Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,244 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze (3987 Views)

Osinbajo After Reading Buhari's Letter - Reno Omokri (Photos) / Buhari's Letter To Senate On Appointment Of 2 Ministerial Nominees (Photo) / Aisha Buhari's Letter To Fayose Demanding Retraction & Apologies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by MayorofLagos(m): 4:23am On Feb 01, 2015
A LETTER written by the All Progressives Congress’ (APC) presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, to the leadership of the Ohanaeze Nd’Igbo, the umbrella socio-cultural organisation of Nd’Igbo, is at the root of the current crisis threatening the organisation.

Not long ago, there was an attempt by yet-to-be identified persons to destroy the Ohanaeze Secretariat at No 7 Park Road, GRA, Enugu, even as a splinter group, led by the first republic Minister of Aviation, Chief Mbazulike Amaechi, continues to battle the Gary Enwo Igariwey-led executive over the duration of its tenure.

However, investigations by The Guardian revealed that, contrary to the argument by the Mbazulike Amaechi that the tenure of the Ohanaeze executive is for a period of two years, the letter from Buhari seeking audience with leaders of Nd’Igbo actually sparked off the hostilities. 

It was gathered that after the South East spokesman of the APC, Mr. Osita Okechukwu, brought the letter personally signed by General Buhari, an argument ensued between Amaechi and the Ohanaeze leaders over how and where the APC presidential candidate should be received. 

In the letter — titled: “Request for Consultative Meeting” and dated November 7, 2014 — Buhari had written: “A time comes in the history of nations, when the ligaments holding the nation are stretched to their very ends, creating uncertainty, despair and general despondency to pervade the land. It is without pleasure that I say our country is once at crossroads.

“This regrettably is where none of us wants our dear nation to be; and it is because of this unpleasant scenario that I am persuaded by many Nigerians to come forward again to seek for your votes, in order to halt Nigeria’s dangerous slide into anarchy and possible state failure.

“In coming to the inevitable conclusion to seek your support and lend my humble service again to our fatherland, I considered it pertinent to hold consultations with all communities nationwide in order to build a mutually acceptable national consensus. Needless to add, no national consultation will be complete or meaningful without a meeting with the leadership of Ohanaeze NdIgbo.

“Since I cannot assume to know all the pressing issues facing Ndigbo or what Ndigbo expect of the new Nigeria we wish to build, I would greatly appreciate if you could kindly arrange a consultative meeting with Ohanaeze Ndigbo where we could discuss and try to determine how this could best be done”.

But no sooner had the letter gotten to the Ohanaeze leaders than the subject matter divided them because while Chief Amaechi was said to have told the Ohanaeze executive led by Igariwey that he should be allowed to host Buhari and his delegation at his country home, the Ohanaeze leaders objected.

A source close to Amaechi confided in The Guardian that the elder statesman, having noticed the body language of the Ohanaeze leaders towards possible endorsement of President Goodluck Jonathan, contended that, as the most senior living political actor in Igbo land, he should be the one to receive the Buhari delegation. 

“But the Igariwey executive insisted that since the letter was addressed to Ohanaeze Nd’Igbo, Buhari and his delegation should be received at the Ohanaeze Secretariat. The argument was partly the reason the issue of endorsement of President Jonathan was shelved until all the various contestants must have met with Ohanaeze,” the source disclosed adding that the crisis was instigated to ensure that each faction could endorse a different presidential candidate.

As at the time of filing this report, neither Chief Igariwey nor Chief Amaechi could be reached for comments.

- See more at: http://m.ngrguardiannews.com/en/news/national-news/196179-how-buhari-s-letter-to-ohanaeze-stoked-crisis#sthash.iXZ6cfms.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by MayorofLagos(m): 4:25am On Feb 01, 2015
Ishilove, Seun,

I never request front page presence for my postings. Im requesting one for this article. This is a national news and politically relevant.
Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by skillero(m): 4:38am On Feb 01, 2015
MayorofLagos:
A LETTER written by the All Progressives Congress’ (APC) presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, to the leadership of the Ohanaeze Nd’Igbo, the umbrella socio-cultural organisation of Nd’Igbo, is at the root of the current crisis threatening the organisation.

