Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,579 members, 7,816,428 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. (1936 Views)

Concerns, Fears Over Buhari’s Health Condition In Katsina / Heavy Security, Violence As Dignitaries Arrive For Akeredolu's Inauguration / CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by CHM11: 10:25am On Jan 30, 2015
The All Progressives Congress Presidential Campaign Organisation has raised the alarm over an alleged plot by the Peoples Democratic Party and the President
Jonathan-led government, to scuttle the 2015 general elections.
This was contained in a statement signed by the Director,
Media and Publicity of the campaign, Mallam Garba Shehu,
in Abuja, on Thursday.
Shehu disclosed that the APC had it on good authority that
the kernel of the plan was to use the subterfuge of the
frivolous litigation by some people to get a court
pronouncement to disqualify the APC candidate, Maj. Gen.
Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).
According to him, the PDP was seeking to build a case to the
effect that Buhari lied under oath in saying that the military
had his certificate, whereas the military had denied being in
possession of the document.
Shehu revealed that the counter-arguments by the APC’s
candidate’s counsel would not matter because a particular
Federal High judge had been prepared to do the hatchet job.
The APC noted that it was the PDP’s calculation that this
wicked pronouncement of disqualification of the APC
candidate would precipitate spontaneous violent protests
across the country.

Shehu said this scenario would then make President
Goodluck Jonathan, the PDP candidate in the 2015 general
election, to declare a six-month state of emergency across
the land.

He alleged that the three-week long strike by the Judiciary
Staff Union of Nigeria was embarked upon on the prodding
of the PDP-led Federal Government as a way to stymie any
higher court from upturning the lower court pronouncement
which ruled on President Jonathan’s eligibility to contest the
February 14 election.

Similarly, the APC campaign organisation said the same
trade union had been encouraged to open the court to allow
for this court pronouncement in disqualifying Buhari from
contesting the election.
The APC campaign organisation said, “We are aware of the
intense desperation of the PDP-led Federal Government of
Dr. Goodluck Jonathan in desiring to retain political power at
all costs despite his and his party’s overwhelming rejection
by the Nigerian people, ahead of the 2015 general elections.
“We have brought this wicked plot of the PDP-led
government to the attention of Nigerians, from whom any
government derives its legitimacy. Nigeria cannot be thrown
into chaos because of the selfish and callous desire of a tiny
cabal to goad the Nigerian people into its destructive path.
“The governance of the Nigerian people by any person or
group of persons must have the assent of the Nigerian
people.”
The APC campaign organisation called on the international
community to prevail on this obviously agitated Presidency
not to plunge the Nigerian state into avoidable and
intractable crisis.

But in response, the PDP Presidential Campaign
Organisation slammed the APC for allegedly whipping up
sentiments and inciting violence ahead of the scheduled
February 14 and 28 general elections.
The Director of Media and Publicity of the PDPPCO, Chief
Femi Fani-Kayode, said this in a statement in Abuja on
Thursday.

He also alleged that the APC’s penchant for propaganda and
threat of violence was mind-boggling.
Fani-Kayode said there was no iota of truth in the claims by
the opposition that the PDP and the Presidency were
planning to impose a state of emergency and postpone the
elections.
He said, “We are not, at all, surprised about the false alarm
raised by the APC that the PDP-controlled Federal
Government is planning to declare a six-month state of
emergency across the land. It is characteristic of the
opposition to make spurious allegations in the build-up to
the scheduled February general elections.
“The APC’s penchant for propaganda and threat of violence
is mind-boggling. The narrative weaved together by the
opposition party is disingenuous and it shows how
desperate it has become in its impossible bid to dislodge the
PDP-controlled Federal Government.
“It is clear that the APC now knows full well that a crushing
defeat awaits it at the February 14 presidential election;
otherwise why would it embark on this flight of illusion
about a purported plot by the PDP to precipitate violence
prelude to the declaration of a state of emergency?
“We state categorically that the PDP is ready for the February
14 presidential election and all subsequent elections; and is
therefore not a party to any imagined ploy to postpone or
cancel the election.”

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/presidency-pdp-plotting-to-scuttle-polls-apc/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by simplemach(m): 10:27am On Jan 30, 2015
APC already is synanimous to violence.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 30, 2015
Bring certificate, you said"go to court" now they have gone to court and you are still whining.!!!! What sort of terrorist party is this?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 30, 2015
nobody has the monopoly of violence .

just get ready to die in quantum

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 30, 2015
Let the court pronoucement come first. Rule of law must be adhered to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by eightsin(m): 10:38am On Jan 30, 2015
He has said PDP should go to court, so what is now with this jagbajantis?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by elantraceey(f): 10:39am On Jan 30, 2015
Funny set of people undecided

I thought you guys have been screaming go to court now that they have why are you afraid?

