Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

National Teachers Institute 45,000 Naira Electronic Device Fee. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Teachers Institute 45,000 Naira Electronic Device Fee. (6422 Views)

National Teachers Institute, Kaduna Application Form 2015/2016 Is Out On Sale / Nigeria Teachers Institute 2015 Admission Form / National teachers institute NTI Pgde 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Teachers Institute 45,000 Naira Electronic Device Fee. by GracefulGrace: 6:09pm On Jan 29, 2015
Recently the National Teachers Institute Included a compulsory 45,000 Naira in their fees for some programmes. The said amount is supposed to pay for a computer tablet.
The forms for this programme started selling last year and there was no mention of this computer tablet fees then. Secondly I think it is wrong to think that prospective students don't own computer devices and thus impose one on them.
Thirdly can the brand and specification of this tablet be revealed to the students and why must the tablets be purchased from NTI at such a price.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Teachers Institute 45,000 Naira Electronic Device Fee. by jonazter(m): 7:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
I ALSO APPLIED FOR A PGDE WITH NTI, THE SOKOTO STATE BRANCH, ON GETTING TO THEIR HEAD OFFICE TO MAKE SOME ENQUIRIES BEFORE PROCEDING TO PAY THE SCHOOL FEES OF 25,500K, I WAS NOTIFIED OF THE LATEST DEVELOPMENT. AS FOR NOW I DOUBT IF WILL STILL DO THE PROGRAMME. VERY SAD BUT THERES NOTHING I CAN DO

1 Like

Re: National Teachers Institute 45,000 Naira Electronic Device Fee. by SeunCradle: 10:58pm On Jan 30, 2015
H undecidede kissre in Lagos, they told us to pay for the 1st semester & come with all the tellers and print out. They said admission wont be processed without the payment..The tablet scam was never mentioned.
I paid the 1st semester & tried to proceed with the registration only for me to log on now and saw the computer tablet fee. The DG ne undecided undecided undecided[sup][/sup] kisseds to be questioned and we can't just fold our arms while they use us to get richer.

Its insane for them to make such imposition..hiding under the guise of making teachers' IT savvy.
#OccupyNTI

Re: National Teachers Institute 45,000 Naira Electronic Device Fee. by SeunCradle: 11:15pm On Jan 30, 2015
We need to collectively tackle this scam. Seriously! Its annoying to think you can rip people off without being questioned.

The brand of tab is even unknown. I own other gadgets already and it was a foot-in-the-door tactics for most of us in Lagos because it was NEVER expressly stated.

We can't keep quiet o!
Aminu Ladan Sharehu of NTI needs to be called out.
#OccupyNTI

1 Like

Re: National Teachers Institute 45,000 Naira Electronic Device Fee. by dmajor1(m): 12:15pm On Feb 12, 2015
SeunCradle:
H undecidede kissre in Lagos, they told us to pay for the 1st semester & come with all the tellers and print out. They said admission wont be processed without the payment..The tablet scam was never mentioned.
I paid the 1st semester & tried to proceed with the registration only for me to log on now and saw the computer tablet fee. The DG ne undecided undecided undecided[sup][/sup] kisseds to be questioned and we can't just fold our arms while they use us to get richer.

Its insane for them to make such imposition..hiding under the guise of making teachers' IT savvy.
#OccupyNTI

This is not only scandalous, it's a sham. Corrupt officers now have field day at the expense of poor people. Please guys, I need detailed information about nti study centers in Lagos.
Re: National Teachers Institute 45,000 Naira Electronic Device Fee. by texybaby(f): 7:13am On Feb 25, 2015
I was also devasted to hear that when I got ro the I office....for Gods sake I have 2laptops n wat will I do with a tab again...c whahala...I was frustrated I don't even know if I shd proceed or not...this tab tin shd b for their B.ed not pg..we r definitely graduates abiiii...this is frustrating truly
Re: National Teachers Institute 45,000 Naira Electronic Device Fee. by Dokimazo(f): 2:38am On Mar 04, 2015
I am faced with the same thing. And also feel this is wrong and illegal since it was not indicated on the admission letter. I hope by the time they discover this development is affecting deir in-take, they will have no option but to take it out. But mean while, I feel somthing can be done to call their attention

1 Like

Re: National Teachers Institute 45,000 Naira Electronic Device Fee. by bisisho(f): 7:21am On Dec 10, 2015
Dokimazo:
I am faced with the same thing. And also feel this is wrong and illegal since it was not indicated on the admission letter. I hope by the time they discover this development is affecting deir in-take, they will have no option but to take it out. But mean while, I feel somthing can be done to call their attention

Hi, was anything done regarding this tablet issue?
Re: National Teachers Institute 45,000 Naira Electronic Device Fee. by texybaby(f): 12:22am On Jan 16, 2016
Is this session form currently on sale?
Re: National Teachers Institute 45,000 Naira Electronic Device Fee. by BBgold: 6:41am On Feb 05, 2016
yes d form is on sale.lectures starts soon.

(1) (Reply)

Never Write An Application Letter Like This / The Easiest And The Best University To Study Medicine In Nigeria (modified) / Oau Direct Entry Admission List Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.