Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari (16509 Views)

APC, Fashola Deny Promising 20,000MW Within Five Years / "PDP Mismanaged Nigeria For 16 Years" - Buhari / We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by Kingspin(m): 10:08am On Feb 02, 2015
nedu2000:
God forbid,but get my point,besides I don't think GEJ is doing enough to squash the terrorists,maybe its 'cause he's a boko haram member who knows?
Don't believe everything you read the top politicians in the North knows what is happening. Have u seen them make any genuine effort or statement. Since after the Nigeria civil war, the North as a geo political zone have killing more innocent Nigerians including corp members, women and children then any region in Nigeria history even till date they are still killing and some people are not thinking in that direction. Why are they killing innocent people?

1 Like

Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 02, 2015
Others has promised and failed. Let see what you have for us GMB. If you don't fulfill it. we will vote you out. Simple. Good Leadership Is all we asked for.
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by Xaintkelvin(m): 10:15am On Feb 02, 2015
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/fg-invests-n5trn-in-2500mw-power/ see as pdp spoil our country. I have kept this link since last year I know some things like this will occur
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by chigoizie7(m): 10:30am On Feb 02, 2015
more like you just came to office and developed the infrastructure that will generate 20,000 megawatts, power generation is a capital intensive project, it take time ,from generation to transmission and distribution cant be achieved in 4yrs if u aint standing on past administration platform of already 4,000 megawatts. so buhari take a chill pill and stop lying to us, the present administration will still improve their 4,000 to 20,000 since they have already started abi u wan chop another man glory? what u should be telling us is how u will fund our 2015 budget. as our estimate for the sale of crude isn't working out, please were u wan get the money from, not just 2015, also for the next 4yrs, that's the problem GEJ is facing and will face if he wins, so GMB, IF U DON'T TELL ME HOW U CAN solve our financial problems (to pay 20 million poorest Nigerians 5k per month and unemployed 10k) and then generate 20,000 mega watts of electricity, OGA i am sticking with the old train, the devil u kn ow is better than the angel u ve not seen. my humble opinion, our views might differ

1 Like

Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by Louislewis: 10:37am On Feb 02, 2015
[size=24pt]We will deliver 2000000000000MW of electricity. Fine! Come and tell us "HOW?" on 8th of February from your debate. YOU BOLDLY want to dodge with unreasonable excuses. Who are you people decieving with "I WILL" "WE WILL"...?[/size]

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by meforyou1(m): 10:40am On Feb 02, 2015
Only 20,000mw? Why not 200,000
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by ojtech8291: 10:52am On Feb 02, 2015
It's just a political talk. He can't even do quarter of what he pronounced. During my excursion to siroro power generation plant, i was amazed and shocked. The engineer who took us round, said the only way to manage power is by privatisation. He also told us that the reason why there's always power failure now in some parts of the country is because of water level(too high or too low) , consumers response( like in north don't like to pay)etc. Buhari should go and see what i saw. I can't explain half of what i saw here. God help gej, gmb, and nigeria at large.
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by callmenow: 10:59am On Feb 02, 2015
Where is the money? Talk is cheap.
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by jackymfon: 11:08am On Feb 02, 2015
Na winch....
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by Bezed(m): 11:51am On Feb 02, 2015
jorlons:
This is not a difficult task from an engineering standpoint but the precarious situation Nigeria finds herself makes her citizens doubt the feasibility of promises such as this.

Corruption is the key hinderance to this achievement. A situation where money budgeted for power is reduced and only a small portion goes out to the contractors you can expect a failed result.

GMB can do this if his stand on corruption is firm. Get the appropriate contractors, finalize arrangements including when you want the project completed, reach a compromise, make the appropriate payments and you'll be surprised how simple the solution to this power isuue is.

What am concerned about though is the transmission arm of the power sector. The big question is can they handle 20000MW of power.

I believe GMB can do it. That's why I'm serious looking forward to feBUHARI for a #CHANGE.
funny you said from engineer stand point cos I doubt it...if you know anything about power then you should know that, this promise is impossible considering other promises he would have to handle..
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by 1stola: 12:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
onojiwizardgmailcom:

I believe you know you have to pay for shipping and other cost, and the fact that they produce the parts themselves gives them an advantage, and please can you provide the source of the figures you are quoting.
Googlé could be your friend.
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by annurhaske(m): 12:34pm On Feb 02, 2015
We believe u have never lied
And we trusted u,
#gmb2015

Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by jorlons(m): 12:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
Bezed:
funny you said from engineer stand point cos I doubt it...if you know anything about power then you should know that, this promise is impossible considering other promises he would have to handle..

I clearly pointed out the problems with the transmission aspect. I've worked alongside with experienced Operators in the Generation arm of the sector and one problem aside from the fact that most of the plants installed across the country are old, is the difficulty faced by NCC in paralleling all the generators in the grid without encountering any form of synchronism problems.

