Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,278 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 (886918 Views)

Nigerian NAVY Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 24 Enlistment.2016 / Nigeria Navy Direct Short Service Shortlisted Candidates / Nigeria Airforce Direct Short Service Course Aspirants ( DSSC) 2015/2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (289) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by abdulhamid0(m): 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2017
kuchikau1:
i believe dis execise is/will be transparent, going by their no-nonesense attidude.
thats true, i actually got information that you can only be helped if you actually passed the exam and got selected for screening before those with connections can get help.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by woswobi(m): 9:03pm On Dec 04, 2017
abdulhamid0:
thats true, i actually got information that you can only be helped if you actually passed the exam and got selected for screening before those with connections can get help.

Connection get different voltage and current. Those who know know

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by kuchikau1: 11:10pm On Dec 04, 2017
woswobi:

I think your local government council office
so i have to go to travel to my lga? But on a second note, cant i present my state of origin cert?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by kuchikau1: 11:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
Someone should please comment on owerrinta and portharcourt centres.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by FixNaija(m): 1:41am On Dec 05, 2017
kuchikau1:
Someone should please comment on owerrinta and portharcourt centres.
What do you want to hear from those centres?
As for Portharcourt, we got there as at the time we were expected to be there (for some of us). Those who came late were made to stand somewhere who later became batch B due to insufficient halls. Candidates who had second class lower weren't allowed to take the test. As a normal routine, we were all made to sit according to our states on their parade ground. After their "come and sit here", "go there", "squad down everybody" etc that delayed us till around 11am. Finally, The commander now said it was time for exams, usual accreditation state by state kicked off and then we were directed to their halls unlike last year's where we took the exams under the scorning sun on their parade ground. Unfortunately, they didn't do the right thing! We were supposed to sit according to our states for dissemination of answer scripts which were customized for each candidate. That was how we went in, and different ad-hoc staff (maybe staff of NN secondary school) were calling names without any organization. I became disappointed given the quality of candidates NN DSSC usually employed. We spent up to 1hr 30mins before we were then asked to go out so as to do the right thing calling us state-by-state. By and large, the exams finally started at 1:24pm and finished at 2:24pm. The questions were 75% GMAT but some of the Maths weren't funny at all. I was surprised when I saw bearing but then, they were questions one could easily play around with and hit a good mark. Btw, I'm glad I met some of my people we went to Ojo, Lagos for DSSC24 interview ���. Finally, God has the final say!

See you all in Ojo, Lagos (if at all another govt agency won't pick me before NN) for interview which is the "koko thing"!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by danshadrach: 1:18pm On Dec 07, 2017
The hauz is quiet, plz Oga pijay an Oga tenderlaw, wen shoul we be expecting the next list?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by kuchikau1: 3:09pm On Dec 07, 2017
FixNaija:

What do you want to hear from those centres?
As for Portharcourt, we got there as at the time we were expected to be there (for some of us). Those who came late were made to stand somewhere who later became batch B due to insufficient halls. Candidates who had second class lower weren't allowed to take the test. As a normal routine, we were all made to sit according to our states on their parade ground. After their "come and sit here", "go there", "squad down everybody" etc that delayed us till around 11am. Finally, The commander now said it was time for exams, usual accreditation state by state kicked off and then we were directed to their halls unlike last year's where we took the exams under the scorning sun on their parade ground. Unfortunately, they didn't do the right thing! We were supposed to sit according to our states for dissemination of answer scripts which were customized for each candidate. That was how we went in, and different ad-hoc staff (maybe staff of NN secondary school) were calling names without any organization. I became disappointed given the quality of candidates NN DSSC usually employed. We spent up to 1hr 30mins before we were then asked to go out so as to do the right thing calling us state-by-state. By and large, the exams finally started at 1:24pm and finished at 2:24pm. The questions were 75% GMAT but some of the Maths weren't funny at all. I was surprised when I saw bearing but then, they were questions one could easily play around with and hit a good mark. Btw, I'm glad I met some of my people we went to Ojo, Lagos for DSSC24 interview ���. Finally, God has the final say!

See you all in Ojo, Lagos (if at all another govt agency won't pick me before NN) for interview which is the "koko thing"!!!
lengthy and detailed, good! But why were u screened out? Secondly i thought its(interview) at Onne, not ojo,lagos. Pardon my inquisitiveness.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by chiventoline(m): 3:12pm On Dec 07, 2017
danshadrach:
The hauz is quiet, plz Oga pijay an Oga tenderlaw, wen shoul we be expecting the next list?
i heard the list would be out in April 2018
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by FixNaija(m): 3:42pm On Dec 07, 2017
kuchikau1:
lengthy and detailed, good! But why were u screened out? Secondly i thought its(interview) at Onne, not ojo,lagos. Pardon my inquisitiveness.

