Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Protect Your Phone S Bluetooth Connection. Set Bluetooth To "Hidden". - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Protect Your Phone S Bluetooth Connection. Set Bluetooth To "Hidden". (1629 Views)

You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code / 7 Ways To Protect Your Phone From Been Hacked. / Best Phone(s) 30K Can Afford Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protect Your Phone S Bluetooth Connection. Set Bluetooth To "Hidden". by Carlcaresophia: 6:46am On Jan 31, 2015
If you have got Bluetooth switched on, on your mobile phone, and your phone is not set to "hidden", chances are you are open to bluejacking, bluesnarfing or bluebugging. What does this mean? Read on below.
Bluejacking - the sending of unwanted messages from one Bluetooth device to another. While bluejacking is normally harmless, often people who receive these types of messages do not know what has happened, and may think that someone has taken over their phone.
Bluesnarfing - the unauthorized access of information from a wireless device (such as a mobile phone) through a Bluetooth connection. By "hacking" into the phone, someone can have access to the calendar, pictures, contacts, text messages, and any other content stored on the phone.
Bluebugging - another form of Bluetooth attack, in which someone takes control of your phone, to call their phone. This means that someone can simply listen to any conversation their victim is having in real life. Further development of bluebugging tools has allowed users to totally take over their victim s phone, making calls and sending text messages from the victim s phone.
By turning off Bluetooth when you are not using it, and/or by setting your phone s Bluetooth settings to "hidden", you can remove the risk of these threats.
Re: Protect Your Phone S Bluetooth Connection. Set Bluetooth To "Hidden". by ewizard1: 8:47am On Jan 31, 2015
Please, all your new topics are stale. We know them already.

ahnahn!!!
Re: Protect Your Phone S Bluetooth Connection. Set Bluetooth To "Hidden". by tanfani: 6:49pm On Jan 31, 2015
Carlcaresophia:
If you have got Bluetooth switched on, on your mobile phone, and your phone is not set to "hidden", chances are you are open to bluejacking, bluesnarfing or bluebugging. What does this mean? Read on below.
Bluejacking - the sending of unwanted messages from one Bluetooth device to another. While bluejacking is normally harmless, often people who receive these types of messages do not know what has happened, and may think that someone has taken over their phone.
Bluesnarfing - the unauthorized access of information from a wireless device (such as a mobile phone) through a Bluetooth connection. By "hacking" into the phone, someone can have access to the calendar, pictures, contacts, text messages, and any other content stored on the phone.
Bluebugging - another form of Bluetooth attack, in which someone takes control of your phone, to call their phone. This means that someone can simply listen to any conversation their victim is having in real life. Further development of bluebugging tools has allowed users to totally take over their victim s phone, making calls and sending text messages from the victim s phone.
By turning off Bluetooth when you are not using it, and/or by setting your phone s Bluetooth settings to "hidden", you can remove the risk of these threats.

Ancient tutorial! Upgrade abeg!
Re: Protect Your Phone S Bluetooth Connection. Set Bluetooth To "Hidden". by tanfani: 6:50pm On Jan 31, 2015
You people should go and learn from Team H0vatek abeg! Those guys are way ahead of you guys on your own phones
Re: Protect Your Phone S Bluetooth Connection. Set Bluetooth To "Hidden". by invisibility: 8:07am On Apr 10, 2015
ewizard1:
Please, all your new topics are stale. We know them already.

ahnahn!!!
Shame to all of you bashing this highly educative thread. If you know it doesn't mean everyone knows it. I 'm just learning of this for the first time and I'm pleased.

1 Like

Re: Protect Your Phone S Bluetooth Connection. Set Bluetooth To "Hidden". by Popdy(f): 9:50pm On May 03, 2015
Pls I brought a Tecno H6 phone to ur service centre at Opebi Ikeja for repair since 1st of April cos it was not booting and it had speaker and screen problem(screen is not broken tho)and I was told to come back d ffl week for d phone,I went d ffl week but I was told it wasn't ready dat I should come back d ffl week again dat it would av been ready by dat time but I should call d hotline b4 coming, since then I av been calling but u guyz keep on posting me dat it isn't ready nd I should check back d ffl week afta waiting for ages b4 u guys pick calls,I came all d way to Lagos frm school jst to collect my phone but it seems u guys just collect phones and dump dem sumwhere without doing anything about them,I just hope what I read on another thread in this forum abt u guyz using pples phones as spare parts isn't true.....pls and pls I av to travel back to school dis week and I'm afraid I won't be able to come back to Lagos until afta 3 mnths and according to d notice on ur work order slip it would av been disposed off by then..
Pls kindly help me
WO number is LF1350373
IMEI number is 355945***190184....Thanks
Re: Protect Your Phone S Bluetooth Connection. Set Bluetooth To "Hidden". by Oladipupo22: 7:39am On Jun 23, 2015
Carlcaresophia

Please My Tecno P9 is a disaster with internal storage space when I still have USB Storage of like 10G or so and SD Cad of 5G or so..

I can't install apps sef....The RAM is even Okay o, just that internal storage space....I clear BBM and Twitter Cache every now and then!
Re: Protect Your Phone S Bluetooth Connection. Set Bluetooth To "Hidden". by Carlcaresophia: 8:38am On Jun 24, 2015
Oladipupo22:
Carlcaresophia

Please My Tecno P9 is a disaster with internal storage space when I still have USB Storage of like 10G or so and SD Cad of 5G or so..

I can't install apps sef....The RAM is even Okay o, just that internal storage space....I clear BBM and Twitter Cache every now and then!
Hi! Did you try to move your apps to SD card? Or you can try to restore factory settings, but remember to back up important files. If the problem still exists, you can take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center and ask our colleagues to check the problem for you. If you need us to send you the contact information of our service center, pls tell us the city and country you're living in now. Thank you!
Re: Protect Your Phone S Bluetooth Connection. Set Bluetooth To "Hidden". by Oladipupo22: 9:46pm On Jun 24, 2015
Carlcaresophia:
Hi! Did you try to move your apps to SD card? Or you can try to restore factory settings, but remember to back up important files. If the problem still exists, you can take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center and ask our colleagues to check the problem for you. If you need us to send you the contact information of our service center, pls tell us the city and country you're living in now. Thank you!

Nigeria, Lagos, Mushin
Re: Protect Your Phone S Bluetooth Connection. Set Bluetooth To "Hidden". by Carlcaresophia: 7:00am On Jun 25, 2015
Oladipupo22:

Nigeria, Lagos, Mushin
Hi! Following pls find the contact information of our service centers in Lagos:
No.77, Opebi Road, Ikeja , Lagos State , Nigeria +23480022752273/08138615848
Digital Square,2nd Floor,No.20,Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja, Lagos State, Nigeria +2349036003533
No 55,kofo, abayomi avenue, apapa, Lagos State, Nigeria +2348091339530
Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

HELP!!! How To Root My Innjoo F2 Tablet Custom Rom So As To Use Glo Bis / Cannot Download Whatsapp... Help!!! / Please Urgent Help: Which Phone To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.