Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s (2310 Views)

Lagos Recorded As An Important Yoruba Commercial City In The 1800s / Funds Looted From Nigeria In Last 5 Years Can Service 3 Annual Budgets – EFCC / Photos: The Longest Banner In Nigeria Hit Third Mainland Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by ViewNigeria(m): 9:36am On Feb 02, 2015
Centenarians may be rare, but super centenarians are far rarer. Scientists say that this kind of lifespan all boils down to genetics. Folks, meet the last (5) five living people who were born in the 1800s below.

115 years old Susannah Mushatt Jones born July-6-1899-American

115 years old-Jeralean Talley born May 23 1899 American

116 years old Gertrude Weaver born July 4 1898 American

115 years old Emma Morano Martinuzzi born November 29 1899 Italian

116 years old Worlds Oldest Living Person Misao Okawa born March 5 1898 Japanese
Do you know what this means? It means that they have lived for over a century and a decade, seen countless wars, historical events and accumulated wisdom that could hold the key to human survival. They are the oldest living people on Earth.

Year after year, they have watched the world change and adapt. They have a perspective on the world that the rest of us cannot even imagine.

They are definitely a unique and extraordinary generation. And each of them are women: three Americans, one Italian, and one Japanese.

Source: http://www.viewngr.com/photos-last-5-living-people-born-1800s
Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by jamace(m): 9:45am On Feb 02, 2015
Wow! No male. Men are really the endangered specie. shocked shocked

10 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by buccal(m): 9:46am On Feb 02, 2015
Sometimes I wonder why the men have to die earlier. Its unfair.maybe we shldnt marry again sef

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by jamace(m): 9:47am On Feb 02, 2015
buccal:
Sometimes I wonder why the men have to die earlier. Its unfair.maybe we shldnt marry again sef
grin grin
Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by iiichidodo: 9:53am On Feb 02, 2015
I bet they aren't married..
Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 02, 2015
I'm not surprised that two of them are black American women. I have seen many in their late 90s.
Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by Welrez(m): 10:01am On Feb 02, 2015
I would like to travel to Japan to know the elixir of old age. They are known to live long. My grandfather who lived over a hundred years said the secret may lie in not eating overmuch. Stop to eat the moment your system feels filled. Sex also counts but not as much as not eating overmuch.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by echobee(f): 10:02am On Feb 02, 2015
GOD YOU ARE GREAT
Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by borntosave: 10:10am On Feb 02, 2015
Hmm
Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by Bobbystanley(m): 10:36am On Feb 02, 2015
Old is Gold!

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by donigspain(m): 10:41am On Feb 02, 2015
Wow... I can't imagine the loads of experience stored in those heads of theirs.
Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by unlessgod: 10:54am On Feb 02, 2015
Am telling u
donigspain:
Wow... I can't imagine the loads of experience stored in those heads of theirs.
Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by morhsuud22(m): 11:23am On Feb 02, 2015
Nature is a feminist

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by medamillion(m): 11:30am On Feb 02, 2015
I can't imagine how much of experience this people have had in their lives...Well, it's not about how old one becomes before death but the legacy one leaves behind when death comes.
Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 02, 2015
Welrez:
I would like to travel to Japan to know the elixir of old age. They are known to live long. My grandfather who lived over a hundred years said the secret may lie in not eating overmuch. Stop to eat the moment your system feels filled. Sex also counts but not as much as not eating overmuch.
Its easy,research shows that their lifestyle contributes to long life,they eat alot of potatos and vegetable,they use bicycles alot,and eat fish too,they hardly eat fats. They also have a knack for natural tea and herbs.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by Skako(m): 11:43am On Feb 02, 2015
Why naija papa or mama no dey there or that black woman nationalize herself for USA

am sure buhari will old pass these mama for aso rock as president,
shey na lie?

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by chucky234(m): 11:52am On Feb 02, 2015
There are people above 116yrs in my village in Delta state.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by dridowu: 11:54am On Feb 02, 2015
I can c my gr8gr8grandmother up there.
Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 02, 2015
chucky234:
There are people above 116yrs in my village in Delta state.

Indeed - we just don't keep adequate records and recognise our people. We likely have people much older in some remote parts of the country.
Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by hazyfm1: 12:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
WOW
Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by hazyfm1: 12:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
WOW

CAN'T BELIEVE THIS...

WHAT DO U WISH THIS KIND OF PEOPLE ON THEIR NEXT BIRTHDAY.... LONG LIFE GOOD HEALTH AND PROSPERITY?
Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by chucky234(m): 12:32pm On Feb 02, 2015
HNosegbe:

Indeed - we just don't keep adequate records and recognise our people. We likely have people much older in some remote parts of the country.
In a place called Ogume in Delta state the community head known as Okpala-ukwu is older than 116yrs, even the women head known as Ada-ndiom is older than 116yrs. Government need to do more to find out about these great people and publicize their existence for the world to see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by IceSplash(f): 1:34pm On Feb 02, 2015
Wow #respect
Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
All women....why must men die before the women? This is unacceptable. Feminists owe us lots of explanation.
Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by donguutti: 1:44pm On Feb 02, 2015
Just Imagine the Number of Wars ,conflicts, Deaths, These ladies have Lived through , Just imagine how much the world
change before their eyes, If only we could peek into their brains to see how they responded to it all.
Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by asadike(f): 1:53pm On Feb 02, 2015
God pls grant me long life and happiness with enough goodies to support it, Amen.
Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by Anikulhapo(m): 1:55pm On Feb 02, 2015
I Want To Live Long But Not Like This Ones, Most Of Their Children If Not All Must Have Died.
Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by Sarimah(f): 2:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
wow!!

women are really strong!!!!
Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by LadyX(f): 3:37pm On Feb 02, 2015
buccal:

It's because of the numerous hazards that men face. Most soldiers in Afganistan, Iraq are men...talk of UN peacekeepers in Congo...

Even the militia like M23 in Congo, LRA in Uganda, the ISIS in Middle East are mostly men.

There's another reason (scientific) but can't post...wrong section.
Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by cronsberg: 10:23pm On Feb 03, 2015
I will tell you why the men died off leaving only the women. Its because living with a woman is nothing short of hell, they nack, whine, blame, critisize all day everyday. They make you feel guilty even if you ain't at fault, they tie you down to only one va.gi.na, leave you unsatisfied by constantly denying you sex, make you risk your life to earn money so you can get them whatever their hearts desire, they make you "jealous" and worried by deliberately flirting with other people, they kill your dreams thus making you feel unfulfilled in life..... all these greatly contributes to the early death of man by high blood pressure, heart attack or something. but seriously, did you observe that men die more often than women, even those that aren't in risky jobs. Its something that should be researched upon

Back to topic, these women lived through some of the most defining moments in history. They witnessed the creation of the automobile, Aeroplane, radio and television. They lived through world war 1 and 2, they witnessed titanic for real, witnessed Hitler/mousolini/stalin, they witnessed the great depression, women sufferage, Civil rights, Martin luther King, JFK, colonisation of Africa and so many other world changing events. They saw it all. wow
Re: PHOTOS: The Last 5 Living People Who Were Born In The 1800s by Bekwarra(m): 10:35pm On Feb 03, 2015
And where is Buhari on the list?

(1) (Reply)

BBC Nigeria Election: First Results Expected on Tuesday / GRAPHIC PHOTOS: Nigerian Man Dies Trying To Escape From Malaysian Police / See Why Biafra Sovereignty Will Not Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.