Well I can't say much or be specific about venue for interview but ours held at Ojo, Lagos. After the certificates verification and medicals, those that had serious medical issues were called out for counseling before the successful ones for the next stage (facing the board) we're called. The rest of us were told to retry again next time
grin
kuchikau1:

Well I can't say much or be specific about venue for interview but ours held at Ojo, Lagos. After the certificates verification and medicals, those that had serious medical issues were called out for counseling before the successful ones for the next stage (facing the board) we're called. The rest of us were told to retry again next time. Thereafter, the sum of #5000.00 was given to each of us for T-fare back home
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by FixNaija(m): 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2017
chiventoline:
i heard the list would be out in April 2018

If it's from the right source then I might subscribe to it because that was the same period DSSC24 had theirs
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by MyKzee(m): 8:34pm On Dec 07, 2017
Is the written Exam legit? Is it actually a Criteria for enlistment? What if those who passed the aptitude test are all flat footed, over aged, blablabla... I'm just Curious though.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by FixNaija(m): 9:08pm On Dec 07, 2017
MyKzee:
Is the written Exam legit? Is it actually a Criteria for enlistment? What if those who passed the aptitude test are all flat footed, over aged, blablabla... I'm just Curious though.

Very legit. I remember a certain state that had 8 first class graduates in Dssc24. Also, as for your assumption, its can't be!
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Bifrost: 7:48am On Dec 08, 2017
Pls I'm asking for the sake of the next application. Can someone with a BSc in Geography apply for the Nigerian Navy DSSC under Hydrography? The qualifications I saw were;

"7. HYDROGRAPHY: Applicants must possess
a BSc or HND in the following fields.
1. Cartography.
2. Surveying/Geoinfomatics.
3. Geophysics.
4. Physical Oceanography."

I have a BSc in Geography, do I fit in?

Please I need clarifications
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by kudos84: 11:20am On Dec 08, 2017
Bifrost:
Pls I'm asking for the sake of the next application. Can someone with a BSc in Geography apply for the Nigerian Navy DSSC under Hydrography? The qualifications I saw were;

1. Cartography.
3. Geophysics.

if your discipline is not listed under the department means it's not required.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Ucheizzy(m): 11:56am On Dec 08, 2017
Bifrost:

1. Cartography.
3. Geophysics.

Bros go hustle connection, make sure say the network bar of the connection full well well!
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by DrRoyce(m): 1:14pm On Dec 08, 2017
But in roughly what time/month will the list of those who were successful in the aptitude test be revealed?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 10, 2017
DrRoyce:
But in roughly what time/month will the list of those who were successful in the aptitude test be revealed?

March 2018

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 5:10pm On Dec 10, 2017
There is no appointed time for the results to come out. Yes they will b done marking the script by this week then they will go tru it for errors.
They might not release it due to DSSC24 still in camp.
They might release it if they feel they can conduct d interview sooner.
Dssc24 will pass out next year early February.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by DrRoyce(m): 11:28pm On Dec 10, 2017
pijay:
There is no appointed time for the results to come out. Yes they will b done marking the script by this week then they will go tru it for errors.
They might not release it due to DSSC24 still in camp.
They might release it if they feel they can conduct d interview sooner.
Dssc24 will pass out next year early February.
thanks boss
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 11, 2017
Ucheizzy:

Bros go hustle connection, make sure say the network bar of the connection full well well!
But on a very good day Geography fits in well into Hydrography.. Last year people who studied geography wrote the exams but I don't know if they made it to the training camp...
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by chiventoline(m): 6:54pm On Dec 11, 2017
Please house I have a very urgent question.
Can I tender my statement of result is it acceptable.
PLEASE HOUSE I NEED AN URGENT ANSWER TO KNOW MY NEXT STEP THANKS.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by yebzman: 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2017
I just Received this

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by woswobi(m): 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2017
chiventoline:
Please house I have a very urgent question.
Can I tender my statement of result is it acceptable.
PLEASE HOUSE I NEED AN URGENT ANSWER TO KNOW MY NEXT STEP THANKS.

Yes you can
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by woswobi(m): 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2017
yebzman:
I just Received this

Same here
Who else got the text
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by beejayvince(m): 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2017
Text messages have started rolling in.

But the site is opening as a new WordPress site with no official content yet.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by chiventoline(m): 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2017
Just got this now

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by DrRoyce(m): 8:36pm On Dec 11, 2017
You have been shortlisted for DSSC 25 Selection Board. You are to report at Nig Navy Sec Sch Ojo Lagos on 15 Dec 17. Check www.joinnigeriannavy.com for details.

I just got this message. Who else did? I really don’t get it

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by beejayvince(m): 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2017
The most confusing part is that the site went down after the test and is appearing as a completely new WordPress site now.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by chiventoline(m): 8:38pm On Dec 11, 2017
The site is not even functioning
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by DrRoyce(m): 8:39pm On Dec 11, 2017
chiventoline:
Just got this now
what does this text mean? Is it the norm?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by shawwal1(m): 8:40pm On Dec 11, 2017
Got the text too

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (289) (Reply)

Access Bank Calling For Aptitude Test (entry-level) (2014) / Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment / FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.