Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,130 members, 7,860,062 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:00 AM

Soludo’s Tenure As CBN Gov, A Disaster – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo’s Tenure As CBN Gov, A Disaster – FG (1187 Views)

Buhari’s Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara Tenure As Permanent Sec. Breeds Crisis / FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss / Omojuwa Called Jonathan A Disaster, And Got This Reply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo’s Tenure As CBN Gov, A Disaster – FG by modhream: 12:31pm On Jan 28, 2015
Soludo’s tenure as CBN gov, a disaster – FG
JANUARY 28, 2015 BY IFEANYI ONUBA, ABUJA
5 Comments
The Federal Government on Wednesday
described the five year tenure of Prof
Chukuwma Soludo as the Governor of the
Central Bank of Nigeria as a failure and a
disaster to the banking sector.
Soludo who was the apex bank governor
between May 2004 and May 2009, had on
Monday written an article where he claimed
that the Nigerian economy under President
Goodluck Jonathan had performed woefully.
But the Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-
Iweala while reacting through a statement
issued by her Special Adviser Communications,
Mr Paul Nwabuikwu said Soludo through his
article has committed what she described as
“intellectual harakiri.”
The Minister noted that not only was the
article littered with abusive and unbecoming
language, it shows Soludo, whom she
described as an “embittered loser in the
Nigerian political space” can get so derailed by
misquoting economic facts and maliciously
turning statistics on their head to justify a
hatchet job.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/soludos-tenure-as-cbn-gov-a-disaster-fg/
Re: Soludo’s Tenure As CBN Gov, A Disaster – FG by modhream: 12:32pm On Jan 28, 2015
That's it,folks.FG's response to Soludo's article.
A point by point rebuttal.
Re: Soludo’s Tenure As CBN Gov, A Disaster – FG by Yeske2(m): 12:36pm On Jan 28, 2015
Whoever is surprised with this should be caned. Soludo brought on several salient points about both parties and PDP led government would not speak on those points telling us how true or false, all they know is to try dent his name.

1 Like

Re: Soludo’s Tenure As CBN Gov, A Disaster – FG by nwafuluozoh: 12:36pm On Jan 28, 2015
Soludo is just a bitter man. He's yet to get over his inability to be the Governor of Anambra state. So he pitched his tent with the Aggressive Peoples' Coven.
Re: Soludo’s Tenure As CBN Gov, A Disaster – FG by moneypassmadam: 12:38pm On Jan 28, 2015
Well it means if you criticize the government, their reply is character assassination not a point by point rebuttal

1 Like

Re: Soludo’s Tenure As CBN Gov, A Disaster – FG by Change2015(m): 12:47pm On Jan 28, 2015
modhream:
That's it,folks.FG's response to Soludo's article.
A point by point rebuttal.

Obviously you have not read Soludos article. This is no point by point rebuttal. For that refer to the APC response penned by Fayemi. Ngozis response is just a little better than FFKs abuse. Still Soludo is/was pdp, so we are glad to see you all in disarray.

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: Soludo’s Tenure As CBN Gov, A Disaster – FG by modhream: 12:49pm On Jan 28, 2015
Change2015:

Obviously you have not read Soludos article. This is no point by point rebuttal. For that refer to the APC response penned by Fayemi. Ngozis response is just a little better than FFKs abuse. Still Soludo is/was pdp, so we are glad to see you all in disarray.

#change
#GMB
#APC
Sarcasm,man.
I read everything,APC's response inclusive
Re: Soludo’s Tenure As CBN Gov, A Disaster – FG by obailala(m): 12:54pm On Jan 28, 2015
I am still waiting for someone from the FG or PDP to properly respond to the figures raised by Prof Soludo. The fact is that Soludo's write-up delivered a huge politically destabilising blow to the GEJites by exposing sacrosanct figures which have always been hidden from the masses.

When you can't deal with the truth, you simply attack the messenger. Why cant they dispute the figures raised by Soludo?