Not long ago, there was an attempt by yet-to-be identified persons to destroy the Ohanaeze Secretariat at No 7 Park Road, GRA, Enugu, even as a splinter group, led by the first republic Minister of Aviation, Chief Mbazulike Amaechi, continues to battle the Gary Enwo Igariwey-led executive over the duration of its tenure.

However, investigations by The Guardian revealed that, contrary to the argument by the Mbazulike Amaechi that the tenure of the Ohanaeze executive is for a period of two years, the letter from Buhari seeking audience with leaders of Nd’Igbo actually sparked off the hostilities. 

It was gathered that after the South East spokesman of the APC, Mr. Osita Okechukwu, brought the letter personally signed by General Buhari, an argument ensued between Amaechi and the Ohanaeze leaders over how and where the APC presidential candidate should be received. 

In the letter — titled: “Request for Consultative Meeting” and dated November 7, 2014 — Buhari had written: “A time comes in the history of nations, when the ligaments holding the nation are stretched to their very ends, creating uncertainty, despair and general despondency to pervade the land. It is without pleasure that I say our country is once at crossroads.

“This regrettably is where none of us wants our dear nation to be; and it is because of this unpleasant scenario that I am persuaded by many Nigerians to come forward again to seek for your votes, in order to halt Nigeria’s dangerous slide into anarchy and possible state failure.

“In coming to the inevitable conclusion to seek your support and lend my humble service again to our fatherland, I considered it pertinent to hold consultations with all communities nationwide in order to build a mutually acceptable national consensus. Needless to add, no national consultation will be complete or meaningful without a meeting with the leadership of Ohanaeze NdIgbo.

“Since I cannot assume to know all the pressing issues facing Ndigbo or what Ndigbo expect of the new Nigeria we wish to build, I would greatly appreciate if you could kindly arrange a consultative meeting with Ohanaeze Ndigbo where we could discuss and try to determine how this could best be done”.

But no sooner had the letter gotten to the Ohanaeze leaders than the subject matter divided them because while Chief Amaechi was said to have told the Ohanaeze executive led by Igariwey that he should be allowed to host Buhari and his delegation at his country home, the Ohanaeze leaders objected.

A source close to Amaechi confided in The Guardian that the elder statesman, having noticed the body language of the Ohanaeze leaders towards possible endorsement of President Goodluck Jonathan, contended that, as the most senior living political actor in Igbo land, he should be the one to receive the Buhari delegation. 

“But the Igariwey executive insisted that since the letter was addressed to Ohanaeze Nd’Igbo, Buhari and his delegation should be received at the Ohanaeze Secretariat. The argument was partly the reason the issue of endorsement of President Jonathan was shelved until all the various contestants must have met with Ohanaeze,” the source disclosed adding that the crisis was instigated to ensure that each faction could endorse a different presidential candidate.

As at the time of filing this report, neither Chief Igariwey nor Chief Amaechi could be reached for comments.

- See more at: http://m.ngrguardiannews.com/en/news/national-news/196179-how-buhari-s-letter-to-ohanaeze-stoked-crisis#sthash.iXZ6cfms.dpuf

Great piece

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by Rawani: 4:53am On Feb 01, 2015
General Buhari's time has surely come. Who would ever have imagined that Ohanaeze Ndigbo would one day, be fighting over whose house our dear General will be welcomed into as he consults on how to develop Igboland.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by Rawani: 4:58am On Feb 01, 2015
MayorofLagos:
Ishilove, Seun, Obinoscopy

I never request front page presence for my postings. Im requesting one for this article. This is a national news and politically relevant.
Seconded.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by Donmarrius: 5:11am On Feb 01, 2015
Tell your Buhar that Ohanaeze Ndigbo do not hold meeting with coupist,boko haram sponsor,anarchist,and a certificateless general.
That he will only rule a DIVIDED Nigeria.

Tell your buhari to go to hell,that even if he wins,that he cannever rule Igbo ( Not a threat,but a reality )

19 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by MayorofLagos(m): 5:29am On Feb 01, 2015
Donmarrius:
Tell your Buhar that Ohanaeze Ndigbo do not hold meeting with coupist,boko haram sponsor,anarchist,and a certificateless general.
That he will only rule a DIVIDED Nigeria.

