Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:13 AM

Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats (38727 Views)

ICC Petition: Falana Replies Okonjo-iweala / Oshiomole Replies Okonjo-iweala, Says 'I Don't Want To Say She Knows How To Lie' / Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by omonnakoda: 12:07am On Feb 02, 2015
FreeGlobe:

The problem is most of you focus on her without taking note of the minister of Petroleum and corruption. Corruption affects economic management. Its not Ngozi that will fight corruption and she can't do anything about it. She cant step on any toes. Then the ministry of Petroleum where the bulk of Nigerian problems lies. If these things are attended to, then Ngozi will function well both in management and development.
Rubbish! There is a word called RESIGNATION!! I have it on good authority that her brother is enriching himself stupendously.She cannot be unaware and possibly benefitting

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by basisop(m): 12:10am On Feb 02, 2015
solayd:
I like when people like this give constructive criticism about government policies without supporting any political parties, but now depend on sensitive government to take note and amend the policy that can yeid any positive benefit for the govern.

I will also like prof. to respond to alegation of wrong doing of some banks under his tenur as CBN gov.

You have not read the article. The answer to your question is waiting for your lazy self in the article.

3 Likes

Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by jaytee01(m): 12:16am On Feb 02, 2015
LRNZH:

You see am? Fayemi gave the best response.
Long live APC

NOI where is the PwC forensic audit report on the NNPC's missing $20Billion

You promised to release it in November 2014, then January 2015. You can run but you can't hide.

Full text of Soludo's response here:

https://www.nairaland.com/2124844/full-text-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-missing grin
Haba, have some patience.
November 2014 neva reach yet

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by LRNZH(m): 12:17am On Feb 02, 2015
jaytee01:
Haba, have some patience.
November 2014 neva reach yet

What? Were are in 2015. Please you need some sleep.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by ogmask: 12:17am On Feb 02, 2015
solayd:
I like when people like this give constructive criticism about government policies without supporting any political parties, but now depend on sensitive government to take note and amend the policy that can yeid any positive benefit for the govern.

I will also like prof. to respond to alegation of wrong doing of some banks under his tenur as CBN gov.

He did. Go thru the write up u will see where he mentioned it.
Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by Ladex2012: 12:17am On Feb 02, 2015
I would be running around one of the candidates now just as you are busy dancing Atilogwu dance at TAN and PDP rallies, struggling to keep your job.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by FreeGlobe(f): 12:18am On Feb 02, 2015
omonnakoda:
Rubbish! There is a word called RESIGNATION!! I have it on good authority that her brother is enriching himself stupendously.She cannot be unaware and possibly benefitting
why should she resign when she's doing her job? She's not the minister of Petroleum, she's not EFCC. Why should she resign? Some of you gets me confused. Soludo blamed her for everything perhaps because she's coordinating minister or whatever but she's not in control of EFCC and Petroleum ministry!

LRNZH I still believe the 20 billion missing money like the chibok girls saga may be a scam sold by a clearly biased media. I think the government has not generally come out to refute these claims once and for all because of PR.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by jaytee01(m): 12:20am On Feb 02, 2015
LRNZH:

bros calm down, dats Ngozi's reason for not releasing the audit report angry
Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by Yeske2(m): 12:20am On Feb 02, 2015
LRNZH:

Na wah for you sef, can't you read the sarcasm in what he wrote?

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:22am On Feb 02, 2015
FreeGlobe:

The problem is most of you focus on her without taking note of the minister of Petroleum and corruption. Corruption affects economic management. Its not Ngozi that will fight corruption and she can't do anything about it. She cant step on any toes. Then the ministry of Petroleum where the bulk of Nigerian problems lies. If these things are attended to, then Ngozi will function well both in management and development.

But when she was offered the juicy post of a "coordinating Minister", she accepted it? Didn't she know that, as a Coordinating minister under a very corrupt government of jonathan, she would also be coordinating corruption?? She should have resigned and protect her career and image! Whenever this sorry government is mentioned In the future her name would surely feature prominently! Yes! It is that bad!

