Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,362 members, 7,860,993 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:29 PM

Mini Presidential Poll Conducted & Results! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mini Presidential Poll Conducted & Results! (532 Views)

APC Conducted An Online Assessment Polls Of Their Performance (see Results) / See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR / AIT Online Presidential Poll Live GMB currently leading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mini Presidential Poll Conducted & Results! by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 30, 2015
I conducted a mini presidential poll to sample opinions of my friends and acquintances on Whatsapp social media platform. I sent the poll questions to all active contacts on my phone. Because my work deals directly with undergraduate and post-graduate students of various backgrounds and ethnic groups over 5 years period, my Whatsapp contacts reflect diversity of Nigeria nation tribe-wise. In other words, my Whatsapp contacts include phone numbers of people from different tribes residing in different parts of the country.
I sent the poll question to all active contacts manually. This was done because my experience in using broadcast message, that would have been easier, showed ineffective delivery. The active contacts sent to was 113. 71 responded within the time allocated (24hrs).

THE POLL:
"I am conducting mini election poll among my friends and acquintances. Please, choose, one of these 2 contestants or none that u will vote for if presidential election is conducted today.
1. GMB/PYO. 2. GEJ/SAMBO 3. None. The poll result will be communicated to u when completed.
Whatsapp ur choice to me now or as soon as possible before 7pm (the following day). Thank you."

COMPOSITION OF RESPONDENTS (i.e
those that responded) BY TRIBE:
Yoruba- 54.6% of all participants
Igbo-27.2%
Hausa-9.1%
Other- 9.1%
Here is the result of the poll:

*GMB/PYO = 45.5% of total votes cast
*GEJ/SAMBO = 18.2% of total votes cast
*33.3% of voters were neutral

VOTING PATTERN BY TRIBE:
YORUBA-66.6% of those that participated voted GMB/PYO
0.0% voted GEJ/SAMBO
33.4% were neutral
IGBO-0.0% of those that participated voted GMB/PYO
50.0% voted GEJ/SAMBO
50.0% were neutral
HAUSA- 100% of those that participated voted GMB/PYO
0.0% voted GEJ/SAMBO
0.0% were neuttal
OTHER TRIBE-
100% maintained neutrality

CONCLUSION: If the voters were the only one to elect the president, GMB/PYO ticket wins the Presidential contest.
However, the number of people that participated in the survey and the spread of the participation are too small to generalise the result.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Reason Why Buhari Must Boycott Presidential Debate / See The First Nigerian Women To Be Made Lawmakers! / Letter To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.