Tell your buhari to go to hell,that even if he wins,that he cannever rule Igbo ( Not a threat,but a reality )

Nwafor, calm down!

His letter was not addressed to you, it was addressed to Ohanaeze, the apex and the foremost Igbo political head.

If you have a problem or grievance to air, kindly address to your leadership in Enugu. Please send copies so that each faction of Ohaneze receive your complaint.

25 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by eunisam: 5:42am On Feb 01, 2015
I didn't understand anything here ooooh
Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by asadike(f): 5:42am On Feb 01, 2015
Ohaneze don't have such time abeg.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by TippyTop(m): 6:12am On Feb 01, 2015
Ohaneze is more cohesive than the many splinter groups of OPC/Afenifere. It would be a hard task for Ohaneze to endorse Buhari. This is just my opinion, am not trying to tell Igbos what to do. It would however be wrong for Igbo people to endorse someone who imprisoned their son while leaving his brother shagari in presidential surrounding.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by ephemm(m): 6:13am On Feb 01, 2015
MayorofLagos:
A ” the source disclosed adding that the crisis was instigated to ensure that each faction could endorse a different presidential candidate.

Igbo kwenu!
Trying to outsmart other tribes since 1914

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by Donmarrius: 6:15am On Feb 01, 2015
[s]
MayorofLagos:

Nwafor, calm down!

His letter was not addressed to you, it was addressed to Ohanaeze, the apex and the foremost Igbo political head.

If you have a problem or grievance to air, kindly address to your leadership in Enugu. Please send copies so that each faction of Ohaneze receive your complaint.
[/s]Slowpoke Igbo-wannabe.
Its the hallmark of those from Yoruba land,to be stealing peoples identity.but hey,we av' known you guys,give up the game already,and be man enough to identify with rusted roofs region,perhars Osunistan.

Finally,relay my stand to your cow-brain general, Ohaneze Ndigbo do not play double stand,hence,they don't av' any business or meeting with a certificateless iddiot of a general.And that he will ONLY rule a DIVIDED Nigeria,where Tinubu is the minister of cocoa affairs,and El rufai the minister of groundnut affairs

7 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by dunkem21(m): 6:23am On Feb 01, 2015
Igbogbogbogbogbo. I laugh in Igbogbo.

I thought they don't need our votes. When you deport fellow Nigerians in the dead of the night for flimsy reasons, their shadows haunt you.

The Igbos have one voice and their mission is to return 99% of votes to Goodluck Jonathan come valentine day. You may wish to visit the Igbo thread here on NL and feel the raw pulse of the people. It is not even about the Ohaneze group because the umbrella group has little say in motivating electorates.

Igbos are independent minded and can never be cowed.

GEJ is a done deal.

Onye aghakwala nwanne ya.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by bokohalal(m): 6:25am On Feb 01, 2015
TippyTop:
Ohaneze is more cohesive than the many splinter groups of OPC/Afenifere. It would be a hard task for Ohaneze to endorse Buhari. This is just my opinion, am not trying to tell Igbos what to do. It would however be wrong for Igbo people to endorse someone who imprisoned their son while leaving his brother shagari in presidential surrounding.
And attempted to crate his fellow Fulani from Britain to come and face corruption charges in Nigeria.
And actually overthrew a Fulani President.

Think outside of the box. There are way more Igbos in Sabon Gari, Kano, making a living, than in the whole of Ijawland.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by LRNZH(m): 6:29am On Feb 01, 2015
Share money philosophy......

GMB wants to hear Ndigbo's problems but they're fighting over who will host the President in waiting.

Ohanaeze. 'I will do President' will still deceive you after another 4 years.

