Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,864 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Fuel Odour Inside Mercdes Benze 200 Vboot - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fuel Odour Inside Mercdes Benze 200 Vboot (1227 Views)

52,000 Porsche Macan Recalled Due To Fuel Odour In The Cabin / My Benze CLK 230 Fuel Pump Keeps Spoiling. / My Vboot Needs Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Odour Inside Mercdes Benze 200 Vboot by Anayordike(m): 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2015
Please I need help, over a year ago I got a used Mercedes vboot 200 . But my worry is that at intervals I use to smell fuel odor inside the car while driving especially at hold ups and low gears like 1,2 & 3. I have consulted some mechanics but none has been able to dictate where the odour comes from.
Please any one with a clue? Thanks
Re: Fuel Odour Inside Mercdes Benze 200 Vboot by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:26pm On Feb 09, 2015
1 thing is involved, you are patronizing quacks.
Re: Fuel Odour Inside Mercdes Benze 200 Vboot by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 09, 2015
check the lid of the fuel pump casing and make sure its properly closed. For japanese cars, that will be the most likely cause. Am not a mercedes pro.
Re: Fuel Odour Inside Mercdes Benze 200 Vboot by Anayordike(m): 9:54pm On Feb 09, 2015
chiebube:
check the lid of the fuel pump casing and make sure its properly closed. For japanese cars, that will be the most likely cause. Am not a mercedes pro.
Yes I have replaced the tank cover and it reduced but still oozing after some days.
Re: Fuel Odour Inside Mercdes Benze 200 Vboot by Nobody: 12:05am On Feb 10, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
1 thing is involved, you are patronizing quacks.
I agree with u die
Re: Fuel Odour Inside Mercdes Benze 200 Vboot by Nobody: 2:32am On Feb 10, 2015
Anayordike:

Yes I have replaced the tank cover and it reduced but still oozing after some days.
did you check if it was tightened properly. There is a rubber lining that comes with the lid
Re: Fuel Odour Inside Mercdes Benze 200 Vboot by Anayordike(m): 9:20pm On Feb 10, 2015
chiebube:

did you check if it was tightened properly. There is a rubber lining that comes with the lid
Of course the rubber lining is in tact. The very cover (I supposed ) that came with the car it lining rubber was cut so I have to replace it. And it was after I replaced it that odour oozing became an interval thing
Re: Fuel Odour Inside Mercdes Benze 200 Vboot by princemedico: 3:53am On Feb 11, 2015
I think your car may likely be running rich or having a failing injector pump, the smell can be as a result of excess fuel being injected into the system. My friend had a similar experience recently.
Did you replace your fuel pump recently?
Is you car idling rough?

I may be wrong, you can wait for more comments or visit a competent technician
Re: Fuel Odour Inside Mercdes Benze 200 Vboot by Nobody: 5:42am On Feb 11, 2015
check the O-rings of your injector nozzles. They may be worn out.
Re: Fuel Odour Inside Mercdes Benze 200 Vboot by Anayordike(m): 10:09am On Feb 13, 2015
princemedico:
I think your car may likely be running rich or having a failing injector pump, the smell can be as a result of excess fuel being injected into the system. My friend had a similar experience recently.
Did you replace your fuel pump recently?
Is you car idling rough?

I may be wrong, you can wait for more comments or visit a competent technician
Thanks. But how did your friend solve the problem? Am interested please educate me .

Yes talking about failed injector, seriously this injector behaves differently from the Mercedes regular I used before. What I mean is that in that Mercedes regular I used before, when start the engine, it will take about 2-3 minutes before you can raise it.

But with this Mercedes vboot it's not like that. Once you started, it's ready to go without steaming for some minutes. Could that be an indication that injector has failed?
Re: Fuel Odour Inside Mercdes Benze 200 Vboot by honmusa(m): 8:17pm On Feb 13, 2015
Once u can perceive fuel odour in the car ,this means their is leakage in your fuel line or evap system
Get a competent mechanic to check this through all this line.
Re: Fuel Odour Inside Mercdes Benze 200 Vboot by honmusa(m): 8:17pm On Feb 13, 2015
Once u can perceive fuel odour in the car ,this means their is leakage in your fuel line or evap system
Get a competent mechanic to check through all this line.
Re: Fuel Odour Inside Mercdes Benze 200 Vboot by Lexusgs430: 11:15pm On Feb 13, 2015
Couple of years ago, I could also smell fuel penetration inside my car(Daimler 1989).
The fuel compartment is placed inside the boot, behind the rear passengers seat. Taking off all the panels and coverings revealed a leak from the tank itself.
Couple of hours later, fuel tank removed, leak sealed and all the fuel tank was covered in some sort of coat to protect it for a couple more years.
QED!!!!
Re: Fuel Odour Inside Mercdes Benze 200 Vboot by princemedico: 7:49am On Feb 14, 2015
Anayordike:

Thanks. But how did your friend solve the problem? Am interested please educate me .

Yes talking about failed injector, seriously this injector behaves differently from the Mercedes regular I used before. What I mean is that in that Mercedes regular I used before, when start the engine, it will take about 2-3 minutes before you can raise it.

But with this Mercedes vboot it's not like that. Once you started, it's ready to go without steaming for some minutes. Could that be an indication that injector has failed?

In his case it happened that his was unburned fuel, the Injector was calibrated.
You can also check for leaks as suggested by others if the smell is strong and consistent.

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Find A Coolant Leak In Your Car / Speed Limit Driving Academy Celebrates One Year Of Its Establishment / Car Theft PHD Candidates At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.