Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Is Man Destined To Live In Ignorance? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Man Destined To Live In Ignorance? (1267 Views)

Critics Of Fees Charged By Covenant Acting In Ignorance, Risk God’s Wrath – Oyed / Muslim Boast In Ignorance / Destined To Reign Devotional By Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Man Destined To Live In Ignorance? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2015
The night houses us
The stars, the galaxies and I
I sit and watch the skies
Beautiful constellations in silent space
I wonder and ask God "why?"
But I get no answers and no replies

I sat down yesterday listening to Hans Zimmer's composition- "Cornfield Chase" from the movie soundtrack of Interstellar. I was moved to think about space and all its silent beauty.

Will we find another hospitable planet like earth?
Will we find intelligent life?
Will we ever get to fully understand black holes?
**I KEEP ASKING GOD THESE QUESTIONS AND WONDERING WHY WE ARE HERE. WHY SUCH A LARGE UNIVERSE. SO MANY QUESTIONS I WILL ASK GOD IN HEAVEN.**

One can imagine that our ancestors who lived before the advent of modern science were blatantly ignorant of the universe around them. They died not knowing about the milky way or Saturn or the relativity of time. Have you considered that you too could die before scientists unlock the mysteries of our universe? Before time-travel could be mastered?

If there was a miracle God could grant me, it would be that of Solomon's- the gift of knowledge. I want to know why we are here, what is the true size of our universe, why is there something and not nothing etc.

Tags; FrancisTony, Plaetton, Ishilove, Joseph1832, laykorn, standd.
Re: Is Man Destined To Live In Ignorance? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
smiley
Re: Is Man Destined To Live In Ignorance? by plaetton: 12:30am On Feb 02, 2015
If humankind was destined to live and die in ignorance, then the universe would be a great waste of valuable real estate.

It would be hard to conceive that an intelligent creator would be so wasteful.

1 Like

Re: Is Man Destined To Live In Ignorance? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 3:12am On Feb 02, 2015
plaetton:
If humankind was destined to live and die in ignorance, then the universe would be a great waste of valuable real estate.

It would be hard to conceive that an intelligent creator would be so wasteful.

You are assuming that there is only one plane of existence. Who knows which galaxy or dimenision we end up in after death.

There are reasons why the universe is not a waste of space
Re: Is Man Destined To Live In Ignorance? by joseph1832(m): 7:08pm On Feb 02, 2015
I've often asked myself this same questions... Mysteries of this world defile human comprehension.

I don't really believe man will forever live in ignorance, like the saying goes, "there's time for everything" I do believe the time will come when man will harness the very power of knowledge. On second thought, does knowledge has an end?.
Re: Is Man Destined To Live In Ignorance? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:57pm On Feb 02, 2015
joseph1832:
I've often asked myself this same questions... Mysteries of this world defile human comprehension.

I don't really believe man will forever live in ignorance, like the saying goes, "there's time for everything" I do believe the time will come when man will harness the very power of knowledge. On second thought, does knowledge has an end?.

We will always be ignorant. It is man's nature to search for answers. We might not even live to see inter-galactic travel done at the speed of ight.
Re: Is Man Destined To Live In Ignorance? by joseph1832(m): 11:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

We will always be ignorant. It is man's nature to search for answers. We might not even live to see inter-galactic travel done at the speed of ight.
I doubt it.
Re: Is Man Destined To Live In Ignorance? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:21am On Feb 03, 2015
joseph1832:
I doubt it.

Doubt what exactly?
Re: Is Man Destined To Live In Ignorance? by joseph1832(m): 8:41am On Feb 03, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Doubt what exactly?
That humanity will ever transcend their limitations...
Re: Is Man Destined To Live In Ignorance? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:37am On Feb 03, 2015
joseph1832:
That humanity will ever transcend their limitations...

in the 5th century, they said that human flight is impossible. Now we have aeroplanes and human gliders
Re: Is Man Destined To Live In Ignorance? by joseph1832(m): 9:49am On Feb 03, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

in the 5th century, they said that human flight is impossible. Now we have aeroplanes and human gliders
Hmm what I meant is we can't attain the godlike status of knowing everything. We will always be limited! That's the way we were made.
Re: Is Man Destined To Live In Ignorance? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:03am On Feb 03, 2015
joseph1832:
Hmm what I meant is we can't attain the godlike status of knowing everything. We will always be limited! That's the way we were made.

That's true. We can't know everything. But then why were we created so?
Re: Is Man Destined To Live In Ignorance? by joseph1832(m): 10:54am On Feb 03, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

That's true. We can't know everything. But then why were we created so?
I believe God is letting us know that no matter how hard we try, we can't be Him.
Re: Is Man Destined To Live In Ignorance? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 11:41am On Feb 03, 2015
joseph1832:
I believe God is letting us know that no matter how hard we try, we can't be Him.

grin

I want to be God-like! Wouldnt it bbe crazy if we knew everything?
Re: Is Man Destined To Live In Ignorance? by joseph1832(m): 12:29pm On Feb 03, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

grin

I want to be God-like! Wouldnt it bbe crazy if we knew everything?
That's why it'll be 'crazy' and the destruction will make us extinct!. Imagine even with our lack of knowledge the evil we do is unspeakable, so with total knowledge you can guess tha rest...

(1) (Reply)

Encounter With Destiny Through Praise! / Christian Movies That Made Your Childhood / The Spiritual Experience: Real Or Simply Brain Chemistry ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.