Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,957 members, 7,817,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) (41426 Views)

President Buhari Visits Cross River State (Live Updates) / APC Presidential Campaign In Borno State - Live Updates / APC Presidential Rally Benue State Live (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by Ayus34(m): 8:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
adioolayi:

We know your types....Oponu omo ala'ni ran (Fools of no ancestral lineage )
Ajise bi Oyo la ri, Oyo ki se bi baba eni kan (we set the pace)
Go and ask your forefathers if any, they will tell you our history and tradition.
it's really clear that u are too young or uninformed to know more about ibadan and relate it to the regional system of govt u are clamouring for.....ibadan as a city achieved far more than ur forefathers cave when we were practising regional system if govt......let me school u base on fact,the tallest building in Africa as at then cocoa house, free education started in ibadan,first acclaimed international stadium in Nigeria, liberty stadium,first TV/radio station in Africa,etc....all these are situated in ibadan despite morning achieved from agric resources....I dare u to list major achievements in ur region even under regional govt not to now talk of the our oil nonsense u are talking about. .... my friend u ask for regional system but all I'm clamouring for is total breakage of Nigeria. ......and any step that will lead to that will be accomplished IJN!
I can laid claim to what my family benefited from non oil economy but can't say something about the useless oil that has caused more damage to the youths and country at large!

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
MsNas and Missy89

Ibadan looks unattractive, yo. grin

Any of you two got plans for the ancient city in the future? tongue
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
mehn IBADAN B LIKE VILLAGE....WEN WILL IBADAN B LIKE PARIS?
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
^^^Stop that...it looks like an old city that just needs modernisation, especially the aesthetics. undecided

-------

Missy89, bring ya ar.se in here - don't go ghost on me now. You see, when I look at all these pictures - I look at the surroundings and architecture as well. I just want to know what you think can be done about the landscape and aesthetics. And also, the modernisation of the place, without necessarily destroying the history behind the old architecture.

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by DrPrickson: 8:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
ibisko04:

Sir, we are not in Europe. This is Africa and Nigeria particularly.
I have vacuum cleaner in my house but brooms remains the real cleaners that gets the job done better.
So I advise you to not run away from the natural process of cleaning your home.
I wonder why u use too brush instead of chewing stick and clipper instead of razor blade. They preach change yet they don't want to adapt to real change. What is the change in a 73 year old former head of state?
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by Missy89(f): 8:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
SirShymex:
MsNas and Missy89

Ibadan looks unattractive, yo. grin

Any of you two got plans for the ancient city in the future? tongue

Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 29, 2015
Missy89:

Lol. Big, I'm being serious.

Got plans for the city?

Also, from all the old Yoruba architecture I've seen on here - the Egbas seem to have the best one. Saw Ijebu Ode in the culture section last week on a thread created by some Ijebu guy - and the place looks ancient as well.

Anyhoo, a lot of these ancient Yoruba cities need modernisation...and this generation needs to get involved. What do you think? tongue
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by DrPrickson: 8:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
ibisko04:

You forget that natural processes is always better sometimes. Not everything machines.
This change is ordained from heaven. Natural phenomena. All things are working accordingly.
I wonder how they will turn the tables this time around. FEBUHARI 2015.
Broom is not even a natural process take note. Buhari is not a change , he represent our past . The past we are running away from
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by geebehn(m): 8:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
xtervaganza:
If Jonathan has any common sense left in him he should just withdraw from this presidential race.

He has been beaten before the race started

Hahahhahahahahah
I tell you bro, but it seems this jona just dey stubborn, just like king pharaoh.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by emmanuel90(m): 8:49pm On Jan 29, 2015
Keegan:

You can't understand, because you are what you want to be, a fool.
ok o...but QUICK TIP:from what i know,anyone who is quick to use vulgar words such as yours is infact not a fool but The FOOL...
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by lakesidepapa(m): 8:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
ManUtdholic:

We qo soon knw

Who the Mumu is
Can u tell me what how d final addresses went

This is the real koko, aregbe doesn't have case and omisore has no hope as he's finding what is not lost

