Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,782 members, 7,851,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:23 AM

Nedg Vp Debate: Poor Performance By Adc, Udp & Ncp – My Review - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nedg Vp Debate: Poor Performance By Adc, Udp & Ncp – My Review (629 Views)

NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! / NEDG Presidential Debate Boycott: In Defence Of Muhammadu Buhari / Presidential Debate (Jonathan Vs Buhari) To Hold On February 8 - NEDG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nedg Vp Debate: Poor Performance By Adc, Udp & Ncp – My Review by PerfectFortune: 10:16am On Feb 02, 2015
It was a show of shame and outright ridicule/cluelessness as the Vice Presidential Candidates of the ADC (Obianuju Murphy-Uzohue), NCP (Ibrahim Mohammed) and UDP (Haruna Adamu) engaged one another in the second session of the election debate well organized by the Nigeria Election Debate Group (NEDG) on Sunday, carefully anchored by three soft spoken members of the press.
The three vice presidential candidates expressed their dumbness and un-readiness to take up the challenges being faced by Nigeria as they lack the basic understanding of the said challenges and completely clueless about their party manifestoes. No facts and figures. They are ordinary.

Here is my review:

Categories: INTRODUCTION, INSECURITY (NORTH EAST), CORRUPTION, MSM

INTRODUCTION

ADC: She started off very weak with a shaky voice but gained momentum after a while. She was unable to say much about herself other than her name and the party she’s representing before almost immediately taking a swipe on the current administration; how it has woefully performed. She lacks in-depth understanding of her party manifestoes. Score: 3/10

NCP: He also started on a draggy note taking a long pulse before making his first word. He took a cue from the first speaker (ADC) by not saying much about himself and going ahead to condemn the present administration. His comportment was not bad but appeared to be jittery. Score: 2/10

UDP: Here comes the clown of the day. He seems to be the most confident and at the same time most clueless. He is more particular about criticizing the present govt than telling the audience about his plans. He speaks badly that one will notice almost immediately he makes his first sentence. Score: 1/10

HOW DO YOU INTEND TO SOLVE THE INSECURITY ISSUE IN THE NORTH EAST?

NCP: In a jittery, careful and “proud” manner, he explained how his party intends to tackle the insecurity problem in the North-East by not only equipping the Military but also going to the root cause of the insurgency sighting education and employment generation as a long term solution. No facts and figures Score: 4/10

ADC: As the most eloquent of the three, her choice of words was not bad and her comportment was good as well. She admitted insecurity will be a very big challenge they must face and conquer. She was only able to speak about equipping the military, renovating the damaged properties and rehabilitating the displaced persons so they can fit back into the society. No facts and figures. Score: 4/10

UDP: The clueless one started off boldly by telling us how Book Haram has destroyed homes and properties and how the govt of the day has failed in curbing them. He later said “my party will start by rebuilding the damaged houses and market places then call the displaced people to a meeting, ask them what they need and everything will be alright”. The moderators were forced to rephrase the question; then he answered again –“we have security in Nigeria, we will used the security to fight them (Boko Haram).” Score: 0/10
Re: Nedg Vp Debate: Poor Performance By Adc, Udp & Ncp – My Review by PerfectFortune: 10:19am On Feb 02, 2015
CORRUPTION, IMPUNITY AND MONEY LAUNDERING

ADC: She said her party if voted into power will have zero tolerance for corruption and will not hesitate to go after all corrupt politicians. She said “we will set up a special court where public office holders indicted for corruption will be tried to hasten the delivery of justice”. Score: 3/10

NCP: He kicked-off in style by saying his party if voted-in will adopt the concept of “3Es” in combating the menace of corruption in the country. By saying “3Es” he means “Enlightenment, Example, Empowerment and Enforcement” – I guess that should have been “4Es”. He explained further by saying they will do public enlightenment, lead by example, empower the people and enforce the law by prosecuting anybody found guilty of corruption. Score: 4/10

UDP: Mr. “gbagaun” started by saying “corruption is a household name in Nigeria”. He then went ahead by saying “we are going to show example to two people so that everybody will sit tight and stop stealing govt. money. Nigeria if we don’t steal, we should steal something from China or Korea. When somebody is found corrupting, just finish him; that’s the best way”. He continued “it is the best thing, if you do it to one or two people, everybody will sit right”. Moderator then said if he knows that negates the principle of democracy, he then cut in saying “well it is, it is but in Nigeria; if you slack? Nigeria we need the govt. that’s very tough”. Score: 0/10

IMPROVING MICRO AND SMALL MEDIUM ENTERPRISE

NCP: He seems to know quit a little about MSME and its role in nation building. He emphasized on improving the sector by saying “we will instruct the CBN to draft a policy which will contain additional Micro Credit Facilities to Small and Medium Industries. Equally, our FG will collaborate with the state govt. to support them (MSME).” He also said his govt will convey a global economic summit targeted at promoting the MSME. No facts and figure. Score: 4/10

UPD: “Mr. Clueless” spent most of his time reminding us how textile industries have gone from bad to worse in Nigeria. The moderator then rephrased the question for him to emphasized on how he intend fixing it. He then said “we will build more companies, more textiles, more smaller companies for our youths”. Score: 0/10

ADC: The sharp spoken lady said her govt would ensure to put into consideration first the improvement of the power sector considering its importance to MSME saying 50% of their profit goes into power. She said her govt in addition “we consider giving them loan, not just giving them loan cheaper rate but also monitor them to ensure they are successful”. She speaks well but lacks the understanding of how to go about her said plans. Score: 4/10

Conclusion:

The three candidates are dumb, clueless below average and not worth becoming a "councillor" let alone a VP. They should not be compensated with any position after loosing at the elections as they have absolutely nothing upstairs.
Re: Nedg Vp Debate: Poor Performance By Adc, Udp & Ncp – My Review by jingh(f): 10:51am On Feb 02, 2015
hahahahahaha
Re: Nedg Vp Debate: Poor Performance By Adc, Udp & Ncp – My Review by talk2cj08(m): 11:04am On Feb 02, 2015
Hmmmmmm i can't wait to hear GMB

(1) (Reply)

Should Nigeria Adopt A Two Party System? / Sharing Of Money For APC Rented Crowd Cause Problem In Uniport / So What Happened To All The Prophecies About FEB 14 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.