Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,331 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Court: No Troops For Elections - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court: No Troops For Elections (22279 Views)

Nigeria Raises Troops For Gambia, Ready To Remove Yahya Jammeh - Premiumtimesng / US Resumes Training Of Nigerian Troops For Anti-terror War / Wike's Victory At Supreme Court: No Victory Yet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by rozayx5(m): 2:32pm On Jan 30, 2015
shocked

i pity corpers in the north after elections embarassed embarassed

a cousin had to live in the bush for 2 days during the last violence, i hope it wont happen again this time
Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by castrokins(m): 2:32pm On Jan 30, 2015
Sad. We Need As Much Security As We Can Get During The Elections.
Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by mathskill: 2:33pm On Jan 30, 2015
tit:
Zokers.
So all the soldiers deployed in armed robbery squad and counter-insurgency operations should be withdrawn?
Is this a sharia court judge?
cant u read and comprehend? Cant you think within the context of the subject matter and absorb the content of the message?which school did u attend?
Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by nzeadachie: 2:33pm On Jan 30, 2015
WHICH COURT? THE LOCAL COURT IN SOKOTO RIGHT?
Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 30, 2015
This is a horrid decision.

They should absolutely deploy the military at strategic location around major cities to immediately quell any whip of violence with total and extreme prejudice.

1 Like

Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by callmenow: 2:34pm On Jan 30, 2015
Soldiers will be required. Our police is not enough. It is the presidents call to decide whether soldiers are required. That is why he is the president. If soldiers will guarantee 'no rigging' in sokoto, then I will support it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by eagleeye2: 2:34pm On Jan 30, 2015
I won't be surprised if this Aboki Judge is a product of Quota system.
So we should withdraw soldiers so that "dogs and baboons will be soaked in blood" after Buhari loses the election.
Kai Buhari

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by Onozboy(m): 2:35pm On Jan 30, 2015
Gej

2 Likes

Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by remmyton(f): 2:35pm On Jan 30, 2015
We can't trust †ђε police to ensure a violence free election.

May God protect all †ђε youth corpers

1 Like

Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by jmaine: 2:36pm On Jan 30, 2015
The carnage that will ensue will be unprecedented . . .Only the presence of armed soldiers will act as deterrence to ediots seeking to foment trouble in FailBuhari 14 and 28th . . . . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by nzeadachie: 2:37pm On Jan 30, 2015
berem:
Bad news for Jonathan and PDP!

No rigging this time around. Chai!

grin
SO YOU'RE LISTENING TO A LOCAL JUDGE WITHOUT SURNAME? ASK HIM IF HE EVER BEEN TO ABUJA

1 Like

Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by PointB: 2:38pm On Jan 30, 2015
It's all depends on how government choose to implement troop deployment.

Troops don't need to be deployed for election, but they can be deployed due to 'unspecified and classified' intelligence report on potential terrorist operation. That it coincided with election date is simply coincidental! wink

5 Likes

Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by samsard(m): 2:41pm On Jan 30, 2015
tit:

Police and soldiers are the touts and tugs of the government.
You've never really been at an election hot zone have you? touts are 'armed civilians'. And come to think of it, are soldiers and police men meant to be under the opposition or someone else other than the government just to please you mtchewww
Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by watchindelta(m): 2:41pm On Jan 30, 2015
even with police n army all dis yeye politicians thug dey yeye with ppl, but that day me dey my crib dey sock garri n big ice fish grin grin grin
Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by Huffington: 2:44pm On Jan 30, 2015
Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by iyobs7(f): 2:44pm On Jan 30, 2015
If APC jubilate over this news, then they are the clueless ones... Or what do they think or what are they thinking? Oh that a soldier man will order them to vote PDP abi?!

Kai I laugh...

I lost someone during the last election because of hoodlums...

4 Likes

Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by Frankiss44(m): 2:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
Drunk judge... What protection can our dead and corrupt police force offer? It's even easier to rig without army.. Anybody intimidated by the sight of army has an ulterior motive... Were the Army not present when PDP lost Edo, Osun and Anambra elections?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by ogene007: 2:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
The people who thrive on intimidating voters with the threat of violence are the same people who are running to a kangaroo court to get a ruling against the adequate provision of security to protect lives and property. GEJ will obviously not be taking that ruling seriously because he remains the Chief Security Officer of the country and would not want to be accused of not protecting lives and property during the elections. The ruling is just an exercise in futility because the military will definitely be involved in providing security for the elections. It is important for the elections to be violence free, and it the deployment of the military will help us achieve this, then it is only a silly person that would kick against it. GEJ till 2019.