1 Like

Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by Nobody: 12:24am On Feb 02, 2015
FreeGlobe:

why should she resign when she's doing her job? She's not the minister of Petroleum, she's not EFCC. Why should she resign? Some of you gets me confused. Soludo blamed her for everything perhaps because she's coordinating minister or whatever but she's not in control of EFCC and Petroleum ministry!

LRNZH I still believe the 20 billion missing money like the chibok girls saga may be a scam sold by a clearly biased media. I think the government has not generally come out to refute these claims once and for all because of PR.

Little girl,go and play with your mates, the topic of discourse is way above your level of comprehension

4 Likes

Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by jaytee01(m): 12:25am On Feb 02, 2015
FreeGlobe:

What exactly are you trying to put across?
Even Ngozi claimed that the unresolved figure was not up to $20bn but about $10bn and you are talking about biased media here!
Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by Nobody: 12:26am On Feb 02, 2015
GEJ's administration reeks of gross economic mismanagement
Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by SonOfEl(m): 12:27am On Feb 02, 2015
superstar1:
Soludo is heartless.

He took NOI to the cleaners, without collecting change. CHAIIIIIII. DIARIS IS GOD Oooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So, it was OBJ that got Debt Relief for Nigeria and not Madam NOI afterall. Hmmmmmmmmm.

no be only obj, tinubu sef follow...your ethnic bigotry is legendary, and your bigotry will never change the fact that noi improved nigerias debt relief.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by Myluv1: 12:31am On Feb 02, 2015
Yeske2:
This type of jargon pisses me off atimes,so because they're both Ndigbo, the truth should never be told and we all suffer for it at the end of the day.
Soludo's piece was epic and his narratives classic. Aunty Ngozi's reputation has been smeared in the mud by this administration.

Liar! Nigeria's economy is on the rise. Ask CNN and the likes.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by yd849ja: 12:33am On Feb 02, 2015
This Madam has spent how many years as our finance minister? So I thereby lay the blame of all the financial problems of the country solely at her feet. This very paragraph irk me the most,

[b]"What worries me is that this government is the first in our history to attempt to manipulate our national statistics under Okonjo-Iweala. When NBS published the poverty figures in 2011, she felt indicted and incensed. She called upon the World Bank to come and examine the ‘methodology’ and get NBS to ‘review’ its numbers. Oby Ezekwesili (as VP Africa Region rejected the call to try to tamper with a country’s statistics). Once Oby left, the ‘World Bank’ started talking about ‘new figures’, without conducting any new surveys. I was told about it by a World Bank economist, and I cautioned that it was a dangerous gamble that would damage the credibility of the NBS. If you want to ‘review methodology’, you conduct another survey but you can’t change ‘methodology’ because you don’t like the published figures. No government in our history has tried it: even Sani Abacha allowed a poverty survey that put poverty at 67% under his regime. At this rate, who will believe statistics coming from the Nigerian government again? Is it now the World Bank that sits in Washington and allocates poverty numbers to Nigeria? Something smells here!"[/b]

This seals my doubt of the bogus claim of Nigeria been the largest economy in Africa without having any direct positive impact on the livelihood of an average Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by seniorklop: 12:37am On Feb 02, 2015
See the way he laughed at FFK, as if d guy na one yeye clown.

Anyways, i suggest madam NOI should respond to prof. Soludo but this time with some respect. She should equally tell us her achievements under OBJ and particularly GEJ. If not for anything, see broz RESUME. C.V wey dey rubbish C.V

#teamchange
Sai Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by omonnakoda: 12:37am On Feb 02, 2015
FreeGlobe:

What we aspire to is standards of integrity . In Nigeria we claim to be Christian or Musi again "aspirational" to be our best. In so called mature democracy people resign if they feel they are unable or unwilling to impugn their integrity by belonging to a "COLLECTIVE" to which they do not subscribe. If an Christian person is part of a government and that government is anti Christian should they resign of sa they are DOING THEIR JOB.

