Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Total Nigeria Telecoms Engineer Update - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Total Nigeria Telecoms Engineer Update (1242 Views)

OPPO Nigeria Telecoms Limited Invitation For Interview / Total Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Project Engineers / Total Nigeria Plc Is Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Total Nigeria Telecoms Engineer Update by Steve2farahgma: 9:28am On Feb 01, 2015
Is Total Nigeria Recruitment department messing with my head

Dear All,

Last year I joined thousands of fellow Nigerians to apply for the role of Telecoms Engineer in Total Nigeria Exploration and Production. After which I got shortlisted to write an entrance exam in Port Harcourt which I did. At the venue of the exam a pretty HR executive of the company from Abuja explained the stages of the recruitment from which I understood the successful candidates would be contacted in two weeks from the exam date and subsequently invited for the next stage and those who are unsuccessful would be contacted at a later date.

With four years experience on the same job at offshore though working for a contractor, I thought I did well to answer the questions but to my surprise I received a mail two weeks after the exam that I have not been successful with the exam. I contacted other friends who wrote the exams but they didn't receive the mail. They were later sent same mail few weeks later as promised.

Now to my surprise, I woke up this morning (1st February 2015) on a beautiful Sunday like this to read a mail from total Nigeria (see below) informing me that I have not been successful again after the first email was sent last year. Now I don't understand this, Is someone trying to mess with me or what? Please did anyone else receive this message and please were you successful with the exam?
Thanks

Dear $$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$,

Having analysed all the applications, unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the TELECOMS ENGINEER opening. However, the information provided will be held in our databse and will be available to the various recruitment departments across the Group. This will enable them to contact you directly if there is an opening that could be of interest to you.

Best regards,

Recruitment Department
Total
Re: Total Nigeria Telecoms Engineer Update by hardeyswaggz: 9:41am On Feb 01, 2015
BRO, i am also sad seeing this on the first day of the month and week. its such a bad one. mine is CADET Drilling Services. atleast they shld let s do the entrance test first. i don taya for dis jobsearch.
Re: Total Nigeria Telecoms Engineer Update by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 02, 2015
Steve2farahgma:
Is Total Nigeria Recruitment department messing with my head

Dear All,

Last year I joined thousands of fellow Nigerians to apply for the role of Telecoms Engineer in Total Nigeria Exploration and Production. After which I got shortlisted to write an entrance exam in Port Harcourt which I did. At the venue of the exam a pretty HR executive of the company from Abuja explained the stages of the recruitment from which I understood the successful candidates would be contacted in two weeks from the exam date and subsequently invited for the next stage and those who are unsuccessful would be contacted at a later date.

With four years experience on the same job at offshore though working for a contractor, I thought I did well to answer the questions but to my surprise I received a mail two weeks after the exam that I have not been successful with the exam. I contacted other friends who wrote the exams but they didn't receive the mail. They were later sent same mail few weeks later as promised.

Now to my surprise, I woke up this morning (1st February 2015) on a beautiful Sunday like this to read a mail from total Nigeria (see below) informing me that I have not been successful again after the first email was sent last year. Now I don't understand this, Is someone trying to mess with me or what? Please did anyone else receive this message and please were you successful with the exam?
Thanks

Dear $$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$,

Having analysed all the applications, unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the TELECOMS ENGINEER opening. However, the information provided will be held in our databse and will be available to the various recruitment departments across the Group. This will enable them to contact you directly if there is an opening that could be of interest to you.

Best regards,

Recruitment Department
Total

The company still has your details in their database, and as always, will continue to try to shortlist you for future opportunities. Your application was automatic.
Re: Total Nigeria Telecoms Engineer Update by ziggybyno(m): 4:27pm On Feb 02, 2015
That response is automatic. Anyone that applied to Total, gets that email, Successful or not. Guess its a problem they have to fix.
Re: Total Nigeria Telecoms Engineer Update by Steve2farahgma: 12:13am On Feb 06, 2015
Now I get it. Thank you all.

(1) (Reply)

Sales/business Development Officer Needed At A Food Service Company - PHC / Network Exploration And Production Calling For Interview / Certification Edge Job Hunt!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.