Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Do You Really Love The Nation Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Really Love The Nation Nigeria? (917 Views)

President Jonathan To Address The Nation, Nigeria, 7:00 am / Man Sleeping While INEC Chairman Was Adressing The Nation / The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Really Love The Nation Nigeria? by OneVoice1: 9:27am On Dec 26, 2008
American laws, which are derived from their constitution, are regarded as equal denominator. Although American laws are not absolutely perfect, I cannot over stress the protection of individual rights, fairness of justice, freedom of speech and movement, religious tolerance, discipline, freedom of press, right to bear arms, due process, right of the people peacefully to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances etc, which the constitution and laws have provided for the citizens.

Whatever power is not granted to the leaders and politicians of America by the constitution is invested with the citizens. The citizens, with the power of their votes, can change any political party that fails to perform to the satisfaction of the American people. Can the same statement be made about Nigerian constitution and the citizens too? NO!

America is a country of laws, and can enforce it 99% of all time without fear or favor. It is only good and effective laws that can bring different people from different countries, with different background to the same level without discriminations. In America, ignorant of the laws does not exculpate the defaulter.

In comparison, while American constitution and laws have yielded positive results in providing good welfare for the citizens, justice, transparency, and economic development etc, for the country, and continue to head NORTH in those areas, Nigerian constitution and laws have yielded negative results in the same areas, and continue to head SOUTH, in the wrong direction. In agreement with the biblical saying, that “by their fruits thou shall know them.” I let my readers be the judge.

If Nigeria is going to remain united, and be a viable economic power as America, or other developed countries of the world, it must find this missing thread.

Our strength and unity cannot come from a common language, color of our skin, geographical location, culture, diversity, size and population, but in our laws and order which will be embedded in our constitutions.

Re: Do You Really Love The Nation Nigeria? by oderemo(m): 6:59pm On Dec 26, 2008
i can die for my country, but i always wonder what will change after my death, will obj , ibb, odili,alams,and ors come clean for the betterment of the poor ?
Re: Do You Really Love The Nation Nigeria? by PapaBrowne(m): 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2008
ode remo:

i can die for my country, but i always wonder what will change after my death, will obj , ibb, odili,alams,and ors come clean for the betterment of the poor ?

Please oh, don't die for ur country oh! Your country is a contraption put together by Lord Lugard and the guy so disliked this place that he called it Nigeria- latin word for "Dark Area"!
Re: Do You Really Love The Nation Nigeria? by kosovo(m): 10:34pm On Dec 26, 2008
NO, NEVER
Re: Do You Really Love The Nation Nigeria? by TOYOSI20(f): 10:35pm On Dec 26, 2008
Yeah I do smiley
Re: Do You Really Love The Nation Nigeria? by oderemo(m): 10:42pm On Dec 26, 2008
no seriously i can die for my country but i keep thinking what will change after my death.
Re: Do You Really Love The Nation Nigeria? by TOYOSI20(f): 10:43pm On Dec 26, 2008
ode remo:

no seriously i can die for my country but i keep thinking what will change after my death.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Really Love The Nation Nigeria? by asha80(m): 11:25pm On Dec 26, 2008
Love nigeria? nonsense.
Re: Do You Really Love The Nation Nigeria? by oderemo(m): 11:40pm On Dec 26, 2008
look you can die for a course if it will bring changes to that situation, like giving your kidney to your kids , your eyes to your love ones when you know it will be cherished , but NIGERIA , WELL I AM STILL THINKING ABOUT IT.
Re: Do You Really Love The Nation Nigeria? by AbuMaryam1(m): 12:17am On Dec 27, 2008
@poster
Your question is quite understatement. Dont feel with all this disgust between Nigerians and think Nigerians dont love the country. Nup. If u want to know try and strike Enugu and see if people from Kano or Lagos will fold their hands and look at you, and vice verser.

Secondly, our problem is our leaders. We need a change. We need revolutionaries. We need patriotic leaders.

I'm ready and i will die for my country. May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Do You Really Love The Nation Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 1:16am On Dec 27, 2008
ode remo:

look you can die for a course if it will bring changes to that situation, like giving your kidney to your kids , your eyes to your love ones when you know it will be cherished , but NIGERIA , WELL I AM STILL THINKING ABOUT IT.
Lol
Would you give a kidney to, say, a brother, who has spent the last 30 years of his life shooting cocaine up his veins and has no serious intentions to quit his habit? Say only two months ago, the doctor tells him he has only 4 months to live but a healthy kidney would save him. Would you give up your kidney for him?
Re: Do You Really Love The Nation Nigeria? by netotse(m): 1:22am On Dec 27, 2008
@question
sometimes
Re: Do You Really Love The Nation Nigeria? by lucabrasi(m): 3:43am On Dec 27, 2008
whats there not to love about nigeria the culture,the atmosphere,the people,natural resources,rich and fertile lands e.t.c
if you meant dying as in literally,then i cant die for anyone at all but of you mean sacrificing all,then i can surely do that for my country, i rep nigeria and stand up for naija anywhere i am GOD bless nigeria smiley
Re: Do You Really Love The Nation Nigeria? by geolabious(m): 9:40am On Dec 27, 2008
[size=13pt]Yes I do[/size]
Re: Do You Really Love The Nation Nigeria? by geolabious(m): 9:42am On Dec 27, 2008
[size=13pt]Yes I do[/size]
Re: Do You Really Love The Nation Nigeria? by IGWEUSA(m): 10:20am On Dec 27, 2008
If i no love naija, na SUDAN or Zimbagwe wey i go love.

*********help build UR nation****************************** lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Really Love The Nation Nigeria? by Muza(m): 1:13pm On Dec 27, 2008
IGWE_USA:

If i no love naija, na SUDAN  or Zimbagwe wey i go love.

*********help build UR nation****************************** lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

get the Bleep out of naija!  grin
we dnt need bigots
Re: Do You Really Love The Nation Nigeria? by IGWEUSA(m): 1:37pm On Dec 27, 2008
Muza:

then get the Bleep out of naija! grin

Muza, u should change ur name to MUMU.

Read my line carefully and u will see tha I only Voiced my support 4 Naija.

******** latent illiterate hausa MUGU**************

**********not mean to insult, just d reality************************** lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Really Love The Nation Nigeria? by otokx(m): 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2008
I Do

(1) (Reply)

Ribadu Put It Straight To Ibori! No More Game Mr Man? / Sanusi's Godfathers Exposed: The Game Plan Unravelling. / Abuja Bombing; ‘dokpesi, Ex-gov Have Cases To Answer’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.