I restate again that generating 20000MW power capacity is not the problem esp if you have the resources which I believe this country has. The major challenges from my viewpoint lies more on Transmission (From NCC down to the regional control centres) and Distribution. These two categories must be very sturdy in terms of management otherwise whatever is generated will be wasted or under-utillized

I don't have to explain myself to prove a point and I'll appreciate it if you can share the reasons behind your ''doubts'' and give others (myself inclusive) the opportunity of learning from your experience as well
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by nedu2000(m): 12:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
Kingspin:
Don't believe everything you read the top politicians in the North knows what is happening. Have u seen them make any genuine effort or statement. Since after the Nigeria civil war, the North as a geo political zone have killing more innocent Nigerians including corp members, women and children then any region in Nigeria history even till date they are still killing and some people are not thinking in that direction. Why are they killing innocent people?
I don't want to be diplomatic but it may've something to do with the religion practiced and the intolerance that follows it,this also has influenced the level of illiteracy in that region
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by ahaika23: 12:45pm On Feb 02, 2015
Without a certificate? huh!
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by sunnedee: 1:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
nedu2000:
bros if you can give me any sort of sign to prove this I'll change my vote,its been over 4yrs & boko haram has even grown stronger

Okay. One of the reasons BH continue to carry out these attacks is to change the minds of people like you and prevent you voting for GEJ.
Now, what will happen if GEJ wins?

I believe he has been threading gently because of this second term issue.
If he had taken a stand and declared full military assault on BH, it would have been used against him that he is killing people.

Let him come back and see what happens to those blood suckers.

I may not be able to convince you but think deeply about things and decide.
Best of luck
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by herlimah: 2:31pm On Feb 02, 2015
Oklander:
we can't wait!
If China can build 22000mw with $25billion and Naija since the time of pdp spent about $35billion till date with just 3000plus megawatts to show for it, then everything is wrong. Corruption has finished us. Yet, we have a C in C that "idiotically" believes and said "stealing is not corruption", isn't this wickedness!. Smh.

#Vote out cluelessness.
Who is Buhari? Your answer depends on what
category you fall into
To the less privileged NIGERIANS, he is the
voice.
To the CORRUPT, he is Mr. Jailor.
To the DRUG BARONS, he is a killer.
To the RUNAWAY THIEVES, he is a crater.
To a DYING ECONOMY, he is a saviour.
To INDISCIPLINE, he is brutish.
To TERRORISTS, he is an enemy.
To the BROWN ENVELOPE JOURNALISTS, he is
a dictator.
To his CHILDREN, a daddy to be proud of.
To his WIFE, a worthy husband.
To the OIL INDUSTRY, he is a refineries
builder.
To JONATHAN, KASHAMU, FFK, he is a
nemesis.
To the PDP, he is a destroyer.
To the APC, he is the candidate.
To NIGERIA, he is a fixer.
To the ordinary PEOPLE, he is the CHANGE.
Vote Buhari/Osinbajo, FEBUHARI 2015!!!

1 Like

Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by herlimah: 2:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
[quote author=annurhaske post=30355607]We believe u have never lied
And we trusted u,
Who is Buhari? Your answer depends on what
category you fall into
To the less privileged NIGERIANS, he is the
voice.
To the CORRUPT, he is Mr. Jailor.
To the DRUG BARONS, he is a killer.
To the RUNAWAY THIEVES, he is a crater.
To a DYING ECONOMY, he is a saviour.
To INDISCIPLINE, he is brutish.
To TERRORISTS, he is an enemy.
To the BROWN ENVELOPE JOURNALISTS, he is
a dictator.
To his CHILDREN, a daddy to be proud of.
To his WIFE, a worthy husband.
To the OIL INDUSTRY, he is a refineries
builder.
To JONATHAN, KASHAMU, FFK, he is a
nemesis.
To the PDP, he is a destroyer.
To the APC, he is the candidate.
To NIGERIA, he is a fixer.
To the ordinary PEOPLE, he is the CHANGE.
Vote Buhari/Osinbajo, FEBUHARI 2015!!!

Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by adebysy: 2:37pm On Feb 02, 2015
What is even wrong with Tit or what do you call yourself,whenever you are give chance to make comment, make you no dey talk anyhow to elderly man, say u know get papa for house, kindly go back to history, what exactly has Buhari done wrong. Na your papa na in be empty-ended man o. I always wondered why we Nigerian can not think and be serious for ones, sensible ones are clamoring for change , some dullard are crying continuity for a failed man, what miracle can a president perform in another four years, after 16years of heaven on earth promises of PDP, that was full of lies, abeg, let us jointly give another serious minded and God fearing men a trial,backed with serious prayer,Nigeria is not for one man, afterall, Gen.Buhari had a great antecedent behind him,to show his worth.God bless Nigeria.And for those of you, are raining curse, blames and all sort of reprimand to Gen.Buhari, better go and be enlightened and upgrade your sense because you are still living in the past, do you know how old was Mandela when he was called to rescue South-Africa, and also a one time American President who came to the rescue of America at 73years of age.May God safe una from this ignorance .
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by Nicklaus(m): 2:49pm On Feb 02, 2015
3kay945:

You sound pained. Are politicians not all the same when it comes to making promises
It pained you because Buhari said it abi?
#Buhari/Osinbajo
Did you think at all Did u hear yourself I would say the same thing if anyone else says it even the acting president! coz we don't want promises but efficiency, Let alone a lost cause like Buhari. When all politicians are the same its now better to recycle an old tyrant, you are the one who sounds not just pained but lost! What a pity!
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
nedu2000:
I'm only voting for APC because of my friends in Borno state,maybe Buhari as an ex-soldier will help them from the clutches of boko haram but as for infrastructure and electricity I don't expect any change,so let them stop lying they won't deliver

Buhari can lie pass GEJ!
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by Frankiss44(m): 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
Mere words........
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by 3kay945(m): 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
Nicklaus:
Did you think at all Did u hear yourself I would say the same thing if anyone else says it even the acting president! coz we don't want promises but efficiency, Let alone a lost cause like Buhari. When all politicians are the same its now better to recycle an old tyrant, you are the one who sounds not just pained but lost! What a pity!

You still sound pained boy. Did you say tyrant Should I remind you that was military era. The incompetency and cluelessness of Jonah calls for the like of Buhari in absent of none.
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by Olaolufred(m): 3:45pm On Feb 02, 2015
ayukdaboss:

This is what PDPs 16 year misrule has done to some of us. You've gotten used to epileptic power supply so when somebody tell you our power supply can improve seriously, you're in doubt.

I totally understand your condition. One thing you should note is that if Buhari does things differently, there'll be progress in Nigeria.

THEY HAVE BEEN CONDITIONED BY FAILURE THAT THEY WILL NEVER BELIEVE IN ANY NEW OPPOTUNITY.

IT IS HOPELESSNESS OCCASSIONED BY NEGATIVE PAST EXPERIENCES.

THEY WILL NOT BELIEVE FASHOLA COULD UNTILL NOW, NEITHER COULD THEY BELIEVE THAT AKPABIO COULD UNTIL NOW.
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by valdykes(m): 4:08pm On Feb 02, 2015
abeg how does he plan to achieve this.he should really break this down.thats why he really needs to participate in this debate.
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by Okeikpu(m): 4:28pm On Feb 02, 2015
tit:
after stabilizing the price of oil with army, navy and hair force,
buhari will wheel round and build 100,000 MW of electricity in 4 years!
Magician!!!

everybody know say buhari na mumu.
grin(◎_◎wink
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by VoteWisely: 5:05pm On Feb 02, 2015
#VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely

Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by franksam2009: 5:27pm On Feb 02, 2015
power hungry APC, they will say anything just to return power to the north
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by mrjingles(m): 5:49pm On Feb 02, 2015
Are these guys aware that the power industry has been privatised? This is akin to promising x number of mobile phone lines in 2yrs when the entire sector is privately run, is he going to nationalise the industry?

Secondly 20kMW will cost about $30Billion (6 trillion naira) to construct apart from the gas gathering processing and piping. Whats the average FDI over the past 5 years? How will all that capital be mobilised and the construction done in 4 years? The plan to invest more than your current reserves in ONE sector! These guys are either lying or stupid and both are not good. Sorry I take that back, they can't be lying they're just plain stupid.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by micrep3030(m): 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
They agreed DAT he did 1400 but obj did not even do 1000 in 8years
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by mikolo80: 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
jorlons:
This is not a difficult task from an engineering standpoint but the precarious situation Nigeria finds herself makes her citizens doubt the feasibility of promises such as this.

Corruption is the key hinderance to this achievement. A situation where money budgeted for power is reduced and only a small portion goes out to the contractors you can expect a failed result.

GMB can do this if his stand on corruption is firm. Get the appropriate contractors, finalize arrangements including when you want the project completed, reach a compromise, make the appropriate payments and you'll be surprised how simple the solution to this power isuue is.

What am concerned about though is the transmission arm of the power sector. The big question is can they handle 20000MW of power.

I believe GMB can do it. That's why I'm seriously looking forward to feBUHARI for a #CHANGE.
it can be decentralised to reduce transmission requirements
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by jorlons(m): 6:49pm On Feb 02, 2015
mikolo80:
it can be decentralised to reduce transmission requirements

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Strike: IGP Orders Implementation Of New Salary Structure For Police / EFCC: Interview On Return To Nigeria, Dauda Lawal is fake - Dieziani / 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.