I remember not too long ago, Jonathan's henchmen and irredeemable worshippers slaughtered Sanusi Lamido Sanusi for speaking up about the mismanagement of the economy. These same set of people claimed that Soludo was a refined CBN governor who knew his onions unlike SLS who was just a talkative dimwit. Now the story has changed.

If by any means Jonathan rules Nigeria till 2019, by that time the Jonathanians would have succeeded in rubbishing every single person left in this world except of course, themselves.
Re: Soludo’s Tenure As CBN Gov, A Disaster – FG by obailala(m): 12:56pm On Jan 28, 2015
nwafuluozoh:
Soludo is just a bitter man. He's yet to get over his inability to be the Governor of Anambra state. So he pitched his tent with the Aggressive Peoples' Coven.
If by any means, Jonathan rules till 2019, I'm sure every Nigerian and foreigner who speaks would be 'just bitter people'
Re: Soludo’s Tenure As CBN Gov, A Disaster – FG by SHOPPERS(m): 1:10pm On Jan 28, 2015
As they rightly say, Those who can't do, teach. Soludo and Fayemi, good teachers, bad Executives.
Re: Soludo’s Tenure As CBN Gov, A Disaster – FG by nwafuluozoh: 1:12pm On Jan 28, 2015
obailala:

If by any means, Jonathan rules till 2019, I'm sure every Nigerian and foreigner who speaks would be 'just bitter people'
Don't get me wrong. Positive Criticism should be well timed and backed up with solutions. Attacking the FG's policies NOW while undermining its achievements smirks of the antics of a bitter person working with/for the opposition.
Note: Not every criticism/advice should be made public.
Re: Soludo’s Tenure As CBN Gov, A Disaster – FG by obailala(m): 1:28pm On Jan 28, 2015
nwafuluozoh:

Don't get me wrong. Positive Criticism should be well timed and backed up with solutions. Attacking the FG's policies NOW while undermining its achievements smirks of the antics of a bitter person working with/for the opposition.
Note: Not every criticism/advice should be made public.
There is only a limit to the lies someone can take while remaining silent; especially someone who is very knowledgeable and adept at interpreting economic indices. Just like Soludo mentioned, the first step to solving a problem is accepting that there is a problem and this is something the present government isn't doing. Instead, Nigeria for long has been awash with beautiful messages of economic prosperity, albeit on paper. How much longer do you want people like Soludo to fold their arms and keep quiet for, while they watch the already brainwashed Nigerians go out there and vote for a continuation of their doom which is disguised as prosperity?

Whatever the motive is behind Soludo's outburst is is not my problem or business at this time. I as a Nigerian am more concerned about the deceit which was exposed by Soludo. The figures raised are what affects me and not the personality of the man or his motives. I expect any defence by the government to be based on the figures raised and not based on Soludo's motives or past performance.
Re: Soludo’s Tenure As CBN Gov, A Disaster – FG by nwafuluozoh: 1:49pm On Jan 28, 2015
obailala:
There is only a limit to the lies someone can take while remaining silent; especially someone who is very knowledgeable and adept at interpreting economic indices. Just like Soludo mentioned, the first step to solving a problem is accepting that there is a problem and this is something the present government isn't doing. Instead, Nigeria for long has been awash with beautiful messages of economic prosperity, albeit on paper. How much longer do you want people like Soludo to fold their arms and keep quiet for, while they watch the already brainwashed Nigerians go out there and vote for a continuation of their doom which is disguised as prosperity?

Whatever the motive is behind Soludo's outburst is is not my problem or business at this time. I as a Nigerian am more concerned about the deceit which was exposed by Soludo. The figures raised are what affects me and not the personality of the man or his motives. I expect any defence by the government to be based on the figures raised and not based on Soludo's motives or past performance.
No wahala. Every man to his opinion. Enjoy the rest of your day.

(1) (Reply)

Who Should Fund Buhari's Funeral? APC Or FG? / . / Is Buhari Sick Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.