Apply wisdom

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by M4gunners: 6:33am On Feb 01, 2015
Buhari you can write full 20 pages of letter to Ohaneze Ndigbo thinking you have deceived us,but the truth remains most of us knows your game plan. We can't leave GEJ that builds 12 university under 2 years in power to vote you who don't care about the future of youths. If you can mention any Primary school, Secondary school, or University build in your name quote me wrong. U don't have chance in Igbo land.
Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by Redoil: 6:36am On Feb 01, 2015
Forging/faking certificate to aspire to the highest position with threat of violence if rejected is now a serious business in nigeria.
Methink people whose first names ended in U should be allow to go scot free whenever they are caught.
Riddles
what is common among salisu buhari mohamedu buhari tinubu ahmead buhari and another buhari .
Send ur answer to APC cyber clonning centre
at www.buhari/osibanjo.com and win urself a poosh car.
Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by M4gunners: 6:36am On Feb 01, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Nwafor, calm down!

Nwanne carry hand cover your fake face abeg. U no be igbo!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by Pangea: 6:39am On Feb 01, 2015
Igbo Kwenu grin
Still a learner in the politics of diplomacy!
Continue to keep all your eggs in one basket!
But don't cry when the basket falls and the whole content get dashed to pieces!

7 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by Nobody: 6:43am On Feb 01, 2015
Hehehehehe
Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by nwabekeyi101: 6:48am On Feb 01, 2015
Yeeboes and there wahala again.
Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by FKO81(m): 6:49am On Feb 01, 2015
[s]
MayorofLagos:

[/s]

You people are mad
Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 01, 2015
They are fighting over who will host the General, even to the extent of bombimg themselves. Yet some fools he's not loved in ibo land.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 01, 2015
MayorofLagos:
Ishilove, Seun,

Agreed; but politically cumbersome.

That group likes money a lot and their endorsement of the incumbent president is borne out of his desire to satisfy their selfish interests.

One can guess without any intellectual rigour that their requests are in form of building second bridge, dredging river Niger and ensuring that successive leadership in Nigeria is Igbo.

I believe that they do not represent me and host of other Nigerians. I would advise GMB not to be worried about the crisis in the group. He should in fact make his intention known through the dailies so that the whole world can appreciate the fact better.

Five states with three political parties...nonsense.

Those guys with their long hats, I fear ohhhhhhhhhhhh.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by nzeadachie: 7:53am On Feb 01, 2015
NO ROOM FOR ISLAMIC BROTHERHOOD IN IGBOLAND

Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 01, 2015
Ohaneze will soon be begging Buhari for a meeting. Same Ohaneze that endorsed Abacha for President. Same Ohaneze that supported Obasanjo on third term. Ask Ohaneze the position of Enugu-Onitsha Road? Or why the Niger Bridge should be the only Federal Road being tolled. I have one vote and I won't wait for Ohaneze to tell me who to vote for.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by rozayx5(m): 8:12am On Feb 01, 2015
the cow rearer thinks he is president undecided
Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by BrokenTV: 8:15am On Feb 01, 2015
I can finally come to the conclusion that this people can't do without Igbo's that's why they are opening thread everyday trying to lure us which is not possible. I don't know why they are finding it very hard to understand that we are not voting for Buhari.
Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 01, 2015
If he likes he should write a novel in order to get to ndigbo, even if ohaneze endorses him, igbos won't vote buhari in mass.

Why is he trying to get to Ndigbo in the first place, thought they said we are inconsequential?
Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 01, 2015
kITATITA:
Ohaneze will soon be begging Buhari for a meeting. Same Ohaneze that endorsed Abacha for President. Same Ohaneze that supported Obasanjo on third term. Ask Ohaneze the position of Enugu-Onitsha Road? Or why the Niger Bridge should be the only Federal Road being tolled. I have one vote and I won't wait for Ohaneze to tell me who to vote for.
Leave them,let jonathan continue deceiving them with "azikiwe" ndigbo don forget who build first Niger bridge

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 01, 2015
[s]
nwabekeyi101:
Yeeboes and there wahala again.
[/s]
Re: Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze by nwabekeyi101: 8:23am On Feb 01, 2015
[s]
customized13:
If he likes he should write a novel in order to get to ndigbo, even if ohaneze endorses him, igbos won't vote buhari in mass.

Why is he trying to get to Ndigbo in the first place, thought they said we are inconsequential?
[/s]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbinedion University Was Built With Edo State Money – Oshiomole / Good News: Ebonyi States Breaks Curse, Produces The First SAN Ever / And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.