We say the government is corrupt and you remain part of it then you are corrupt. In some legal systems their is something called joint enterprise.
If yo ride in a car with armed robbers knowingly then if they are caught you run the same risks . That is why she should resign Why did Colin Powell resign?? Why did Hilarry Clinton resign.
The government is discredited and she is not achieving anything so I can only conclude that she is there for personal gain

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by jaytee01(m): 12:38am On Feb 02, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Its not about saving, its about diversifying the economy. Something that Ngozi is championing. If we cushion the effect for some months what happens after then? This situation could have been worse under obasanjo, certainly not better we have not forgotten obasanjo's tenure so soon. Soludo is just pointing fingers from outside which anyone can do. Ngozi's economic management is the pillar holding this nation presently.
To where has the economy been diversified? Is agriculture with all those bogus statistics routinely reeled out by Adesina? Is it manufacturing? Where?
Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by hasyak(m): 12:39am On Feb 02, 2015
Those that have passion for change are burdened with BIG ISSUES and those with passion for status quo are occupied with SMALL ISSUES. Is this coincidence or one is missing something?

1 Like

Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by omonnakoda: 12:45am On Feb 02, 2015
After a while the abuse will have to stop and the issues addressed.They will come and tel us next that Soludo is gay or that he is a Muslim..

Meanwhile we only want to know where al the missing money is
Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by LRNZH(m): 12:47am On Feb 02, 2015
FreeGlobe:

NOI herself instituted a forensic audit by PwC early last year and promised it will be ready by Nov. 2014. She kept mute when Nov. came until journalists started asking questions and got evidence that PwC had submitted the report to her office. She promised a January 2015 release...see here--> https://www.nairaland.com/2075240/nnpc-audit-pwc-report-ready
We're in February and she has kept mum. There's nothing to refute than to release the report. Period.
Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by retsonbiz(m): 12:50am On Feb 02, 2015
hasyak:
Those that have passion for change are burdened with BIG ISSUES and those with passion for status quo are occupied with SMALL ISSUES. Is this coincidence or one is missing something?

You have Frame the Debate Perfectly.......QED

1 Like

Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by Adegbodolu1: 12:54am On Feb 02, 2015
http://www.hallmarknews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Okonjo-Iweala.jpg

Double wammy - this ugly mug ruining the lives of our unborn children
Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by Adegbodolu1: 1:01am On Feb 02, 2015
[b][size=15pt]"What worries me is that this government is the first in our history to attempt to manipulate our national statistics under Okonjo-Iweala. When NBS published the poverty figures in 2011, she felt indicted and incensed. She called upon the World Bank to come and examine the ‘methodology’ and get NBS to ‘review’ its numbers. Oby Ezekwesili (as VP Africa Region rejected the call to try to tamper with a country’s statistics). Once Oby left, the ‘World Bank’ started talking about ‘new figures’, without conducting any new surveys. I was told about it by a World Bank economist, and I cautioned that it was a dangerous gamble that would damage the credibility of the NBS. If you want to ‘review methodology’, you conduct another survey but you can’t change ‘methodology’ because you don’t like the published figures. No government in our history has tried it: even Sani Abacha allowed a poverty survey that put poverty at 67% under his regime. At this rate, who will believe statistics coming from the Nigerian government again? Is it now the World Bank that sits in Washington and allocates poverty numbers to Nigeria? Something smells here!"[/size][/b]

[size=18pt]Biggest economy in Africa based on forged "Iweala" methodology.[/size]
Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by omonnakoda: 1:06am On Feb 02, 2015
cheksbry:

Little girl,go and play with your mates, the topic of discourse is way above your level of comprehension
There is a big difference between a calculator and a computer, Only God knows which hole she crawled out from! Some people just open their mouths and spout inanities.
Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by omonnakoda: 1:08am On Feb 02, 2015
FreeGlobe:

I am in defense of Ngozi only on this thread and you cannot blame her for stolen crude, megawatts etc. She cannot manage what did she not get and she is not tasked with fighting corruption
Yes because she is Ada Igbo. Your nervous system is overloaded why not go to the cookery section

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by MockingBird(m): 1:24am On Feb 02, 2015
Most people here on this thread seems VERY lazy to read.They come here making senseless posts and useless comments when
Soludo Succintly addressed almost all issues regarding the Nigerian economy.