Let the court pronouncement come first though i'm not suprised at this because i know APC is synonymous to violence.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 30, 2015
It is astonishing to find that the same former slaves, now free of their chains, should clamour to be ruled by one who not only turned their nation into a slave plantation, but forbade them any discussion of their condition

Same on Buhari supports

1 Like

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by OLADD: 10:41am On Jan 30, 2015
chukwudi44:
Bring certificate, you said"go to court" now they have gone to court and you are still whining.!!!! What sort of terrorist party is this?

I tell you my man, I don tire. Honestly, these APC people are disgusting. Which kind party be this?

2 Likes

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by Dreambeat: 10:49am On Jan 30, 2015
They asked PDP to go to court,PDP has gone to court yet they are complaining.What do they want?

1 Like

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 30, 2015
Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 30, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
The biggest mistake d opposition made was calling Jonathan a clueless man.

See as they r crying yet he has not started flogging them. cheesy

No matter how wise and smart u seem to be,never ever undermine ur fellow man especially one who holds d reign.

2 Likes

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by harrysterol(m): 11:09am On Jan 30, 2015
why them the fear na?

1 Like

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by lagdmark(m): 11:11am On Jan 30, 2015
APC= TERROR And AGGRESSION
Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 30, 2015
I see the illiterate 'General' getting disqualified by the courts. The mallams should have known by now that no one has a monopoly over violence

1 Like

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by DevilishKiller: 11:12am On Jan 30, 2015
And this is the man barcanista and co are supporting

It's a shame

Buhari refused to debate
Buhari threatens violence

Chai so ado for General terrorist Buhari

Gej is already having upper hand

4 Likes

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by baybeeboi: 11:27am On Jan 30, 2015
APC are not just bunch of Aggrived Criminals but confused and Pathetic as well.
Thought they said ''go to court''
well,I'd rather be a partial Idiot than be a complete fool supporting APC
Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by clevvermind(m): 11:38am On Jan 30, 2015
simplemach:
APC already is synanimous to violence.
violence is their name.

1 Like

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by clevvermind(m): 11:40am On Jan 30, 2015
chukwudi44:
I see the illiterate 'General' getting disqualified by the courts. The mallams should have known by now that no one has a monopoly over violence
correct.

1 Like

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by emalek86(m): 11:47am On Jan 30, 2015
A plane was about to crash and there were only
four parachutes in the plane. Meanwhile there
were five people in it. The first person was
Cristiano Ronaldo and he said: I'm the best
footballer, I cant die now". So he took one
parachute and left. The second who was Aliko
Dangote said "I'm the richest man in Africa and
I'm too young to die". So he took the second
parachute and left. The third was Gen Buhari and
he said: " I'm the smartest in the world so I can't
die now, my people still need me". So he took
one and left. Then it was left with Pope Francis
and a little school girl. The Pope said to the little
girl " take the last one, I'll sacrifice my life for
you". The little girl replied no need for that
"there are two parachutes left. The Pope asked
her: "how come?" The little girl replied: "Buhari
took my school bag" thinking it was a parachute.

4 Likes

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by Djicemob: 11:54am On Jan 30, 2015
APC dont wanna change anything,they want to win an election.
Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by michelz: 11:55am On Jan 30, 2015
This so so disgusting. How could someone vomit this kind of poo from his mouth??!! What kind of reverse reasoning is this?? And moreover,coming from people who were shouting ''go to court!'' like touts.

1 Like

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2015
Shehu Garba should relax abeg. I support PDP going to court, I believe the court will rule on Buhari's favour. However, let the law have its way. The "so-called" FHC Judge can't prevent #TeamBuhari from appealing unfavorable judgement. The Military will be joined in the suit, they will explain what happened to the credentials of General Buhari during the IBB regime. They will tell us where they kept it. Whether it is in their record or not is irrelevant here, the Army will explain lots of things to the Judge.

1 Like

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by ngoziiwenofu1: 12:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
APC is synonymous to violence.
PDP is sure to win so there is no cause for alarm.
Vote wisely
Vote GEJ

1 Like

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by major466(m): 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
emalek86:
A plane was about to crash and there were only
four parachutes in the plane. Meanwhile there
were five people in it. The first person was
Cristiano Ronaldo and he said: I'm the best
footballer, I cant die now". So he took one
parachute and left. The second who was Aliko
Dangote said "I'm the richest man in Africa and
I'm too young to die". So he took the second
parachute and left. The third was Gen Buhari and
he said: " I'm the smartest in the world so I can't
die now, my people still need me". So he took
one and left. Then it was left with Pope Francis
and a little school girl. The Pope said to the little
girl " take the last one, I'll sacrifice my life for
you". The little girl replied no need for that
"there are two parachutes left. The Pope asked
her: "how come?" The little girl replied: "Buhari
took my school bag" thinking it was a parachute.
grin grin grin grin
Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by meforyou1(m): 12:52pm On Jan 30, 2015
Janjaweedeans
Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by CHM11: 12:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
barcanista:
Shehu Garba should relax abeg. I support PDP going to court, I believe the court will rule on Buhari's favour. However, let the law have its way. The "so-called" FHC Judge can't prevent #TeamBuhari from appealing unfavorable judgement. The Military will be joined in the suit, they will explain what happened to the credentials of General Buhari during the IBB regime. They will tell us where they kept it. Whether it is in their record or not is irrelevant here, the Army will explain lots of things to the Judge.
The best character of any boss, good manager, or aspiring professional is the ability to compromise when faced with clear facts and superior arguments.
I respect your stand as regards holding firm to what you believe. This may have been fueled by your hate for the corruption that exist in the PDP.

