Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

My Vboot Needs Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Vboot Needs Help (5549 Views)

Fuel Odour Inside Mercdes Benze 200 Vboot / C Class Engine For My VBOOT / Auto Gear Fault: Please I Need Advice On A Benz Vboot 300 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Vboot Needs Help by optimusprimer(m): 12:11pm On Feb 01, 2015
Hello,
Please I will appreciate if anyone can provide me with advice on what to do to my vboot engine. It's consuming fuel too fast. The injector was changed from auto to manual n now it's lie this. The fuel filter under and behind d car makes noise too, could this be d cause?
And while driving I feel hot air around d pedal section. Why is this?
I'm in Abuja, I've not found a Mercedes Benz mechanic, d ones I use just keep zapping money out of me n I'm tired. Vboot, shouldn't be this expensive to maintain Na.
Lastly, how come it's expensive to fix am AC in the car too? They keep saying about 70k to buy all the AC parts.
Thanks for d help n please I need a sure technician too.
Re: My Vboot Needs Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:56pm On Feb 01, 2015
optimusprimer:
Hello,
Please I will appreciate if anyone can provide me with advice on what to do to my vboot engine. It's consuming fuel too fast. The injector was changed from auto to manual n now it's lie this. The fuel filter under and behind d car makes noise too, could this be d cause?
I'm in Abuja, I've not found a Mercedes Benz mechanic, d ones I use just keep zapping money out of me n I'm tired. Vboot, shouldn't be this expensive to maintain Na.
Lastly, how come it's expensive to fix am AC in the car too? They keep saying about 70k to buy all the AC parts.

On a lighter note your vehicle needs a change! what did you expect when changing from injector to carburettor?

5 Likes

Re: My Vboot Needs Help by optimusprimer(m): 1:59pm On Feb 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

On a lighter note your vehicle needs a change! what did you expect when changing from injector to carburettor?

There's no place I mentioned carburetor man.

2 Likes

Re: My Vboot Needs Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:00pm On Feb 01, 2015
Re: My Vboot Needs Help by chillex8(m): 2:00pm On Feb 01, 2015
#GEJ till you return to your default injector setting.

5 Likes

Re: My Vboot Needs Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:03pm On Feb 01, 2015
chillex8:

Chillex u have come again grin
Re: My Vboot Needs Help by doroboss(m): 2:11pm On Feb 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

optimusprimer:

There's no place I mentioned carburetor man.

I feel both of you should have a debate grin
chillex8:

Misguided youth smh cry

1 Like

Re: My Vboot Needs Help by drcenti07: 2:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
doroboss:

I feel both of you should have a debate grin

Misguided youth smh cry

Ok

4 Likes

Re: My Vboot Needs Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:26pm On Feb 01, 2015
^^^^^^^
Okay children, let's not get distracted, this are the issues on ground
optimusprimer:
Hello,

Still waiting, want to learn what a manual injector is.

1 Like

Re: My Vboot Needs Help by doroboss(m): 2:54pm On Feb 01, 2015
I've personally never seen a car directly consume more petrol because of a bad fuel pump, it could cause a misfire or engine could stutter, hesitate and rough idle,(which could indirectly cause loss in power which could cause higher fuel consumption) op if you have any of the symptoms, check and replace fuel pump, in fact just replace it, cause it should not be noisy.

Doroboss cool
Re: My Vboot Needs Help by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 01, 2015
optimusprimer:
Hello,

Bros, enter your motor go to Zuba, Gudu or Apo mechanic village, ask of spareparts for benz (in Apo there is a benz area) they will give you all you need, then if they quote a price of 8,000 price 4,000 till you get your part. Ask the sellers to give you good mechanics to install, test it and they should give you guaranty.

3 Likes

Re: My Vboot Needs Help by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
^^^^^^^
Okay children, let's not get distracted, this are the issues on ground

Still waiting, want to learn what a manual injector is.

Any injector which the driver has to personally select which the timing and quantity of spray the injector gives the cylinder is a manual injector. Eg, if a car have 4 cylinders with 4 injectors, if its manual injector, there will be a rotary knob on the dashboard or centre console labelled "1,3,4,2" same as the engine firing order. When its time for cylinders 1 and 3 to get fired, the driver turns the knob to 1,3 direction. Same applies for 4 and 2. As long as the engine is running, the driver must continue the switching and it must be matched with the speed of the running engine.

Chikena! angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Vboot Needs Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:08pm On Feb 01, 2015
lomomike:

Any injector which the driver has to personally select which the timing and quantity of spray the injector gives the cylinder is a manual injector. Eg, if a car have 4 cylinders with 4 injectors, if its manual injector, there will be a rotary knob on the dashboard or centre console labelled "1,3,4,2" same as the engine firing order. When its time for cylinders 1 and 3 to get fired, the driver turns the knob to 1,3 direction. Same applies for 4 and 2. As long as the engine is running, the driver must continue the switching and it must be matched with the speed of the running engine.

