Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. (1381 Views)

Why APC Should Win Edo Governorship Election – Buhari / Buhari, Sanusi, APC Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians- Barcanista / APC Should Let Buhari Seek Medicare Abroad - Ayo Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by doctokwus: 12:04am On Jan 29, 2015
Pls dear esteemed members of the nland family,I have an issue that has been agitating my mind and I feel proactive ideas need to be got incase it does come to pass.
It all stems from the trend in the Nigerian political scene leading to the elections.From all indications,GEJ is likely going to lose the elections.Having sensed that GMB is going to win, the presidency and PDP have clearly gone into panic mood trying to use legal,non legal,religious,tribal,sentimental,health reasons and even outright blackmail to stop the general from contesting.All have failed so far.
So my question to all Nigerians desirous of a election that should usher in the peoples choice is this:what do we do if PGEF shows his last hand and unilaterally postpones the election or even accedes to an interim govt?
Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by eaglechild: 12:06am On Jan 29, 2015
Soak dog and baboon with blood.

BUHARI

1 Like

Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by doctokwus: 12:09am On Jan 29, 2015
eaglechild:
Soak dog and baboon with blood.

BUHARI
The nation burns.Are there no other options that can save the entity called Nigeria?
Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by vicadex07(m): 12:10am On Jan 29, 2015
The TANoid above me has nothing tangible to say as usual cos of guilty conscience.

Why are dey planning to postpone if they are so sure of winning... And yet some pigs here will be shouting confidently GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by eaglechild: 12:13am On Jan 29, 2015
doctokwus:

The nation burns.Are there no other options that can save the entity called Nigeria?
Your Messiah Buhari said so not I

1 Like

Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by doctokwus: 12:28am On Jan 29, 2015
eaglechild:

Your Messiah Buhari said so not I
Its been proven he wasn't the person that said those things. Anyway that's besides the point.Its because of fears like the one you attributed to him,am looking for other options.
Its almost accepted that the north may erupt in bloodshed which this time may affect the whole country,if d election were not to hold.What can b done to prevent the inevitable is what this thread seeks to achieve. For me I think d greatest statesmanship GEJ can show is allow d elections hold as scheduled and accept his faith.
Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 29, 2015
Stop the election for his village or Nigeria? We the ambassadors of change dare him, if he got the balls.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by fitzmayowa: 12:42am On Jan 29, 2015
doctokwus:
Pls dear esteemed members of the nland family,I have an issue that has been agitating my mind and I feel proactive ideas need to be got incase it does come to pass.
It all stems from the trend in the Nigerian political scene leading to the elections.From all indications,GEJ is likely going to lose the elections.Having sensed that GMB is going to win, the presidency and PDP have clearly gone into panic mood trying to use legal,non legal,religious,tribal,sentimental,health reasons and even outright blackmail to stop the general from contesting.All have failed so far.
So my question to all Nigerians desirous of a election that should usher in the peoples choice is this:what do we do if PGEF shows his last hand and unilaterally postpones the election or even accedes to an interim govt?

Do you have proof that the elections would be postponed or were you not in nigeria when GEJ told some people that postponement of election and handover date won't happen

So why spreed this kind of propaganda, post the above piece of information with a credible source then we go from there...

As it is now what you posted above is a figment of your imagination, election and handover date will not be postponed...#shikena
Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by doctokwus: 1:04am On Jan 29, 2015
fitzmayowa:

Do you have proof that the elections would be postponed or were you not in nigeria when GEJ told some people that postponement of election and handover date won't happen
a
I admit I don't have any kind of proof.My fears stem from the kites being flown:
(1)the NSA interview in London where he subtly hinted at INEC looking at the possibility of a shift in date.
2)the various demonstrations by various small groups of obviously sponsored individuals seeking for a shift
(3) the president himself just said may 29 is "sacrosanct";he avoided saying same of the election dates. An interim govt cud well b sworn in may 29,still making it sacrosanct for swearing in of a new govt!
4) formal threats by militant groups to wage war if GEJ is not elected,without the security agencies calling them to order. The fg cud as well say the atmosphere is not ripe for elections due to such threats.
Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by fitzmayowa: 1:17am On Jan 29, 2015
doctokwus:

I admit I don't have any kind of proof.My fears stem from the kites being flown:
(1)the NSA interview in London where he subtly hinted at INEC looking at the possibility of a shift in date.
2)the various demonstrations by various small groups of obviously sponsored individuals seeking for a shift
(3) the president himself just said may 29 is "sacrosanct";he avoided saying same of the election dates. An interim govt cud well b sworn in may 29,still making it sacrosanct for swearing in of a new govt!
4) formal threats by militant groups to wage war if GEJ is not elected,without the security agencies calling them to order. The fg cud as well say the atmosphere is not ripe for elections due to such threats.

you should know that talk is cheap, though i don't support some of the unguarded talks...The threats aren't enough reason for elections to be postponed...

So you don't have to worry yourself about issues like this...Elections and handover will hold as already stated...
Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by doctokwus: 2:01am On Jan 29, 2015
fitzmayowa:

you should know that talk is cheap, though i don't support some of the unguarded talks...The threats aren't enough reason for elections to be postponed...

