Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,656 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Why We’re Unhappy With President Jonathan – Ohanaeze Youth Council - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We’re Unhappy With President Jonathan – Ohanaeze Youth Council (1053 Views)

Asari Dokubo Arrives Ijaw Youth Council Election With His Squad (Photos) / FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan / Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We’re Unhappy With President Jonathan – Ohanaeze Youth Council by spott(m): 5:30am On Jan 31, 2015
The Ohanaeze Youth Wing, the youth arm of the pan-Igbo socio-political body, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has expressed its displeasure with President Goodluck Jonathan and all Igbo sons and daughters in his administration.
The youth wing, comprising all youth organisations in the South-East, accused the president of reneging on the numerous promises he made to the Igbo in the build up to the 2011 presidential election, which they said prompted Ndigbo to give him about 98 per cent of their votes in the polls.
The OYW made its feelings known in a communiqué it issued after an emergency meeting on the 2015 elections in Enugu on Tuesday.
The communiqué, which came on the heels of the endorsement of President Jonathan for a second term by Ohanaeze Ndigbo, was entitled, “A stitch in time saves nine”.
In the communiqué, jointly signed by Mazi Arthur Obiora and Obinna Adibe, deputy national president and national publicity secretary respectively, the Ohanaeze youths warned that it would seek an “alternative” if the president did not address pending issues in his relationship with the Igbo.
It expressed anger at President Jonathan’s failure to keep his promise of revamping the coal industry in Enugu as well as constructing the Second Niger Bridge through a public/private partnership arrangement.
The Igbo youths noted that Jonathan had no intention of completing the bridge by 2019 “assuming he is re-elected this year” since the completion period has been extended by 48 months (four years).
The communiqué partly read, “The Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Wing (Ohanaeze Youth Council) wishes to express her displeasure with President Goodluck Jonathan; the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Anyim Pius Anyim, who was nominated by Ohanaeze into the office and all Igbo working with Mr. President on the shabby and insincere way he has handled issues affecting Ndigbo.
“In 2011, it was our structures that were mobilised to ensure that he scored 98 per cent of South-East votes and also got substantial votes in other parts of Nigeria.
“Yet, our genuine demands, including the revitalisation of the Enugu Colliery/ construction of a coal fired power plant, construction of the Azumini seaport, acceleration of the dredging/expansion of the Port Harcourt and Calabar seaports, the exploration of the oil deposits of the Orashi and Anambra River Basins, etc have been ignored.
“After having audience with youths from other parts of the country who did less for him, Mr. President snubbed Igbo youths despite several efforts to reach him, preferring rather to hobnob with some Igbo elders, most of who may never appear at the polling station on the D-Day!
“The issue of ravaging unemployment which has hung most dangerously on Igbo youths has not been addressed till date, yet hundreds of billions of naira has been spent to empower Ijaw youths through the amnesty programme and other Federal Government jobs and initiatives.
“What have Igbo youths done wrong to be so neglected?”
It added, “The Akanu Ibiam International airport, Enugu, the only significant project the President executed in the South-East after over five years is only international in name, not in practice since it is yet to get to international standards in terms of runway length and other critical infrastructure.
“Hence, major international airlines in the world have shunned it.
“The Second Niger Bridge has become enmeshed in controversy – it is the only Federal Government bridge that will have a toll gate, whereas President Obasanjo kindly abolished toll gates about 10 years ago.
“So far, only N10bn, i.e. 7.6 per cent of the total contract sum of N130bn, has been purportedly released.
“Also, the cost of the bridge has increased by over 300 per cent while the completion date has been shifted from 18 months to 48 months (four years)!
“This implies that he does not even intend completing the bridge by 2019, when he will be leaving office, assuming he is re-elected this year”.
The body also said it was angered by the Federal Government’s refusal to allow Igbo youths partake in the amnesty programme.

http://www.informationng.com/2015/01/why-were-unhappy-with-president-jonathan-ohanaeze-youth-council.html

Re: Why We’re Unhappy With President Jonathan – Ohanaeze Youth Council by AYunusa: 6:18am On Jan 31, 2015
no be una give am una vote.why una dey complain.

