Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Tennis: Serena Williams Beat Maria Sharapova To Win Her Sixth Australian Open - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis: Serena Williams Beat Maria Sharapova To Win Her Sixth Australian Open (1040 Views)

Serena Williams Is Engaged To Alexis Ohanian, Reddit Co-Founder. Gets Backlash / Serena Williams Loses To Svitolina At Rio Olympics 2016 / Serena Williams Wins Her Sixth Wimbledon Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tennis: Serena Williams Beat Maria Sharapova To Win Her Sixth Australian Open by blazeee: 2:28pm On Jan 31, 2015
The American world number one served superbly to win a pulsating final 6-3 7-6 (7-5) after Sharapova fought back in the second set.
Williams, 33, moves past Martina Navratilova and Chris Evert with a 19th major singles title.
She has now beaten Russia's Sharapova, the world number two, 16 times in a row dating back to 2004.

Australian Open: Rallies 'don't get better than this'
"I have to congratulate Maria, she played a wonderful match and she really pushed me," said Williams.
"She played so well and gave me a great final not only for the fans, but for women's tennis. I'm really honoured to play her in the final."
Despite feeling so unwell during a rain delay in the first set that she left the court to vomit, Williams hit 18 aces and 38 winners as she won in one hour and 51 minutes.
Seemingly unsure for a moment that an ace had sealed victory, she then shook hands with Sharapova and bounded over to the corner of Rod Laver Arena towards her player box.
It was a brilliant performance in a final that exceeded many expectations, bearing in mind the players' head-to-head record.
http://m.bbc.com/sport/tennis/31063354

Re: Tennis: Serena Williams Beat Maria Sharapova To Win Her Sixth Australian Open by Wuuworld(m): 2:32pm On Jan 31, 2015
Na only serena Williams waka come?....why always her?.............Bigger u my cousin...grandma dey ask of u for villa
Re: Tennis: Serena Williams Beat Maria Sharapova To Win Her Sixth Australian Open by parrotibaba(m): 2:42pm On Jan 31, 2015
n she is only 33 years of age

if she stays fit n continues dis streak,she will be d all time female tennis great
Re: Tennis: Serena Williams Beat Maria Sharapova To Win Her Sixth Australian Open by utytill(m): 3:25pm On Jan 31, 2015
Pls Serena,I want you to train my daughter.
Re: Tennis: Serena Williams Beat Maria Sharapova To Win Her Sixth Australian Open by Abbey2sam(m): 5:45pm On Jan 31, 2015
congrats to you miss serena Williams

(1) (Reply)

English FA Has Created New Rules In Order For Chelsea Fc Not To Go On Relagation / @pascal Vs Kovalev Rematch On 30.01.16 / Meet Iranian Messi Who Looks So Much Like Lionel Messi (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.