Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,736 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

How Does "Ghana Must Go" Came About? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Does "Ghana Must Go" Came About? (1452 Views)

How English Month Came About / How The Months Came About Their Names / You Came Back From Work And You Saw (pics)..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does "Ghana Must Go" Came About? by sheddyboy: 11:06pm On Feb 01, 2015
Don't know the right section for this topic, i've heard many tales on how it happened, some had it that it originated from a football match. which is true, how come about the popular bags we now recognise as "ghana must go" ?
Re: How Does "Ghana Must Go" Came About? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 01, 2015
Thinking about it.....
Re: How Does "Ghana Must Go" Came About? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 01, 2015
When they were pursued from Nigeria I guess. And that name is not going to die soon.
Re: How Does "Ghana Must Go" Came About? by lomprico(m): 12:01am On Feb 02, 2015
Ask buhari.
Re: How Does "Ghana Must Go" Came About? by pussyeater(m): 12:05am On Feb 02, 2015
lomprico:
Ask buhari.
Ode!
Re: How Does "Ghana Must Go" Came About? by lomprico(m): 12:06am On Feb 02, 2015
pussyeater:

Ode!
U don chop cat today? Cow!
Re: How Does "Ghana Must Go" Came About? by Babe2sure(f): 12:09am On Feb 02, 2015
Nigerian economy was booming before due to our oil, nationals from other African countries flooded Nigeria. Most of them sells ewa-goin( that popular bean delicacy)

Later, Nigeria had oil glut, economic meltdown and political unrest problems, I think in the 80's. Moreover, we had strained relationship with Ghanaians, so they were sent back to their country by our government. They started using that popular sack bag to pack their things. There was where GHANA -MUST- GO- was borne.
Re: How Does "Ghana Must Go" Came About? by paix(m): 12:12am On Feb 02, 2015
I think it was in 1982, during the president Shehu Shagari administration when they were sent packing, as a result of our poor economy then. They were mostly into menial jobs like bakery, bus/taxi drivers, prostitution and the likes.
Re: How Does "Ghana Must Go" Came About? by marvelousabah(m): 12:15am On Feb 02, 2015
pussyeater:

Ode!
u dey call am Ode,na true him talk na!..abi no be buhari pursu dem from NAija again??,wey make dem produce the "Ghana must go",bag,so dem ghanians go put their luggag.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does "Ghana Must Go" Came About? by whizqueen(f): 1:22am On Feb 02, 2015
Lemmie find out from their president grin
Re: How Does "Ghana Must Go" Came About? by JiggamanGh: 3:51am On Feb 02, 2015
paix:
I think it was in 1982, during the president Shehu Shagari administration when they were sent packing, as a result of our poor economy then. They were mostly into menial jobs like bakery, bus/taxi drivers, prostitution and the likes.

Don't forget teaching nigerians how to read and write. Teaching them the queens English and how to play the queens game soccer. I should be thanking Ghanaians. Since Ghanaians left Nigeria, Nigeria is yet to see peace.
Re: How Does "Ghana Must Go" Came About? by tpiah01: 3:55am On Feb 02, 2015
Westerners must be saying the same thing about africa.
Re: How Does "Ghana Must Go" Came About? by paix(m): 9:06am On Feb 02, 2015
JiggamanGh:

Don't forget teaching nigerians how to read and write. Teaching them the queens English and how to play the queens game soccer. I should be thanking Ghanaians. Since Ghanaians left Nigeria, Nigeria is yet to see peace.
I agree with you. They made good teachers.
Re: How Does "Ghana Must Go" Came About? by sheddyboy: 5:48am On Feb 03, 2015
Babe2sure:
Nigerian economy was booming before due to our oil, nationals from other African countries flooded Nigeria. Most of them sells ewa-goin( that popular bean delicacy)

Later, Nigeria had oil glut, economic meltdown and political unrest problems, I think in the 80's. Moreover, we had strained relationship with Ghanaians, so they were sent back to their country by our government. They started using that popular sack bag to pack their things. There was where GHANA -MUST- GO- was borne.
i also heard of this one, thanks for enlightening us more.
Re: How Does "Ghana Must Go" Came About? by Babe2sure(f): 7:07am On Feb 03, 2015
sheddyboy:
i also heard of this one, thanks for the enlighting us more.

You are welcome.
Re: How Does "Ghana Must Go" Came About? by iamord(m): 9:18am On Feb 03, 2015
dovelike:
When they were pursued from Nigeria I guess. And that name is not going to die soon.
the name will not die soon cos there is no sense of morals

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Type Of Nigerians You Will Meet In A ‘danfo’ Bus / TOP 10 Worst Dictators In History - Shelley Klein / This Is How A Lady Was Treated By Soldiers At Sobi Barracks Check Point.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.