Osun: Tribunal to Communicate Judgement Date
as PDP, APC Submit Final Addresses
Senator Iyiola Omisore
By Yinka Kolawole
Osun State Election Petition Tribunal hearing the
petition of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP’s
candidate, Senator Iyiola Omisore, challenging the
victory of Mr. Rauf Aregbesola of All Progressives
Congress, APC in the August 9, 2014 governorship
election on Friday adjourned for judgment.
The adjournment came following the adoption of
written address of the two parties by their counsel.
The Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP)’s governorship
candidate, Senator Iyiola Omisore is praying the
tribunal to cancel the results of the election in some
polling units in 17 local government councils of the
state and declared him the lawful winner of the
election.
Counsel to Omisore, Alex Izinyon (SAN), while
addressing the panel said the respondents, Governor
Rauf Aregbesola, APC and Independent National
Electoral Commission, INEC, had failed to defend the
allegation of corrupt practices, substantial non-
compliance and irregularities levelled against them,
urging the tribunal to discountenance their defense.
He said that the petitioner’s evidences were weighty
enough to declare Omisore the winner of the
election.
But respondents urged the tribunal to dismiss the
petition for lack of merit, baseless and wasting of
time.
Represented by Chief Akin Olujinmi (SAN) and Mr.
Rotimi Akeredolu (SAN) and Mr Ayptinde Ogunleye,
submitted that the specific allegations upon which
the grounds of the petition were predicated were
criminal in nature adding that the petitioners had
failed to prove the allegations beyond reasonable
doubt.
They noted that the tribunal had no discretion to hear
the petition based on their initial application that the
petitioner filed his petition out of time.
They however urge the tribunal to dismiss the
petition for lacking in merit with substantial cost.
Meanwhile, security were beefed up around the
court premises as armed policemen and operatives
of State Security Service (SSS) were deployed in the
area to ensure that there was no breakdown of law
and order.
Members of the PDP after the tribunal sitting had
gone to town singing that the tribunal had declared
their candidate, Senator Iyiola Omisore winner. The
news which spread like wild fire around the town as
residents of state were making callings to
government officials and journalists to find out the
true story concerning the sitting at the tribunal.
In a swift reaction, the All Progressives Congress
(APC) faulted the claim that PDP has won the election
petition tribunal case.
A statement issued by its Director of Publicity,
Research and Strategy, Mr Kunle Oyatomi said “it is
not true that the PDP has won at the Election Petition
Tribunal in Osogbo.
“The PDP members had gone beserk. Nothing of sort
has happened anywhere in any court of law of the
Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The APC admonished the residents of the state to
shun the rumour describing it as wicked and cynical
jubilation by PDP members around some centres in
Osogbo that they have won at the Tribunal.
“It is not only false, it is intended to create confusion
in the state capital and other cities. What happened
today at the tribunal was not a judgment. 'The
Tribunal simply had addresses by all counsel,
representing their clients on the case. After that, the
Tribunal chairman adjourned sitting indefinitely.
“No date has been fixed for judgment. Only a terrible
mischief-maker and political vagabond will go about
town declaring victory and rejoicing in a case of this
nature which the court has not made final
pronouncement on.
'The people of Osun should disregard PDP's antics.
'That party is already losing its mind and its
leadership in the state of Osun needs spiritual and
medical help.
'Governor Rauf Aregbesola is in charge and All
Progressives Congress is the party in power in the
State of Osun.
'Nothing has changed that fact. Osun people should
go about their lawful businesses and treat the PDP
people who are jubilitating over nothing with pity for
something has seriously wrong with them, the APC
said.
However, the Chairman of the three member panel,
Justice Elizabeth Ikpejime, adjourned indefinitely,
saying the date of the judgement would be
communicated to the parties.
“It is a fact that based on intelligence at the
Command's disposal, there was massive deployment
of policemen at conspicuous locations in Port
Harcourt to forestall breakdown of law and order.
“Members of the public are by this release called to
ignore and disregard the rumour, please.”
When contacted, Okocha also told THISDAY that he
was not under house arrest.
He however raised concern over the massive police
presence around his residence.
According to him, “I woke up this morning to see
about six troopers of police around my residence.
Although my movement was not restricted, the police
have not explained to me why that large security
presence.
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by shaboti: 8:58pm On Jan 29, 2015
Is this ibadan for real lipsrsealed
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by Missy89(f): 9:02pm On Jan 29, 2015
SirShymex:

Got plans for the city?

