Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

When Will We Stop Celebrating Mediocrity? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will We Stop Celebrating Mediocrity? (962 Views)

Stop Celebrating Ibori's Release --- Uduaghan. / HOW AWOLOWO HELPED IN CELEBRATING MEDIOCRITY PER EXCELLENCE / Nigerians...let Us Stop Celebrating Mediocrity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will We Stop Celebrating Mediocrity? by PlutoLA(m): 8:01am On Jan 31, 2015
I often hear many pro-GEJ ppl listing revamping of railway in some parts of the country as one of his achievements.
Did you know....

Nigeria and Mexico approached China for credit facility to rebuild their railway systems (and other infrastructure). They both got the credits. Look at what each country did with the money.

If Mexico could afford to install bullet trains and Nigeria was loaned $12billion compared to the$3.75 billion Mexico was loaned,why do our trains look like smth from the 90s? And why are we celebrating this?

1 Like

Re: When Will We Stop Celebrating Mediocrity? by theM16: 8:08am On Jan 31, 2015
We are used to it bro. That's our theme. The amount Kenya used in building one of the best airports in Africa is a lil diff from what we r used to refurbish(mainly painting) our MMIA. Govt has bn giving money to dantata and co since '99 for lokoja - abuja road, I rili dnt knw what they r trying to build there for so long...

1 Like

Re: When Will We Stop Celebrating Mediocrity? by Day169: 8:23am On Jan 31, 2015
"Absurdia" seems to be a more appropriate name for the country at d moment.
Re: When Will We Stop Celebrating Mediocrity? by Scream(m): 8:24am On Jan 31, 2015
shocked weep 4 naija
Re: When Will We Stop Celebrating Mediocrity? by appini: 8:30am On Jan 31, 2015
No element of truth
Re: When Will We Stop Celebrating Mediocrity? by PlutoLA(m): 8:51am On Jan 31, 2015
appini:
No element of truth

Guy I guess you dont remember. It was back in 2013. As a matter of fact Mexico was loaned $3.75billion (at first they cancelled the contract but later renewed it) and Nigeria was given $12billion dollars,both for purpose of building railway systems. Now both have completed the projects and the pic us up there for you to compare. You could google it for more proof
Re: When Will We Stop Celebrating Mediocrity? by Borderless: 9:34am On Jan 31, 2015
PlutoLA:
I often hear many pro-GEJ ppl listing revamping of railway in some parts of the country as one of his achievements.
Did you know....

Nigeria and Mexico approached China for credit facility to rebuild their railway systems (and other infrastructure). They both got the credits. Look at what each country did with the money.

If Mexico could afford to install bullet trains and Nigeria was loaned $12billion compared to the$3.75 billion Mexico was loaned,why do our trains look like smth from the 90s? And why are we celebrating this?

Mr Analyser, does Nigeria have the infrastructure to support bullet trains? You guys want everything done like miracles, thats not how development happen.
Re: When Will We Stop Celebrating Mediocrity? by PlutoLA(m): 10:03am On Jan 31, 2015
Borderless:

Mr Analyser, does Nigeria have the infrastructure to support bullet trains? You guys want everything done like miracles, thats not how development happen.

I am not asking for bullet trains. All I'm saying is with that much money,the government should be able to procure better looking trains,not the ones similar to wat my father rode in his time
Re: When Will We Stop Celebrating Mediocrity? by appini: 10:45am On Jan 31, 2015
PlutoLA:

Guy I guess you dont remember. It was back in 2013. As a matter of fact Mexico was loaned $3.75billion (at first they cancelled the contract but later renewed it) and Nigeria was given $12billion dollars,both for purpose of building railway systems. Now both have completed the projects and the pic us up there for you to compare. You could google it for more proof

But you forget to also mention a part of Mexico been a nuclear energy country that has two nuclear reactors; which gives them the capacity to power modern trains that require high power voltage.

The Mexico nuclear program is dated back to 1958, so when comparing this scenario of Mexican trains with that of Nigeria, we shouldn't forget also to put the power generation capacity into contest.

(1) (Reply)

"Nigerians Are Useless" / The United States Of America: Friend Or Foe? / National Alart...new PDP Propaganda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.