Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Awaking The Compatriot In You - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awaking The Compatriot In You (619 Views)

Arise Oh Compatriot. Happy Democracy Day! / Arise O Compatriot Nigeria Has Fallen / I'm A Patriot Willing My Country The Best, You A Compatriot Too! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awaking The Compatriot In You by columbushenry(m): 11:10pm On Jan 29, 2015
Nigeria, the country of the largest black race, the giant of Africa(as we are called), I hail thee,
I just hope we are right this time around on the type of change we really want. Some four years back it was "goodluck" we were clamouring that we forgot the credibility of the new acclaimed 'change' and messiah we now found in the "Buhari" that we did not see in the previous elections he contested for, i am sure many of the populace knows quite well all his testimonies and 'good' record he has kept in the military and many more, but yet we remain silent on him because we were so blinded by the chant 'goodluck' which will bring us many luck to the stage that my neighbour nick named me 'GOODLUCK'. Are you sure we are not in the same situation again 4 years after we all voted 'goodluck' into power because he's from the power party?, now its 'CHANGE' we clamour for, because the so much trusted 'goodluck' no longer meet up with out expectation. Can we take a moment and look at those behind this 'change' if they are really changed persons as many defection is into play or better still what has change in them(party or person). Have we ever considered the other political parties who really don't have the financial buoyancy to make the catchy campaigns like that of the 'change' movement and 'forward Nigeria' being showed everywhere, to see and know who their candidates are? I don't want us to always follow the crowd at all times they have not always helped us, The Christians, we remember in their bible what this multitude did then, see what they made Saul(that he couldn't wait for the priest to make sacrifice before going to war and at such the Kingship was taken from him and was rejected by God just because he wanted to please the people, he lost his kingship), in likewise manner was another leader Moses(the people of Isreal made Moses strike the rod with anger thereby incurring the wrath of God and was killed for that), Same with his second in command, Aron(this same crowd made him cast a golden calf as god which was against the law given to them by God). I wouldn't want to relate to other stories from the Bible but I am also sure the holy Quran will also have more stories of how the crowd misled some certain persons in going against the will and plan of God for them. Let's be careful of the ways of this multitude and vote for persons and not party like i hear of someone saying, "even if Buhari presents a nepa bill as certificate, i will vote for him" it was so painful to me that in our quest for change we limit our selves to 2 options whereas there are other credible candidate too, who has proven record but we can not see them due to the fact that we are unaware of their existence and their party is not financially powerful. Let's be wise this time around, BEWARE OF THE WAYS OF THE MULTITUDE.
I am not campaigning for any political party neither am I against any, I am just a voice to be considered, though I might not have the best writing skills n styles in place, just read this and pass to others who u think might be helped by this. We need change but not that imposed on us by some certain group that we so much trusted is the best, research for the best candidate yourself.
Here are the list of all presidential aspirant 2015 in no particular order:
Hope Democratic Party(HDP) Ambrose Albert
United Progressive Party(UPP) Chekwas Okorie
Allied Congress Party of Nigeria (ACPN) Ganiyu Galadima
United DemocraticParty(UDP) Godson Okoye
All ProgressivesGrand Alliance(APGA)Goodluck Jonathan
Labour Party (LP) Goodluck Jonathan
Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) Goodluck Jonathan
National Conscience Party(NCP)Martin Onovo
All Progressives Congress (APC) Muhammadu Buhari
AfricanDemocraticCongress (ADC) Nani Ibrahim Ahmad

Only a fool will repeat the same erroroneous process the same way and expects a different result. Take the pain to research this people very well to be sure they deserve your vote, If truly you want to see change then change the process itself(a big party telling us they have the best candidate for us and we follow them)

Wise up Nigeria!. Arise! O' compatriots!!!
And let your vote count!!! Henry Columbus
Re: Awaking The Compatriot In You by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
A clarion call indeed.
Re: Awaking The Compatriot In You by ChikezieU(m): 11:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ur voice is not just considered but appreciated by me, well done.

1 Like

Re: Awaking The Compatriot In You by columbushenry(m): 8:18am On Jan 30, 2015
ChikezieU:
Ur voice is not just considered but appreciated by me, well done.

Thanks bro
Re: Awaking The Compatriot In You by columbushenry(m): 8:19am On Jan 30, 2015
afolag:
A clarion call indeed.

we need to be awaken brother

(1) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Disgraces President Goodluck Jonathan With Another Online Poll / Philanthropist Okoya-thomas Dies At 80 / Election Postponement Plot Thickens As 16 Minor Political Parties Endorse Shift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.