't even read between the lines.
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by anitadee1: 1:25pm On Jan 28, 2015
Gej is the man despites the insult he is sill doing his work and paying deaf ear.he want a younger generation to rule nigeria not some old hag.in dis 21th century.
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by Zubestmodric(m): 1:27pm On Jan 28, 2015
[quote author=9jagistonline post=30199732][/quote]u or nobody
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by fehintola21: 1:34pm On Jan 28, 2015
wow what a good president that has feelings for up coming generation and he must be encourage on feb14th#GEJ4NIJA#
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by coolfredo(m): 1:40pm On Jan 28, 2015
PassingShot:

If you had performed well beyond the mediocre achievements you hype about, Buhari would have been a DOA (dead on arrival) case but since your performance has been an "F", we youths are once again relying on the so-called old but sincere General.

mr man dnt say we youth pls .... u should be ashame of ur self bro no offence intended, wen wil u be de "LEADER OF TOMORO? abi ur tomoro never cum, hw can u still suport ur grand father to decide n lead u again .. u need change yet u cant change ur mind set... hw can u say that someone dt hav u in mind is d worst presido dnt u kno dt before he said he cant support any one older than 57yrs that he cares abt d youth tht u said u r?
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by lozanni(m): 1:58pm On Jan 28, 2015
PassingShot:

Jeez, you APC brat ascribing motives to GEJ which he can never support.

GEJ until 2019, after That The youths take over like in Britain, US and The rest of The civilized world.
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by pheliciti: 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2015
Blazinraj01:
Obasanjo was 62 when he became president and not 70 while Yar'adua was 55.
Interesting that the President would make all these errors. He can't tell that Yaradua (whom he worked with closely) died before at 58, yet he says someone can't remember phone number. What's the use of a PhD if it's not accompanied with mental acuity?
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 2:09pm On Jan 28, 2015
coolfredo:
mr man dnt say we youth pls .... u should be ashame of ur self bro no offence intended, wen wil u be de "LEADER OF TOMORO? abi ur tomoro never cum, hw can u still suport ur grand father to decide n lead u again .. u need change yet u cant change ur mind set... hw can u say that someone dt hav u in mind is d worst presido dnt u kno dt before he said he cant support any one older than 57yrs that he cares abt d youth tht u said u r?

Cares about the youths my foot!

Cares about the youths yet the youths in his cabinet steal us blind? Good governance is not defined by age or any of the other stupid parameters you PDP talj about.
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 2:16pm On Jan 28, 2015
discusant:
You can never see the achievements of Jonathan because you are driven by ethnic and religious bigotry to blindly support a man like Buhari for president of Nigeria in this 21st century. Lies from APC against Jonathan government are mega barrels. To blackmail the incumbent governor of Kaduna state, APC's El Rufai just lied that there are only 200 doctors in Kaduna state. Lies . Fact is even ABU Zaria alone has more than 200 doctors. Why does APC depend on lies?

Lies about Jonathan?

1. It's a lie that 12 unemployed youths died in the NIS job scam, and that no justice have come their families way?

2. It's a lie that 21 billion dollars was alledged to be missing (ok NOI said it's about 10 billion dollars) and nothing is said about the forensic report that was commissioned by Mr. Clueless till date?

3. The kerosene and fuel subsidy scam is a lie?

4. Stella Oduah's defrauding of her ministry is a lie?

5. That you Oga says stealing is not corruption is a lie?

Wgen you have an upright youth capable of leading Nigeria, give me a call.
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by confidenceikeh: 2:31pm On Jan 28, 2015
Come febuary2015 GEJ is dia already[quote author=9jagistonline post=30199732][/quote]
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by Blazinraj01(f): 2:38pm On Jan 28, 2015
pheliciti:

Interesting that the President would make all these errors. He can't tell that Yaradua (whom he worked with closely) died before at 58, yet he says someone can't remember phone number. What's the use of a PhD if it's not accompanied with mental acuity?
yes; true. I'm always surprised at the utterances he makes since he started the campaign.
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by confidenceikeh: 3:16pm On Jan 28, 2015
This is really a breath of fresh air. I knw u av d interest of d youth at heart

#GEJYOUNGATHEART#

GEJ TILL 2019[quote author=9jagistonline post=30199732][/quote]
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by jaybee(f): 3:44pm On Jan 28, 2015
cocoduck:

It is your father that is a morron, FYI GEJ has been deputy goernor,governor,vice president and now president and will remain president till 2019, and that old 419 daura dog will be shamed

Ok there are two morons. GEJ and the poster's father. But it is GEJ that we know. it is GEJ that is owing us. We gave him our mandate for good governance he did not deliver and he is being pushed to and fro by his greedy thieving associates and benefactors into claiming he can deliver next time. that is the characteristic of a classic mor0n.
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by maxtamazin: 4:15pm On Jan 28, 2015
genearts:

Are they presidents just because of their age or because of the content of their character?? I wonder how some of reason. So I should vote GEJ jst because he is 57 and not because of his ideology and what he stands for?? I weep for u

U should weep more for ur self and the nation. Vote for whoever u want, don't vote for GEJ. but let's make sure after this election, we look for more younger generation. ..We should align with new thinking and new world order. ..The world is getting younger. I think you should get a bucket...u gonna need it.
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by coolfredo(m): 4:50pm On Jan 28, 2015
PassingShot:

Cares about the youths yet the youths in his cabinet steal us blind? Good governance is not defined by age or any of the other stupid parameters you PDP talj about.
for ur infor am not into any political party, it jux dt i hate old papa to decide for me. i hate someone dt really knows nothin to govern me.. i hate to c someone with no common waec to govern me with my bsc n msc. bro dnt let em miss lead u, gej is not d best but buhari is nt even in d picture.
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 28, 2015
PassingShot:

OBJ who led from age 63 till 70, despite our condemnation of his regime, has turned out to be far better than yours by every parameter with which good governance is measured.

foolish statement. You said same on obj, now gej. I am waiting for ur stupid ass to say same to gmb if he ever smells the seat again.
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by maxtamazin: 5:23pm On Jan 28, 2015
PassingShot:

While you are here typing trash. ..Our leaders are already positioning their kids to take over. Most of the kids are working in both PDP and APC camps as campaign managers, fund raiser and so on while you sit on ur hungry as-s working as an unpaid Internet warriors. Let us make sure we close ranks and demand for full participation in the next dispensation.
Re: My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan by divajei: 5:49pm On Jan 28, 2015
yes oh, we need competent and energetic leaders, let the old papas go and rest, allow we youth that knows the situation on ground, to use our sharp and active minds to sort and solve this country problems and confusion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC To Buhari: Probe Wike’s Tenure As Minister / "Osinbajo Is Better Than Buhari, Take It Or Leave It" – PDP Youths / RCCG Denies Letter To Fayose Recognising Deji Ogunsakin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.