Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants (33096 Views)

Boko Haram Recaptures Gamboru / Hundreds Killed As Chad Forces Seize Northeast Nigerian Town - YAHOO NEWS / After Troops Recapture Mubi Town From Boko Haram, Life Returns (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by BMZK: 4:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-31038579

Chad's army has driven Boko Haram militants out of Malumfatori town in north-eastern Nigeria, a senior official from Niger has told the BBC.

The reported capture of the town, which lies near the borders of Chad and Niger, follows two days of fighting.

Both ground and air forces are reported to have been used in the assault.

Niger officials said Chadian ground forces moved into the town after crossing Lake Chad. It is not known if the operation was approved by Nigeria.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by electropiz(m): 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
Pursue, overtake n kill em all...

9 Likes

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2015
Good job. I hope Nigerian Army doesn't have to face a foreign army anytime soon. What they couldn't do for three years only took Chad army about two weeks to do.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by silverprince413(m): 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2015
As if we dont have army

meanwhile

GMB/osinbajo
for change!!!

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Sweetlemon(f): 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
sincerenigerian:
Good job. I hope Nigerian Army doesn't have to face a foreign army anytime soon. What they couldn't do for three years only took Chad army about two weeks to do.

My dear!
This this is damn scary if you really look at it. As in even Togo can challenge us right now.

We all know the Nigerian army is gallant on a normal day but their morale is at an all time low now. Plus they are not well armed.
It's really sad.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by EVarn(m): 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
@Henry120@agaugust,isnt this what i forsaw last week?,but you doubted my opinion on the matter.how are we sure that chad will relinquish control of those towns back to nigeria when the war is over?...chad has come to annex all of nigeria's oil rich northeastern territory.it would be better for our government to take decisive action now before it gets out of hand.i hope the current administration wont disappoint once again.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
EVarn:
@Henry120,isnt this what i forsaw last week?,but you doubted my opinion on the matter.how are we sure that chad will relinquish control of those towns back to nigeria when the war is over?...chad has come to annex all of nigeria's oil rich northeastern territory.it would be better for our government to take decisive action now before it gets out of hand.i hope the current administration wont disappoint once again.

Let us see how things progress. If they don't vacate the Area, we go to war with Chad, it's as simple as that.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by baybeeboi: 4:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
Well,not as if I trust any of Chad or Niger though.

3 Likes

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by lacasa: 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
It's a shame and an indictment on the so called commander-in-chief to have Chad, imagine... CHAD taking the initiative and doing what the Nigerian army has failed countless times to do.

Wow!!!... I've never felt so pitiful and ashamed to have this kind of president wallahi

God forbid, Jonathan continues after February 14th.

Tufiakwa!!!

Change must come!

Buhari to revive our pride and gallantry as Nigerians.
#Sai Buhari!

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
BMZK:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-31038579

Chad's army has driven Boko Haram militants out of Malumfatori town in north-eastern Nigeria, a senior official from Niger has told the BBC.

The reported capture of the town, which lies near the borders of Chad and Niger, follows two days of fighting.

Both ground and air forces are reported to have been used in the assault.

Niger officials said Chadian ground forces moved into the town after crossing Lake Chad. It is not known if the operation was approved by Nigeria.

BBC stupidity against Nigeria did not start today, always struggling to paint us bad simply because we no longer hold them in high esteem or always run to them for anything .

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by omenka(m): 4:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
sincerenigerian:
Much as I applaud the conquest, I must say this is a huge slap in the face of our armed forces. Whatever happened to our ever gallant khaki Boys

18 Likes

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 29, 2015
If d african union come togeda n create a force against boko haram i tink BH will b history b4 u knw it!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Litmus: 4:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
Intelligent people would pretend for at least a month. However, being Africans, the stupid people couldn't wait that long to make it look convincing. Wouldn't be surprised if Bokoharam dropped their IDE's at the sight of their brothers and waived flags of liberation in full view of remotely based see-it-all but conveniently blind BBC.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
lacasa:
It's a shame and an indictment on the so called commander-in-chief to have Chad, imagine... CHAD taking the initiative and doing what the Nigerian army has failed countless times to do.

Wow!!!... I've never felt so pitiful and ashamed to have this kind of president wallahi

Tufiakwa!!!

Change must come!

#Sai Buhari!

as daft as you are, you do not know that their is a joint operation going on in that area. mtchew . AU peace keepers will be in naija before the elections since tribal and religious sentiments will not let Nigerian Army personnel do their job, the neighboring countries have our approval for such incursions.

15 Likes

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by LRNZH(m): 4:44pm On Jan 29, 2015
Oh men.

Now we have to appeal to Chad to give back Nigeria's territory.

That's a serious matter

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Litmus: 4:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
aguiyi:

as daft as you are, you do not know that their is a joint operation going on in that area. mtchew . AU peace keepers will be in naija before the elections since tribal and religious sentiments will not let Nigerian Army personnel do their job, the neighboring countries have our approval for such incursions.

