Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

The Real Purpose Y God Gave Israelites Laws For A Time - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Real Purpose Y God Gave Israelites Laws For A Time (541 Views)

The Ancient Israelites Were BANTUS - Video & Textual Evidence / The Real Name Of GOD. Bantus Of Africa Are The Israelites. / How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Real Purpose Y God Gave Israelites Laws For A Time by sidespin: 1:33pm On Jan 30, 2015
PURPOSE OF THE LAW

BEFORE FAITH CAME, WE WERE KEPT UNDER D LAW, shut up unto d faith which should afterwards be revealed. Gal3:23

Galatians 3:24 - Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster [TO BRING US] unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

For until d law sin was in d world: BUT SIN IS NOT IMPUTED (credited, counted) when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam 2 Moses, even over them that had not sinned after d similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is d figure of Him that was 2come. Rm5:13-14

Moreover d LAW entered, that d OFFENCE might ABOUND. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: that as sin had reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord. Rm5:20-21

O death, where is your sting? O grave, where is your victory? The sting of death is sin; & D STRENGTH OF SIN IS D LAW (ouch!!!). 1cor15:55-56 (read from1)

SIN SHALL NOT HAVE DOMINION OVER U: FOR U ARE NOT UNDER D LAW, BUT UNDER GRACE. Rm6:14 What then? Shall we sin, because we are not under d law, but under grace? God forbid….Rm6:15

Sin took occasion by d COMMANDMENT (LAWS)& wrought in people all manner of evil concupiscence. FOR WITHOUT D LAW SIN WAS DEAD. Rm7:8, 11(Those Holy-Rollers – struggles with sin a lot)

The Law had a SHADOW of good things to come…heb10:1

The law was our SCHOOLMASTER to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith is come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER A SCHOOLMASTER (LAW) Gal3:24-25,26 (Y suffer for nothing?)

The law works WRATH (extreme anger): for where no law is, there is no transgression. Rm4:15

We know that the LAW is good, if a man use it lawfully; knowing this, that THE LAW IS NOT MADE FOR A RIGHTEOUS MAN (2cor5:21, Icor1:30 if u’ve receive Jesus, U’ve been made RIGHTEOUS), but for d lawless & disobedient, 4d ungodly & 4 sinners, 4d unholy & profane, 4 murderers of fathers/mothers, whoremongers (Prostitutes), manslayers, defilers, menstealers (kidnappers), liars, perjurers (one guilty of perjury – offence of willfully telling an untruth) 1tm1:9-10

Wherefore, my brethren, U also are become dead 2d law by d body of Christ; that U should be married 2 another, to Him who is raised from d dead, that we should bring fruit 2 God. For when we were in d flesh, d MOTIONS OF SINS, WHICH WERE BY D LAW (kai!!!), did work in our members 2 bring forth fruit 2 death. But NOW WE ARE DELIVERED FROM THE LAW (praise Jesus), that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, & not in d oldness of d letter. Rm7:4-6

Wherefore why then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; Gal3:19

Romans 7:7 - What shall we say then? [Is] the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I HAD NOT KNOWN SIN, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Romans 7:9 - For I was alive without the law once: BUT WHEN THE COMMANDMENT (laws) CAME, SIN REVIVED, AND I DIED.

Romans 3:20 - Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: FOR BY THE LAW [IS] THE KNOWLEDGE OF SIN.

Romans 7:11 - For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew [me].

1 Corinthians 15:56 - The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.

(1) (Reply)

God's Reality / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/03/15 / Women In Ministry 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.