2 Likes

Re: Why We’re Unhappy With President Jonathan – Ohanaeze Youth Council by sol2galay: 6:32am On Jan 31, 2015
Wish all those my e-worrior igbo brothers can put on thier thinking cap and reason like real nwafor,we would still correct the mistakes and make them take us serious

1 Like

Re: Why We’re Unhappy With President Jonathan – Ohanaeze Youth Council by DaBullIT(m): 6:39am On Jan 31, 2015
My dear Ohanaeze Youth Wing and Igbo nation

a proverb says[b] if you use 5 years to practice madness, when will you become really mad[/b] ? ? ?

another one said If a Saturday will be pleasant , there'll be aroma and signs from Friday

GEJ may be the son of the soil , but he forgot that the moment he became president

he did not offer you employments, did not build roads, he did not build infrastructure , he did not protect your brothers and interest in the North , and he has been there for 6 years already , WHEN WILL HE REMEMBER YOU
? ? ? Meanwhile , he gets Billions of Naira for feeding , he changes his aeroplane like he's changing socks , has he been telling you no money too ? ? ?

How long will you allow sentiments to delude you ? ? ?

Obviously he has no plan for you , except a few friends and family , Forget about GEJ,How can he do anything for you within 4 years when he has had 6 years but did not do anything tangible

VOTE for the man with a heart, the man who cares about everybody, the man who can arrest those politicians who have been stealing and decimating your allocation because GEJ protects them

VOTE GMB , Join the train and enjoy positive changes for the whole country T[b]he dividend of democracy belongs to ALL OF US , not some select few who wine and dine with president .[/b]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We’re Unhappy With President Jonathan – Ohanaeze Youth Council by SeverusSnape(m): 6:50am On Jan 31, 2015
DaBullIT:

a proverb says[b] if you use 5 years to practice madness, when will you become really mad[/b] ? ? ?

another one said If a Saturday will be pleasant , there'll be aroma and signs from Friday

GEJ may be the son of the soil , but he forgot that the moment he became president

he did not offer you employments, did not build roads, he did not build infrastructure , he did not protect your brothers and interest in the North , and he has been there for 6 years already , WHEN WILL HE REMEMBER YOU
? ? ? Meanwhile , he gets Billions of Naira for feeding , he changes his aeroplane like he's changing socks , has he been telling you no money too ? ? ?

Obviously he has no plan for you , except a few friends and family , Forget about GEJ,How can he do anything for you within 4 years when he has had 6 years but did not do anything tangible

VOTE for the man with a heart, the man who cares about everybody, the man who can arrest those politicians who have been stealing and decimating your allocation because GEJ protects them

VOTE GMB , Join the train and enjoy positive changes for the whole country T[b]he dividend of democracy belongs to ALL OF US , not some select few who wine and dine with president .[/b]
Ohanaze youth will still vote Jonathan, No two ways about it. cool
Re: Why We’re Unhappy With President Jonathan – Ohanaeze Youth Council by DaBullIT(m): 6:59am On Jan 31, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Ohanaze youth will still vote Jonathan, No two ways about it. cool

Morning bra, let's wait and see, even if GEJ settles they've tasted his stew, not sweet angry

GMB's stew is not ready, but It's already scintillating and tantalizing, Bros come join me chop better stew, grin
Re: Why We’re Unhappy With President Jonathan – Ohanaeze Youth Council by SeverusSnape(m): 7:02am On Jan 31, 2015
DaBullIT:

Morning bra, let's wait and see, even if GEJ settles they've tasted his stew, not sweet angry

GMB's stew is not ready, but It's already scintillating and tantalizing, Bros come join me chop better stew, grin
Hehehehehehehehe....I'm not a blood sucker cheesy
Buhari's stew is filled with blood.
Re: Why We’re Unhappy With President Jonathan – Ohanaeze Youth Council by hyfr(m): 7:03am On Jan 31, 2015
Yeah and thats why they're going to give him the opportunity to re-write his wrongs. I pity this northerners that he did everything for this last four years, he will mainly focus on the east
Re: Why We’re Unhappy With President Jonathan – Ohanaeze Youth Council by Collynzo9: 7:10am On Jan 31, 2015
DaBullIT:

Some of you write as if Buhari just fell from heaven, he has been there before as Head of state and as PTF chairman, what did he for the South east or the entire south for that matter?
Talking about employment, did his policies then favour Igbos in terms of employment?
What about infrstructure, is there anything Buhari can lay claim to in the east?
As PTF chairman, he was building roads in the north while distributing expired mosquito nets in the east.
Re: Why We’re Unhappy With President Jonathan – Ohanaeze Youth Council by DaBullIT(m): 7:30am On Jan 31, 2015
Collynzo9:

Some of you write as if Buhari just fell from heaven, he has been there before as Head of state and as PTF chairman, what did he for the South east or the entire south for that matter?
Talking about employment, did his policies then favour Igbos in terms of employment?
What about infrstructure, is there anything Buhari can lay claim to in the east?
As PTF chairman, he was building roads in the north while distributing expired mosquito nets in the east.

