Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,753 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:35 AM

k - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / k (2780 Views)

Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / Nigerians Now Require Visa To Singapore! / How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

k by solaceguy(m): 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2008
k
Re: k by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2008
solaceguy:

I have not yet seen a tangible reason for this.

It's that thing called "choice."
When did Nigerians need to give reasons for their choice of settlement / travel choice?

solaceguy:

the place is even hot and there is racism there.

So? It's hot in Nigeria too, and tribalism exists, worse than tribalism - at least, the Singaporeans have an excuse - they're not black, not that that justifies racism.
Why would a fellow Nigerian detest another Nigerian, just because their languages are different?

solaceguy:

I heard that their police can flog someone on the road for boozing or stuff like that.

Really? The NPF stroke your back lovingly, and would never dream of flogging you.
Has that stopped folk from living in Nigeria? Keep your nose clean, and police, regardless of where you are would have no cause to treat you like an animal.

solaceguy:

you , as a foreigner may even be deported.

If you enter a country legally, and you abide by their laws, you've no reason to fear deportation.
If however, you enter a country in a crate, then deportation is the least of your worries.

solaceguy:

before u go there,think on these things.

Nigerians have thought long and hard, and will still travel where they choose, regardless of what you post.

Sounds like most of your opinions are hearsay too - have you been to Singapore, and if yes, were you burnt by the "heat", racially discriminated against, flogged by the local police, before being deported?
Re: k by JJYOU: 5:44pm On Dec 28, 2008
Siena:

Really? The NPF stroke your back lovingly, and would never dream of flogging you.
Has that stopped folk from living in Nigeria? Keep your nose clean, and police, regardless of where you are would have cause to treat you like an animal.

Sounds like most of your opinions are hearsay too - have you been to Singapore, and if yes, were you burnt by the "heat", racially discriminated against, flogged by the local police, before being deported?

sienna you are something else. o boy,. i should be off to sleep with that
Re: k by solaceguy(m): 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2008
K
Re: k by solaceguy(m): 8:23pm On Dec 28, 2008
K
Re: k by shotster50(m): 10:39pm On Dec 28, 2008
Mr Solace, how do you know there's no tangible reason?
Re: k by solaceguy(m): 9:47am On Dec 30, 2008
K
Re: k by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 30, 2008
solaceguy:

because the country is very expensive and is not richer than Nigeria.

You're not paying attention, Solace.

Money isn't always a deciding factor.

Not everyone would want to live in Afghanistan or Iraq with a million dollars.
Re: k by landis(m): 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2008
solaceguy:

I have not yet seen a tangible reason for this.
the place is even hot and there is racism there.
I heard that their police can flog someone on the road for boozing or stuff like that.
you , as a foreigner may even be deported.

before u go there,think on these things.

Sinapore is a lovely place. It is far cleaner and organise than many EU countries.

And in the night, WAO, you should take a boat trip around; no area boys to rob you.

If you well behave, you will have no problem; but I guess naija screw the benefit. Now you need VISA to go there.

As per racism, you need to solve those among Nigerians first: hausa vs ibo etc.
Re: k by shotster50(m): 12:07am On Dec 31, 2008
For a country that is not rich as the poster put, they seem to be doing very well for themselves, Have you even been there??
Re: k by chyk91(m): 11:03pm On Jan 04, 2009
because there is steady electricity, good roads, clean water, security.

(1) (Reply)

Any Nigerians In Sheffield? / Lagos Is Truly A Beautiful City..must See Photos* / Any Flight From Abuja To Jos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.