Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,023 members, 7,859,690 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:56 PM

THE HIGHER-PRICED BRAND Luke 6:27-36 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THE HIGHER-PRICED BRAND Luke 6:27-36 (354 Views)

Can Luke 6:27-37 Be Applicable In This 21st Century. / Throwback Photo Of Bishop David Oyedepo As A Pastor 36 Years Ago / Indeed! This Is The Last Time. The Breakdown Of Luke 21:25-27 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE HIGHER-PRICED BRAND Luke 6:27-36 by graluxxy054(f): 6:17am On Jan 28, 2015
THE HIGHER-PRICED BRAND

Like 6:27-36

Imagine you're in your local super-market and you walk up to a display that features a new kind of shoe polish. A salesperson grabs your attention and says, "The miracle of modern science will bring a rich luster to dull leather. It's so good that everyone will notice the difference and want to know what you're using. Sure, it costs more, but you really can't afford NOT to buy it."
Up to this point you've being patient. But then you notice something that causes you to say, "I'm sure you believe in your fancy wax. But from what I can see, your shoe polish doesn't work any better than the brand I usually buy. If what you're selling is so great, why don't you shoe shine brighter than mine?"
Our efforts to interest people in the gospel are sometimes just as unconvincing. All too often we ask them to trust Christ as their Savior and be willing to pay the high price of following Him, but we fail to give them visible evidence that Christ makes a difference in our lives.
How do we establish a credible witness? One way is to love our enemies and not just our friends. We can also show kindness when its not expected or deserved. By the Holy Spirit's power, we can demonstrate that following Christ is well worth the higher price.
>>> M. R. De Haan 11

GOOD MORNING

1 Like

Re: THE HIGHER-PRICED BRAND Luke 6:27-36 by ChikezieU(m): 7:16am On Jan 28, 2015
Wow i never knew someone noticed. To trust in God is not that simple but we sing it every minute. O God give me the courage to trust you i may have said this many times but please forgive me.

(1) (Reply)

Gospel Youth Films / His Offer / Muslim Character

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.