Not sure if I should reply you, cos the conversation was not your business, one point to note however is that when Buhari became president, he did out of anger over corruption no campaign no promises, this time he's made his promises and I'm sure he'll fulfil them

Furthermore, I do not live in ss or se, however if I can, I'll search and send details of Buhari's achievements in ss and se during his reign as ptf chairman other than distributing expired nets that is cry
Re: Why We’re Unhappy With President Jonathan – Ohanaeze Youth Council by DaBullIT(m): 7:39am On Jan 31, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Hehehehehehehehe....I'm not a blood sucker cheesy
Buhari's stew is filled with blood.

Blood can't make stew, but there's blood cake, the kind of cake GEJ is giving to friends and family, hehehe leave Vampires, come to humans lick the stew of life and security and happiness
Re: Why We’re Unhappy With President Jonathan – Ohanaeze Youth Council by SeverusSnape(m): 7:45am On Jan 31, 2015
DaBullIT:

Blood can't make stew, but there's blood cake, the kind of cake GEJ is giving to friends and family, hehehe leave Vampires, come to humans lick the stew of life and security and happiness
No, Thank you sir
I'll rather stick with a Democrat....We need more people like Soyinka to talk about the despot.
Re: Why We’re Unhappy With President Jonathan – Ohanaeze Youth Council by courage54(m): 7:48am On Jan 31, 2015
Una never see anything.
Re: Why We’re Unhappy With President Jonathan – Ohanaeze Youth Council by DaBullIT(m): 7:50am On Jan 31, 2015
SeverusSnape:

No, Thank you sir
I'll rather stick with a Democrat....We need more people like Soyinka to talk about the despot.

Bros Soyinka is a poet, a fiction story writer, and I adore and respect him,, however he is not politician if Presidency is about international book writing, essay and competition and novels I will happily cross over

But the matters of the state needs to be decided by experienced and immediate past leaders, military generals, civilian ex presidents and Co IBB, OBJ, Atiku

1 Like

Re: Why We’re Unhappy With President Jonathan – Ohanaeze Youth Council by omenka(m): 7:52am On Jan 31, 2015
DaBullIT:

cool

1 Like

Re: Why We’re Unhappy With President Jonathan – Ohanaeze Youth Council by SeverusSnape(m): 7:54am On Jan 31, 2015
DaBullIT:

Bros Soyinka is a poet, a fiction story writer, and I adore and respect him,, however he is not politician if Presidency is about international book writing, essay and competition and novels I will happily cross over

But the matters of the state needs to be decided by experienced and immediate past leaders, military generals, civilian ex presidents and Co IBB, OBJ, Atiku
So what he wrote about Buhari are lies, right?
hehehehehehehehehehe... You're now making me laugh, IBB?... OBJ?, ATIKU?... Now I know why this country will never move forward and some people are clamouring for the worst of them all; BUHARI! cheesy
CHAI!...Nigeria is doomed. cry
Re: Why We’re Unhappy With President Jonathan – Ohanaeze Youth Council by nellyjohn: 10:06am On Jan 31, 2015
GEJ may have failed in some areas but Buhari is not the best option. Read this statement by Buhari

"Igbos Hate Me Because of Biafra War" - Buhari in BBC Hausa
Maj Gen Muhammadu Buhari has droped the bombshell, on the reason he has been loosing election in Igbo land and parts of Nigeria where the Igbos has be residing, stating that it is because he was involved in the Nigerian civil war.
The former dicator speaking today on BBC Hausa services monitored in Kaduna, said with regrets that, "the igbos hate him for what happened during the Biafran war". "I don't have any regret, and at such do not owe any appology to them, infact if there is a repeat of the civil war again, I will kill more igbos to save the country".
The APC Presidential candidate, added that this was the reason they never bothered to vote for him anywhere in Nigeria.
It is a shame that a man aspiring to rule the whole country, not part of it, will talk in this manner.
BEWARE, THIS MAN HAS NEVER TALKED ABOUT PEACE, BUT BLOODBATH AND PAIN

Let's give GEJ a second chance
Vote GEJ till 2019

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Following Zahra Buhari On Twitter(picture) / REVEALED: Modu Sheriff Behind The General Elections Date Postponement / We Are Cage Men Inside The Bank(access Bank Ekwulobia)anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.