Also, from all the old Yoruba architecture I've seen on here - the Egbas seem to have the best one. Saw Ijebu Ode in the culture section last week on a thread created by some Ijebu guy - and the place looks ancient as well.

Anyhoo, a lot of these ancient Yoruba cities need modernisation...and this generation needs to get involved. What do you think? tongue

Those buildings are still standing for sentimental reasons. Most (if not all) ibadan elites have their family house(s) in those areas and wont consider modernizing or rehabilitating it.

The last time an outsider (militay regime) tried to change the landscape a little, There is a huge opposition. You will have to ask an Ibadan person to really tell you what the objection is all about.
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by Uncletony(m): 9:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
michealade:
how educated is your Dad?Answers,if your dad went to sku wich im sure he didnt e still brought a good man like you up.so will buhari lift nigeria.i dont mean to be rude

why then did my supposed dad sent me to school?!..he shud have allow an illiterate to inherit his had fought wealth. My real dad's prayer is 4 his children to be beta dan him in terms of education & learning!..he is moving forward & not relenting .j ust for the record sake.
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by UpLoyo: 9:08pm On Jan 29, 2015

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 29, 2015
SirShymex:

Got plans for the city?

I think you should burn the city down so that the people can run away for you to have enough time to construct modern apartments in its stead. cool
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
Missy89:

Those buildings are still standing for sentimental reasons. Most (if not all) ibadan elites have their family house(s) in those areas and wont consider modernizing or rehabilitating it.

The last time an outsider (militay regime) tried to change the landscape a little, There is a huge opposition. You will have to ask an Ibadan person to really tell you what the objection is all about.

Well, they need to line those selfish folks up, and give all of them a proper ar.se whooping. Or open their skulls and pump Sodium Hypochlorite in there, to rid them off that stupid mentality.

Even if they want to keep the buildings, how about modernising them, and maintenance? The whole place looks like health hazard. Only God knows how many folks have died due to the hazards associated with those roofing(s). Someone definitely needs to promulgate a law that will ensure that they do the right thing.
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by notoriousbabe: 9:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
DrPrickson:

Oh yes my "clueless" master have certificates
have?what is have?simple english you cannot write,I thought I was bantering with a fan of the clueless one,I didn't know I was chilling with the first born of mama peace. What is "my "clueless" master have?"abeg tell your master to send you back to primary school and learn the basic things in grammar tongue

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
all4naija:

I think you should burn the city down so that the people can run away for you to have enough time to construct modern apartments in its stead. cool

Nah, you can't burn a city down...folks just need to be acquainted with the health risks associated with how they live, so as to enable them do the right.

I'll like to know the life expectancy of those living in those areas, to be honest.
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by adioolayi(m): 9:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ayus34:

it's really clear that u are too young or uninformed to know more about ibadan and relate it to the regional system of govt u are clamouring for.....ibadan as a city achieved far more than ur forefathers cave when we were practising regional system if govt......let me school u base on fact,the tallest building in Africa as at then cocoa house, free education started in ibadan,first acclaimed international stadium in Nigeria, liberty stadium,first TV/radio station in Africa,etc....all these are situated in ibadan despite morning achieved from agric resources....I dare u to list major achievements in ur region even under regional govt not to now talk of the our oil nonsense u are talking about. .... my friend u ask for regional system but all I'm clamouring for is total breakage of Nigeria. ......and any step that will lead to that will be accomplished IJN!
I can laid claim to what my family benefited from non oil economy but can't say something about the useless oil that has caused more damage to the youths and country at large!
I think you quoted me wrongly... My response was for that e.diot that rained abused on Ibadan
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by notoriousbabe: 9:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
SirShymex:

Well, they need to line those selfish folks up, and give all of them a proper ar.se whooping. Or open their skulls and pump Sodium Hypochlorite in there, to rid them off that stupid mentality.