Abeg ehn...If u know say u never click the link to read the FULL post just don't comment.
This class of discussion is not for little minds. Its not a crime if you cannot comprehend Soludo's brilliance.
Here is someone telling us that:

"My estimate, Madam, is that probably more than N30 trillion has either been stolen or lost or unaccounted for or simply mismanaged under your watchful eyes in the past four years. Since you claim to be in charge, Nigerians are right to ask you to account. Think about what this amount could mean for the 112 million poor Nigerians or for our schools, hospitals, roads, etc. Soon, you will start asking the citizens to pay this or that tax, while some faceless “thieves” were pocketing over $40 million per day from oil alone."

My God it was even many many times what Sanusi mentioned. I just Pity NOI for soiling her career. Very enlightening and funny article indeed.
My favourite part.

" You did not contest or contradict any of my points. Rather, what you see is that Soludo must be ‘looking for a position’. Pity! If I am looking for a position, I would be running around one of the candidates now just as you are busy dancing Atilogwu dance cheesy at TAN and PDP rallies, struggling to keep your job."

Soludo is truly one of the brightest minds in this country and I respect him as a fellow Economist.

We need change in this country and hopefully it will come by FeBuhari 14

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by kmariko: 1:32am On Feb 02, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Politics Aside, Ngozi does not know much of about Economic Management, she dwell so much on economic growth while the main indices of which primarily an Economy is judged are left to suffer! Economic growth without commiserate development is a voodoo economy!

What development indices would you say was great during the obasanjo era.

Power?
Transportation?
Elections?
Corruption?
Education?
Labour?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by Godpinkin(m): 1:41am On Feb 02, 2015
Madam Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala bursted...........

Where is our $20 billion missing oil money?
Where is the forensic report on the missing money?
What is the cost of protecting our pipeline by militants?
Why is Diesel price still the same?

Madam now that you have been challenged to a public debate by Sir Soludo and Oby, kindly tell us when you will be available cos. Your inability to face Soludo or Oby automatically mean Jona your boss is a loser come feb 14 and for you Kirikiri maximum prison await you come after may 29 wen GMB comes to power.
Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by aresa: 1:49am On Feb 02, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Politics Aside, Ngozi does not know much of about Economic Management, she dwell so much on economic growth while the main indices of which primarily an Economy is judged are left to suffer! Economic growth without commiserate development is a voodoo economy!

This woman public acknowledge the fact that at least @10 billion is missing not because she figured this out as the finance minister and the public official in charge or our money and entire economy, but because SLS notified the world and firstly the president of Nigeria who instead of asking questions, demanding accountability and even sacking the folks in charge including Madam finance minister herself did the most absurd, corrupt and horrible thing by sacking the messenger just because he raised alarm and pointedly not getting the numbers right when in fact it makes no difference, the missing funds remain the issue regardless the exact amount. The only sane conclusion here is GEJ is part of the scheme hence not eager to get to the bottom of the issue, not firing or demanding accountability or even releasing the so called forensic report .

What you people spew here on NL is definitely beyond politics and tribalism, it's pure corrupt, crooked mentality and lack of patriotic spirit. You care less about your own country, your own people and their welfare and economic survival including even yours, your kids and unborn kids...

Very shameful and despicable I must say..

3 Likes

Re: Soludo Replies Okonjo-Iweala, Accuses Her Of Forging National Economics Stats by lannre(m): 1:58am On Feb 02, 2015
By the way, can you tell Nigerians why you were eased out as Finance Minister and you cried like a baby begging OBJ to still allow you remain in the Economic Management team—- barely few weeks after the debt relief? Why were you eventually also removed from the economic management team if you were so important? Ironically, President Jonathan has recycled you, with a bigger title and greater responsibilities. But the difference is that the team that did the actual work is no longer there, and the world has seen that the king is naked.

You are brilliant Madam, but you need serious help. Having spent all your life in the World Bank bureaucracy largely in administration/operations, no one will blame you if your economics has become a bit rusty. There are firebrand Nigerians all over the world to draft to service. It is certainly embarrassing to Nigeria for you to be bothering World Bank economists to help you with most basic economic analysis.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soldier Resigns After Lieutenant-Colonel SA Ochalla Starved Him And Others / Desmond Elliott Dances To 'Buga' After Winning APC Ticket For Lagos Assembly / DSS Uncovers Plot By Persons, Groups To ‘Destabilise’ Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.