Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Career Option For A Computer Science Graduate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Career Option For A Computer Science Graduate (1022 Views)

JAMB Denies Introducing Points System Option For Screening / JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points / Top 10 Universities To STUDY Computer Science/engineering In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Option For A Computer Science Graduate by nairamaverick(m): 10:34am On Jan 29, 2015
Good day,

I'm a computer science graduate and would soon be rounding up my service year.

I would like to know the career options available to a computer science graduate, most of my colleagues are in the I.T department of various companies which to me is not a good way to kickstart your career and the pay isn't attractive.

I'm interested in knowing career options for a computer science graduate apart from been the I.T Guy and various companies to apply to from those who are in the field.

I should also mention that I'm just learning programming.

Please don't come here and tell me how impossible it is to get a job, let me worry about that.

Bashing and insults are welcomed.
Re: Career Option For A Computer Science Graduate by eagleae7(m): 10:53am On Jan 29, 2015
You already have a job with your computer
All you need is a sound knowledge in programming and your good to go.
Re: Career Option For A Computer Science Graduate by niggi4life(m): 11:20am On Jan 29, 2015
Start up anywhere if you can secure a job in an I.T company, you also need to ask yourself, what passion in I.T do you have? Is it networking, programming, database, sotware developing, telephony. I.T is just too broad so you need to flow with your passion. After you have decided which way to go, pick up books,videos and start reading, if you've got extra bucks you can look for an I.T training institute to learn more.
Knowledge they say is power
Re: Career Option For A Computer Science Graduate by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 29, 2015
Nigeria graduates are so clueless..So after spending four to five years in the university you still haven't figured out what to do with the Certificate?? After you go open that your mouth they shout say GOodLuck no provide Job for you. By the way, what's MATLAB??
Re: Career Option For A Computer Science Graduate by mitnick(m): 12:53pm On Jan 29, 2015
Tydies:
Nigeria graduates are so clueless..So after spending four to five years in the university you still haven't figured out what to do with the Certificate?? After you go open that your mouth they shout say GOodLuck no provide Job for you. By the way, what's MATLAB??
You sound as if ure d best in computer science, your response gives me no other option than to think you are a graduate who js passed through schl and schl did not pass through you. He simply asked a good question and all u could think of is an insult?? If you don't av anything to contribute jst shut d Bleep up. I tot smartphones are 4 smart people buh reverse is ur case.
Re: Career Option For A Computer Science Graduate by mitnick(m): 1:00pm On Jan 29, 2015
Considering career choice u need unerstand the area you are versatile. Buh I must confess u need programming. It now depends on the language u want to specify on.
Re: Career Option For A Computer Science Graduate by nairamaverick(m): 3:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
thanks guys for the input

(1) (Reply)

Study Free In Germany: How To Apply For Undergraduate And Postgraduate Programs / Tell Us The Name Of The Secondary School You Graduated From / BTEUP Polytechnic 1st Year Result 2015 – UPBTE Polytechnic 2nd Year Result On 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.