Understandably, I shared your sentiments when the parties merged to for APC. I was hoping true change will come and the party will present candidates that are known to represent change, people in the likes of Fashola, Oshiomole, Rochas and many other young minds in the APC. I also thought God had touched the minds of Tinubu and Buhari so they would be king makers to effect true change in Nigeria.

All these viewpoints of mine got thrown in the shredder immediately Buhari declared that he will be running at his age and considering all that has been happening in the country as regards insurgency and all other atrocities from the North that are discrediting the current government (not saying Gej is good, cos I believe if Buhari and the north fueled the insurgents, if Gej was good enough, he will clear their doubts). This said, I cannot stand behind a man like buhari who wants power by all means to the extent of forming a merger so as to be the candidate of the party.

I feel if he is the man many think him to be, he would have made the APC to field a more likable, modern, passionate and excellently performing person (my guess a Fashola). The APC now did one useless drama they called primaries. Who did Buhari contest against in the Primary
Atiku-who just moved to the APC for the PDP stood no chance.
Rochas- who knows he will pick the governorship ticket of his state after having his inlaw hold on to the ticket till after the APC primaries.
The other guy is even unknown.

Not forgetting the fact that the presidential ticket had been Zoned to the Muslim North I.e Buhari right before any primary.

The PDP is bad, but the APC is no better. As for me, I vote the man, not the party.

Gej is not a good choice but Buhari is not an option at all.....The man wants power for his own selfish reason and it will be very dangerous to give him that.

6 Likes

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by Iykopee(m): 12:56pm On Jan 30, 2015
APC bunch of greedy evil men seeking for relevance.

1 Like

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by steppin: 12:59pm On Jan 30, 2015
APshit and their insatiable need to having their way.
When they win in elections, they praise INEC, when they lose, they cry foul.
If GEJ's certificate was questionable, they would have called for his resignation or disqualified him.
But since it's the "almighty Buhari", he's too big to be questioned.
Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by CHM11: 1:14pm On Jan 30, 2015
steppin:
APshit and their insatiable need to having their way.
When they win in elections, they praise INEC, when they lose, they cry foul.
If GEJ's certificate was questionable, they would have called for his resignation or disqualified him.
But since it's the "almighty Buhari", he's too big to be questioned.
Very true.
I still can't see any APC member that will answer this question sincerely: In terms of qualities for a presidential candidate, is GMB better than Fashola, Rochas and Oshiomole? So why is Buhari wanting this power soooooo much since he can still achieve Change if these people were fielded??..is it because Buhari is a Northerner and he is born to rule

Sir Ahmadu Bello in an interview with a BBC reporter in the 1960s once said and I quote:

"The Northerners comes first in every decision as far as Nigeria is concerned, in terms of Jobs, appointments, political offices and Educational admissions into Federal Institutions. If we cannot get a Northerner, then we take a Foreigner like yourself on contract (referring to the BBC reporter), if we cannot get a foreigner, then we take another Nigerian, but on contract too. This will be a permanent arrangement as far as I can foresee because it will be rather dangerous to have Northerners finishing school and not getting the jobs they want, it could lead to crisis, bloodshed and even death of many people"

For those who are wise enough, we will know from this that the whole bokoharam and Northern born to rule syndrome didn't start in Yaradua's time as many think...its been existing even before independence and the Northern leaders know this for a fact. Only problem now is because Bokoharam has international recognition and as a result they now have increased funding both locally and internationally. Every Northern politician is a suspect.

2 Likes

Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by ERODEDEAST(f): 1:41pm On Jan 30, 2015
[size=16pt]JAN.JAWEEDS AT IT AGAIN VERY FUNNY PARTY HEADED BY ILLITERATE WITH DRAINED BRAIN. SOMEONE WILL SOON BE ENTERNALLY DISGRACED STILL WATCHING VERY CLOSELY. [/size] grin
Re: APC Threatens Violence As PDP Plans To Go To Court Over Buhari's Certificate. by olumuyiolaoluwa: 1:45pm On Jan 30, 2015
Why will he be disqualified tot he has his WASC grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Characteristics Of A Typical GEJ And GMB Supporter, Based On Facts / Who Will Deliver Japheth J Omojuwa? / I Wasn’t Interested In Politics –jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.