So you don't have to worry yourself about issues like this...Elections and handover will hold as already stated...
I hope so for the preservation of the entity called Nigeria. The way pdp is going about subtly calling for a shift,coupled with the GEJ for a second term,or no Nigeria threat by the militants is making many people resolved to doing all to make sure the election holds ad scheduled and damn the militants.Many feel the militants supported by d presidency are trying to hold the nation to ransom and are resolved to calling their bluff.
Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by produce(m): 2:28am On Jan 29, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]@op them no fit na abah some days to go no excuses can be valid if they try am father no go recognize pikin again... break up for the country
Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by tobechi74: 2:51am On Jan 29, 2015
Court
Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by bettercreature(m): 3:57am On Jan 29, 2015
Serious protest and creation of parallel government,impeachment,beating or make him the second gbagbo
Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by doctokwus: 8:10am On Jan 29, 2015
bettercreature:
Serious protest and creation of parallel government,impeachment,beating or make him the second gbagbo
Nigerians are noted to easily get wary of protests particularly when the govt uses same Nigerian armed forces to intimidate fellow citizens.
tobechi74:
Court
Courts can be compromised. Don't forget its in Nigeria that an ex governor who has a supreme court justice wife got perpetual injunction from investigation of corruption charges.
Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by maureen546: 11:45am On Jan 29, 2015
APC poll over so dat GEJ will change our Nigeria PDP ebeano.
Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by ngoziiwenofu1: 12:09pm On Jan 29, 2015
PDP is ready for the election. Fully prepared for it.
Vote PDP
Vote GEJ
Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by doctokwus: 5:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
ngoziiwenofu1:
Vote PDP
Vote GEJ
But the body language from the PDP is clearly one that is favouring a shift.So if pdp is ready why is it promoting a shift in the date?
Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by doctokwus: 6:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
bettercreature:

1 Like

Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by produce(m): 8:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
ngoziiwenofu1:
Vote PDP
Vote GEJ
do you follow trends @ all
Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by mikolo80: 10:09pm On Jan 29, 2015
doctokwus:

abi you prefer this patch patch that we are suffering. Better to go for broke if our leaders refuse to play by the rules. Like you said,the nation burning so what we saving ourselves for
Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by gwales: 10:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
parallel government with headquarters at lagos
Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by doctokwus: 10:32pm On Jan 29, 2015
mikolo80:
abi you prefer this patch patch that we are suffering. Better to go for broke if our leaders refuse to play by the rules. Like you said,the nation burning so what we saving ourselves for
Of course I detest this tragedy we call a govt.The fears I expressed with this thread are already manifesting with supposed plans by PDP to organise mass protests using some groups,to scuttle d elections.
Many would not actually mind if we can go our separate ways peacefully,but my fear is that Nigerians are about to witness the unmasking of the monster that has been ruling us these past 5yrs:I believe GEJ wud rather the country burn to the ground than peacefully give up power.Sensible Nigerians don't want that.
My suggestion is that Nigerians with luv for this country write passionately to former heads of states and retired generals obasanjo, babangida,_abdulsalam abubakar and danjuma to convey a meeting telling GEJ to respect and adhere to the election timetable and the sovereignty of Nigeria.
I beliv if these powerful generals in consult with other powerful retired generals are to issue such statement,with the pulse in the nation now,GEJ wud know that there is a broad,powerful coalition hellbent on ensuring he alone loses in any such plot he has.
Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by mikolo80: 11:24am On Jan 30, 2015
doctokwus:

Of course I detest this tragedy we call a govt.The fears I expressed with this thread are already manifesting with supposed plans by PDP to organise mass protests using some groups,to scuttle d elections.
Many would not actually mind if we can go our separate ways peacefully,but my fear is that Nigerians are about to witness the unmasking of the monster that has been ruling us these past 5yrs:I believe GEJ wud rather the country burn to the ground than peacefully give up power.Sensible Nigerians don't want that.
My suggestion is that Nigerians with luv for this country write passionately to former heads of states and retired generals obasanjo, babangida,_abdulsalam abubakar and danjuma to convey a meeting telling GEJ to respect and adhere to the election timetable and the sovereignty of Nigeria.
I beliv if these powerful generals in consult with other powerful retired generals are to issue such statement,with the pulse in the nation now,GEJ wud know that there is a broad,powerful coalition hellbent on ensuring he alone loses in any such plot he has.
they are all power hungry elephants and all the kings grammar and all the kings letters will not change their minds. I just hope God has a non violent plan for nigeria cos all,i reset all developed countries have a violent past/inflection point. We may be getting to ours but i don't think jonathan has the werewithal to burn anything cos he gas lost control respect and even fear of the army. Everybody just waiting for feb 14.even jega refuses to postpone elections.last last we go vote with temporary voters card.my bet is he will make a last ditch effort to bribe inec officials to risk lynching and declare him winner.this one wey ordinary drivers de deny am.e go hard am small o.who wan die.dead bodi no de spend ghana must go o
Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by mgbeketoto: 11:25am On Jan 30, 2015
1. GO TO COURT!
The case would drag till 2019.
GEJ till 2019! cheesy

Buhari quenches before the COURT DATE.
Game OVA! cheesy
Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by doctokwus: 11:43am On Jan 30, 2015
mgbeketoto:
1. GO TO COURT!
The case would drag till 2019.
GEJ till 2019! cheesy

Buhari quenches before the COURT DATE.

Game OVA! cheesy
Is that the game plan?
Re: What Are The Options Available To APC Should GEJ Try To Stop The Elections. by doctokwus: 7:24am On Feb 03, 2015
Expressed fear days ago. Now coming to pass.
No to shift.
Sai buhari

(1) (Reply)

Ambode Akinwunmi’s Manifesto: Fact Or Fiction / Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch / A Very Shameful Post From Apcnigeria Twitter Handle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.