Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Christianity's Crisis Deepens As Ethnic Danes Convert To Islam In Their Thousand - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Christianity's Crisis Deepens As Ethnic Danes Convert To Islam In Their Thousand (762 Views)

Three American Lecturers In Atiku's University Convert To Islam In Adamawa. PICS / 2 Christian Ladies From Imo Convert To Islam (Photos) / Three Brothers Convert To Islam In Imo State. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christianity's Crisis Deepens As Ethnic Danes Convert To Islam In Their Thousand by akanke79: 6:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
Christianity's crisis deepens as ethnic Danes convert to Islam in their thousands
[img]http://cphpost.dk/image/crop/339742/673/450.jpg[/img]
Between 5,000 to 6,000 Danes have already converted to Islam and more are joining (photo: Colourbox)
Justling for column space with a story about another Danish priest who doesn't believe in the resurrection of Jesus is a report about how more ethnic Danes than ever are converting to Islam.

In spite of the negative image in the media, Muslim organisations and mosques report growing numbers of Danes becoming interested in their religion.

"This year's attendance figures have been high, presenting a huge increase, just as we saw during the Jyllands-Posten crisis," Imran Shah, a spokesman for the Islamic Society, told Metroxpress.

Need to believe in something
Danes often decide to convert to Islam because their partner is a Muslim or because they live near a Muslim community and become interested in the religion.

"I grew up in a disrupted family with a father who is a drug addict. There were times when I needed to believe in something," Malene Dahl, a 19-year-old from Kolding, explained to Metroxpress.

"I chose Islam because I had Muslim friends, so they probably influenced me a little. I have been a Muslim for eight months now."

Some people visit a mosque out of curiosity and slowly build relationships with local Muslims as they feel inspired by their religious views.

"Due to the negative focus of Islam as a religion, many Danes are interested to know what Muslims themselves think about the current discussion. When they engage in a dialogue they don't experience an 'uhh' moment, they experience an 'aha' moment," Imran Shah noted.

5,000 Danes already converted
Although there are no official figures on how many ethnic Danes have converted to Islam so far, Muslim organisations estimate that about 500 people per year have chosen the religion in recent years.

"The number sounds realistic," Brian Arly Jacobsen from the Institute of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies commented.

"It is probable there are between 5,000 to 6,000 Danish converts, and that more and more wish to convert to Islam."

Danish priests don't believe in resurrection
Meanwhile, Ulla Charlotte Hansen, a priest from Funen, has said she has a hard time believing God created the world in six days or that Jesus came back from the dead.

"If I had to explain how the world was created, I would say scientists have a Big Bang theory," Hansen told Fyens Stiftstidende newspaper.

The debate about how the Bible should be interpreted flared up after a Copenhagen priest, Per Ramsdal, admitted he did not believe Jesus rose from his grave.

After an official meeting with his bishop, however, Ramsdal apologised for his statements.

The bishop of the Funen diocese, Tine Lindhardt, has recently sent a letter to all priests and parish councils on Funen encouraging them to openly debate what the resurrection means.

http://cphpost.dk/news/christianitys-crisis-deepens-as-ethnic-danes-convert-to-islam-in-their-thousands.12419.html

1 Like

Re: Christianity's Crisis Deepens As Ethnic Danes Convert To Islam In Their Thousand by Empiree: 6:03am On Jan 30, 2015
Alhamdulilah
Re: Christianity's Crisis Deepens As Ethnic Danes Convert To Islam In Their Thousand by RAO1(m): 6:43am On Jan 31, 2015
congratulations to them

(1) (Reply)

Distribution Of The ' Book Of Deeds ' . / What Is The True Meaning Of Shirk And What Are Its Types? / I Want To Enjoin My Fellow Brothers And Sisters In Islam To Wake Up From Our Slumber By Stepin Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.