I'm afraid this will not deny our shame. It's going to damage Johnathan even if he's not responsible.

7 Likes

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by bettercreature(m): 4:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
I said it few days ago Chad has the best desert forces in the world and this further shows how clueless our government is
I still cant understand why we can not launch a full scale war with 30.000 soldiers at once

24 Likes

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by bettercreature(m): 4:49pm On Jan 29, 2015
LRNZH:
Oh men.

Now we have to appeal to Chad to give back Nigeria's territory.

That's a serious matter
Do we need it back? You want Boko haram to re-take it,this government is too weak but sadly the youth are selling their future supporting jonathan,i wonder if any of them would support jonathan if they are one of the displaced citizens

31 Likes

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Mathematical(f): 4:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
isn't it a slap on our nation,the nigerian military force and all?a county like chad giving a hand.well its hard to judge when the so called clueless president doesn't have what it got to drive out the sect..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Litmus: 4:53pm On Jan 29, 2015
For although i warned of something like this, the reality is still hard to stomach. I hope the report is merely the usual BBC anti Nigeria bias.

3 Likes

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Mathematical(f): 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
lacasa:

Tufiakwa!!!

Change must come!

#Sai Buhari!

Seconded.. you speak out truth cry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Mathematical(f): 4:56pm On Jan 29, 2015
aguiyi:

Can you read carefully of What you just wrote? Having approval for such incursion?loolz.. You're gej immediate brother.. clueless

20 Likes

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Litmus: 4:58pm On Jan 29, 2015
People dont get it. Buhari cant revive any pride once it's gone like this it's gone forever.

1 Like

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by EVarn(m): 4:59pm On Jan 29, 2015
Henry120:
Let us see how things progress. If they don't vacate the Area,we go to war with Chad,it's as simple as that.
we are likely to lose if we go to war with chad.patriotism and bragado aside,most of our military arsenal have been grounded,we dont have any supersonic combat jet that can challenge the chadian MiG-29{even without laser missiles},many of our MBTs are grounded,and the few we have are barely beating back BH in the north east,our APCs are limited and we have resorted to using hilux pickup vans to ferry our troops.
chad wouldnt have made this move if it wasnt prepared to fight nigeria,over the years they have stocked their armoury both through black market proliferations and also through legal international weapon purchase channels.they have waited over 50 years,they arent gonna take any chances.
we have 130 000 soldiers,chad has 30 000.but most of our soldiers are untrained almajiris,while chadian troops have been fighting all manner of battles for over 30 years.

10 Likes

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by coolestca(m): 4:59pm On Jan 29, 2015
ok
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by lacasa: 4:59pm On Jan 29, 2015
aguiyi:

If you were not high on the Clueless Gin, you wld have read where the writer asked if Chad had Nigeria's approval for the incursion.

Ewu!

14 Likes

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 29, 2015
Mathematical:

Can you read carefully of What you just wrote? Having approval for such incursion?loolz.. You're gej immediate brother.. clueless

mugu, boko haram insurgents have severally escaped due to non existent of such approval, it has been granted and the results are trickling in, are you not happy of the success recorded or you are more interested in who achieved it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by lacasa: 5:01pm On Jan 29, 2015
Mathematical:

U Dey mind the blind sycophant!

3 Likes

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by AustineE1: 5:02pm On Jan 29, 2015
bettercreature:
I said it few days ago Chad has the best desert forces in the world and this further shows how clueless our government it
I still cant understand why we can not launch a full scale war with 30.000 soldiers at once
you talk as if you dont know that your northern muslim brothers in the Army has been sabotaging our efforts in fighting Boko Haram and this is very hard for our army chiefs to remedy because the Buharis,Babangidas,Abachas of yester years has done a lot of damages to this great nation,by filling the army with islamists.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Mathematical(f): 5:02pm On Jan 29, 2015
bettercreature:
I said it few days ago Chad has the best desert forces in the world and this further shows how clueless our government it

We can't fight out the sects, without chopping out the inner force... We don't need 30,000 soldiers ,all we need is the right Leader who his security conscious, stable, and have mental capabilities...with that we can flush out the chaff from the wheat..
Gej lacks such capabilities..

16 Likes

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by lacasa: 5:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
Mathematical:

Seconded.. you speak out truth cry

Tnx jor
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Mathematical(f): 5:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
aguiyi:

mugu, boko haram insurgents have severally escaped due to non existent of such approval, it has been granted and the results are trickling in, are you not happy of the success recorded or you are more interested in who achieved it.

You're clueless.. move on.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Leaders Visit Senator Orji Uzor Kalu  (Pictures) / Aisha Buhari Endorses Bola Tinubu For President / Solidarity Walk For Tinubu Ibadan. Photos And Video.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.