5 Likes

Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 30, 2015
eagleeye2:
I won't be surprised if this Aboki Judge is a product of Quota system.
So we should withdraw soldiers so that "dogs and baboons will be soaked in blood" after Buhari loses the election.
Kai Buhari

Well...the constitution does not specifically allow for the deployment of soldiers during election times. The Police is the only constitutionally empowered organization that can do such.

You may call the judge names....but sadly he is right. That is where your National Assembly comes in.....by enacting laws that would make the role of the army during elections clear.

You should also get your local representative to argue for increased funding for the police....and better training.
Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by Now: 2:52pm On Jan 30, 2015
Well said but note that our Politician only fear Soldiers and the lives of the NYSC Corpers will be at great risk.
Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by ahbey(m): 2:53pm On Jan 30, 2015
raumdeuter:
Well said judge

Election is a job for the police and Civil defence,

Soldiers should face Sambisa and flush out Boko Haram
let soldier be everywia....even let one soldier be in ds guy room with AK47 facing him....cos I know trust do GEJ too...
Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
callmenow:
Soldiers will be required. Our police is not enough. It is the presidents call to decide whether soldiers are required. That is why he is the president. If soldiers will guarantee 'no rigging' in sokoto, then I will support it.

Well...the Army has not been able to guarantee rig free election over the years.

Plus....the real elephant in the room is the Police....the neglected stepchild of various administrations,including this one.
Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by tit(f): 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2015
samsard:
You've never really been at an election hot zone have you? touts are 'armed civilians'. And come to think of it, are soldiers and police men meant to be under the opposition or someone else other than the government just to please you mtchewww

you must be high on kunu.

[s]just think about what i write: soldiers and police are the thugs and touts of the government.
If the government want to drive you out of your house, who do they send?
what did the tyrant oshiomole use to drive uniben vc out of his house?
police?
are you are, police are the
[/s]
Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by samsard(m): 3:01pm On Jan 30, 2015
tit:

you must be high on kunu.

[s]just think about what i write: soldiers and police are the thugs and touts of the government.
If the government want to drive you out of your house, who do they send?
what did the tyrant oshiomole use to drive uniben vc out of his house?
police?
are you are, police are the
[/s]
grin
Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by waternogeteneny: 3:04pm On Jan 30, 2015
[size=18pt]Dont bother yourself with dat Abo.ki. The court cannot tell the Executive how to carry out its functions.

The President is the c in c and will decide on matters relating to exercise of its power at the appropriate time.[/size]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by notoriousbabe: 3:07pm On Jan 30, 2015
koboko69:

Are you sure u dont have noodles in your head rather than grey matter? or do u actually think with your moniker and not ur what it is ur head?

Very good development. I hope Jonathan will obey the rule of law cos he has always been known as a civilian dictator.
I don't see him obeying the court ruling,that man wants to come back by all means
Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by blackgig(m): 3:10pm On Jan 30, 2015
chukwudi44:
Boko haram judge. Whether they like it or not troops will litter the whole of Lagos, Kano,PH,kadunna etc

Say no to rigging, violence and killing of Corp members. A sokoto high court does not have jurisdiction outside sokoto. It is only an Abuja high court that can issue such orders

A Federal high court does not have jurisdiction? Are u smoking?

1 Like

Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by kenex4ever(m): 3:13pm On Jan 30, 2015
koboko69:

Are you sure u dont have noodles in your head rather than grey matter? or do u actually think with your moniker and not ur what it is ur head?

Very good development. I hope Jonathan will obey the rule of law cos he has always been known as a civilian dictator.
Nonsense!
U apc guys dnt want soldiers so dat u can send ur touts to steal ballot boxes on election day.
*Say no to one sharia law court in sokoto

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by tolexy007(m): 3:14pm On Jan 30, 2015
all corp members in d north, i tink dis is a signal for u, u better run for ur life and leave thier election for dem to condunt..
i wonder if civil defence can withstand all dis wicked and blood sucking Almajiris.....u cant predict abokis

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by franksam2009: 3:14pm On Jan 30, 2015
APC in action ooo, am advising southerners to leave the north if they won't deploy soldiers, me dey leave sharp sharp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court: No Troops For Elections by Amacaco: 3:15pm On Jan 30, 2015
I think this is a good development. All the soldiers in Borno, Adamawa, Nassarawa and other insurgency and Bomb prone areas should be withdrawn during the elections and redeployed after the elections provided no one blames the President for whatever happens. Anger should be directed at the Judge who gave the Judgement.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Anambra Economy Will Surpass Lagos - Melie Onyejepu / APC Crisis: Twist As Tinubu, Fayemi Resolve Your Work Together / Terrorists Invasion: Buhari Told To Remove El-Rufai, Declare State Of Emergency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.