Even if they want to keep the buildings, how about modernising them, and maintenance? The whole place looks like health hazard. Only God knows how many folks have died due to the hazards associated with those roofing(s). Someone definitely needs to promulgate a law that will ensure that they do the right thing.
we are not like you. Those things you called dirty are meant to preserve our history,we are not like some bastards{hope you are not one} who do not have anything called history. Ibadan and the whole of south west have the past,the present and the future. Now shut the fok up tongue
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
notoriousbabe:
we are not like you. Those things you called dirty are meant to preserve our history,we are not like some bastards{hope you are not one} who do not have anything called history. Ibadan and the whole of south west have the past,the present and the future. Now shut the fok up tongue

Lmao. You definitely have a slick mouth on you, and I like that. grin

But hey, the truth is bitter and folks hate the truth. However, that is something you can never run from. Just take a look at those pictures on the first page, and tell me you're proud, as a Yoruba person.

There's no darn history in health hazard. The mixture of past, present, and future are exemplified all over Europe. I won't even cite popular cities, and major capitals. Just go to Venice to see what explaining history with architecture is about. No one is saying those cities have to look like Venice - but you can develop unique beauty from the old.

Anyway, that's ya prerogative...and those tacky and dirty buildings do not represent my history as a Yoruba guy.

Shalom! cool
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by sayatyadebayor(m): 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2015
raumdeuter:
This is my Oyo

Aji sebi Oyo laari, Oyo kii se bi baba enikan

Oyo Sai Buhari
alafin iku baba yeye buhari 4life
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by aa2015: 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2015
Such a Pitty, See the way the APC leaders are in open wonderful cars and there followers are like rags. It like they used the AOC broom to sweep them. Well, more pictures of Buhari's brain. from his personal doctors.

Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by maxy097(m): 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2015
The city is really ancient
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by notoriousbabe: 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2015
SirShymex:

Lmao. You definitely have a slick mouth on you, and I like that. grin

But hey, the truth is bitter and folks hate the truth. However, that is something you can never run from. Just take a look at those pictures on the first page, and tell me you're proud, as a Yoruba person.

There's no darn history in health hazard. The mixture of past, present, and future are exemplified all over Europe. I won't even cite popular cities, and major capitals. Just go to Venice to see what explaining history with architecture is about. No one is saying those cities have to look like Venice - but you can develop unique beauty from the old.

Anyway, that's ya prerogative...and those tacky and dirty buildings do not represent my history as a Yoruba guy.

Shalom! cool
I am more than proud. Its a place that we preserved for the unborn generations and if you think that is how the whole of Ibadan is,you have got another think coming. The problem with some of you guys{especially yanmirin}is that you don't travel out except to Lagos which is your small london
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
notoriousbabe:
I am more than proud. Its a place that we preserved for the unborn generations and if you think that is how the whole of Ibadan is,you have got another think coming. The problem with some of you guys{especially yanmirin}is that you don't travel out except to Lagos which is your small london

Lmao. grin

Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by eaglechild: 9:58pm On Jan 29, 2015
My goodness Ibadan looks like an abandoned maze of shanties.

What has APC been doing?

Why can't that city slum get a face lift.

I really feel sorry for the inhabitants.
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by Remii(m): 10:02pm On Jan 29, 2015
NTA is a disgrace, I watched the coverage of APC campaign at Ibadan, the journalists allow hearing of funfair but as soon as the speakers begin to campaign, the journalists will start narration blocking the speakers, smh, this is sad
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by voteajimobi2015: 10:26pm On Jan 29, 2015
sai buhari... crowd n visit to alaafin's palace
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by voteajimobi2015: 10:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
sai buhari... crowd n visit to alaafin's palace.
Re: APC Presidential Rally Oyo State (Live Pictures) by donheg(m): 10:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
*singing*
Introduction!!!
First of all go down low PDP!
You had your own, its now our town,
We guaranteed u defeat by our PVCs,
9ja have decided to vote APC,
Buhari/Prof. Please come to our rescue,
9ja dey fall, Dr. Damages dey sleep,
Borno dey cry, mothers dey wipe for their daughters they missed when Dr. Damages dey dance etigi.......
#GMB15 #teamAPC #NoToHeartlessLeaders

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dino Malaye Receives A Gift From A Female Fan, Rocks Ajekun Iya T-Shirt / Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF / ASARI DOKUBO: Take What Belongs To Me & Rule Me? No! (Must-See)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.