Chikena! angry

grin grin grin

I almost took you seriously until I read further grin
Re: My Vboot Needs Help by sultaan(m): 4:10pm On Feb 01, 2015
lomomike:

Chikena! angry

That one is semi-automatic you missed a critical information the man said he feels hot air around his legs.
That is exactly the system used by the Flinstones he was suppose to stick his legs out say Yabba Dabba Doo and get moving grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s13X66BFd8

6 Likes

Re: My Vboot Needs Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:20pm On Feb 01, 2015
sultaan:

That one is semi-automatic you missed a critical information the man said he feels hot air around his legs.
That is exactly the system used by the Flinstones he was suppose to stick his legs out say Yabba Dabba Doo and get moving grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s13X66BFd8

Chai!

grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Vboot Needs Help by optimusprimer(m): 5:41pm On Feb 01, 2015
U know at first I was wondering what kinda beings some of u are n den I counted it all joy.
Nice jokes dou. U guys made me laff.
Enjoy ur weeked

1 Like

Re: My Vboot Needs Help by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 01, 2015
optimusprimer:
U know at first I was wondering what kinda beings some of u are n den I counted it all joy.
Nice jokes dou. U guys made me laff.
Enjoy ur weeked

I've given you a good way out, another way is you can contact the benz forum via whatsapp. They have such group and are good at it. Subscribe to mercedes benz online forum to read about what owners of their W124 are doing to their cars and find out ways to initiate same with yours. Do you know you can become a teacher to these mechos while them mechos become learners to you?
Re: My Vboot Needs Help by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 01, 2015
1. I don't think modifying your injection system was a great move but what is done is done. Get a good fuel injector cleaner & mix it with your fuel according to the instructions written on it.

2. A noisy fuel pump is about to fail and should be replaced ASAP. It would cause random engine issues that can be very frustrating.

When your injection system doesn't work optimally, economy worsens.

3. There might be a hole in your car's firewall (body that seperates engine compartment & car's interior) for hot air to be entering the pedal area. Do some visual inspection especially around where you feel the heat.

4. Fixing a complete A.C to a w124 should not be more than 50k. Try to bargain better or scout around for other workshops & compare their prices & job qualities.

*Visit the MB thread for possible info on technicians in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: My Vboot Needs Help by Readonee35L(m): 9:10pm On Feb 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Chai!

grin grin

Lwkmd
Mr oga u cray gan oh
Dt picture one make me laugh kill my self
Re: My Vboot Needs Help by sultaan(m): 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2015
optimusprimer:
Hello,

@OP

Imagine if you have never used a vboot and you have no idea what type of engine is in the car or model year.
There is no picture to refer to no reason for the modification and no mention of initial problem.

If you have to respond to a thread like this imaginations run wild.
You said manual injectors which implies your have to manually add fuel to the engine
Re: My Vboot Needs Help by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 01, 2015
optimusprimer:
Hello,

Have you checked and ensure your heater knob isn't in the RED zone? If it is, switch/turn it to the blue coloured zone.

If the switches are bad, replace the unit.
also have a panel beater go under your car to check if the heat shield/aluminium foil is still intact. Note the green and pink arrows.

If its not, replace it
Also check your heater core for blockage.

1 Like

Re: My Vboot Needs Help by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hmmm so much for a fresh body v boot
Re: My Vboot Needs Help by ican2020: 6:39pm On Feb 14, 2015
optimusprimer:
Hello,

I have vboot 300 and I used 2 mechanics.
My mechanic in Zuba is good and he will fix your car, but his only problem is that he is too busy
PM me on upjames2010@yahoo.com and I will help you with his contact no
Re: My Vboot Needs Help by jaycoustic: 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
Please add me. 08061588028. I am thinking of getting a vboot and then changing the engine to c class engine.
Re: My Vboot Needs Help by diportivo: 10:04am On Sep 14, 2016
jaycoustic:
Please add me. 08061588028. I am thinking of getting a vboot and then changing the engine to c class engine.

Why do you want to deliberately go on a journey dats endless

Why

Why

Why cry

Why not just buy a c class,that has this c class engine u love so much

Why

Why

Why

undecided
Re: My Vboot Needs Help by Zainey338: 10:33pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley
Re: My Vboot Needs Help by Paganizonda: 12:40pm On May 09, 2020
Re: My Vboot Needs Help by Praxtech: 6:41pm On May 09, 2020
Interesting thread
Re: My Vboot Needs Help by LordTerix: 2:28am On May 11, 2020
optimusprimer:
Hello,

I've alwaya had a W124 around. These cars are solid, super reliable and in my estimation, fuel efficient too.

1. I don't know what you mean by 'manual injector'. Did you mean a manual fuel pump? Clarify this and I'll get back with a more informed answer.

Personally though, I had a similar issue last year. Benin to Lagos took over 100 liters of fuel! At a point, I believed the tank or pump was leaking fuel grin

Fixed it by a simple service of the injector for about 1k. The folk who fixed it focuses only on injector repair and service. This is not usually a gig for regular merchanics smiley

2. The noise you're hearing from under the right rear of the car is from the electric fuel pump, not the fuel filter.

To fix this, open the fuel relay port behind the battery seat and check if you have a fuel relay there.

Most of these W124s simple have a wire bridge, having suffered at the hands of negligent owners and ignorant kazeems. If you see any wire there, remove it and buy a proper fuel relay and fit on there.

It costs about N500 and it will stop the continuous noise. Keep in mind however that you'll still hear some initial noise just before a crank and a very low hum after. This is normal.

3. The heat is likely from the an air vent. Switch off the heater and see for a start. Do you feel this air when the car is not in motion?

4. The compressor of the w124 can be madly expensive. However, if your engine isn't in great shape and you are frequently in Abuja traffic, the smart thing to do is to leave the AC jeje the way it is - or it will end in tears grin grin
Re: My Vboot Needs Help by Praxtech: 9:11pm On Aug 13, 2020

(1) (Reply)

My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble / 2005 Honda Accord EX Jerking Issues / Federal Government Increases Import Duties On Cars And Other Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.