Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. (7115 Views)

Car Talk / Peugeot 407 Transmission Fault / What is wrong With Toyota Venza? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by Boy2boy: 12:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
Hello experts in the house. A friend needs help with vehicle and I'll appreciate your contribution to this thread.

Toyota Sienna LE, 2007. Auto transmission, FWD.
It started with drive shaft problem and it was changed. When it was parked after test driving by the mechanic, it could not move move forward again but reverse gear engaged and moved perfectly. Every auto transmission consulted here (Ibadan) keep saying it was because the shaft was removed while the oil was hot. They said it is common fault of "13-pin valve body" toyota sienna but I find it difficult to believe. P0500 generated it was erased and p0793 later generated. Please, I need enlightment on this. Thanks
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by sooperrescue(m): 2:43am On Feb 03, 2015
Let them change the ABS sensor or wheel speed sensor as it may be called and use WS transmission fluid. No other story
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by mayor2013: 4:57am On Feb 03, 2015
This is a straight forward job. Go back to the mechanic that worked on your car am sure while he was fixing d shaft he probably forgot to connect back the vechicle speed sensor which is located on the gear box close to the drive shaft that was worked upon. Tell him to check it properly
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by Boy2boy: 6:40am On Feb 03, 2015
mayor2013:
This is a straight forward job. Go back to the mechanic that worked on your car am sure while he was fixing d shaft he probably forgot to connect back the vechicle speed sensor which is located on the gear box close to the drive shaft that was worked upon. Tell him to check it properly
it has been properly checked to be connected. The sensors (vss, abs) were tested and they're ok.
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by mayor2013: 12:14pm On Feb 03, 2015
Could hVe been damaged since your scan result is pointing in that direction
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by oweniwe(m): 5:58pm On Feb 04, 2015
Except when tampered with,

transmission issues in Sienna is very rare.....!!...

1 Like

Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by DECOtech(m): 2:00pm On Feb 06, 2015
Boy2boy:

it has been properly checked to be connected. The sensors (vss, abs) were tested and they're ok.

They can be okay but wont work well if not installed properly.
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by EduardoForesti: 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2017
I wanted to see what the final diagnosis and fix was on this situation?

I have a 2005 Sienna, AWD, and completely out of the blue, Reverse works perfectly, but NO forward gears work!

Fluid level okay. Tested Cold and Warm. Shifter cable is connected at dash (shifter) and at transmission. There is no MIL/CIL. Hooked up to OBDII and it hasn't thrown any codes.

170K Miles. Original owner. Never towed trailers.

This is the only post I've seen where Reverse works, but other gears don't....

Thanks.
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by CarReg(m): 8:25am On Sep 25, 2017
New Vehicle Reg | Change of ownership | Papers Renewal @CarRegNG

Patronizing a corporate organization for vehicle papers renewal guarantees original vehicle documentations.

Value Propositions:
| Payment on delivery | Delivery within 6 hours (Renewal) | Door step delivery Nationwide | 24 hours delivery (New Registration)| 5 days delivery (Change of ownership)|

Our office location: 14a Bayo Dejonwo St. Maryland Ikeja, Lagos.
Our web address: www.carreg.com.ng
Our Phone number: 09090166704

https://carreg.com.ng/product-list.php?pg1-cid48.html | 09090144706

Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by chukel(m): 9:49am On Sep 25, 2017
Boy2boy:
Hello experts in the house. A friend needs help with vehicle and I'll appreciate your contribution to this thread.

Toyota Sienna LE, 2007. Auto transmission, FWD.
It started with drive shaft problem and it was changed. When it was parked after test driving by the mechanic, it could not move move forward again but reverse gear engaged and moved perfectly. Every auto transmission consulted here (Ibadan) keep saying it was because the shaft was removed while the oil was hot. They said it is common fault of "13-pin valve body" toyota sienna but I find it difficult to believe. P0500 generated it was erased and p0793 later generated. Please, I need enlightment on this. Thanks
an old post though. But I think what they told you about bringing out the shaft while oil was hot is so true. Solution is usually to change transmission. It's always good to leave feedback on how the issue was resolved.
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by honmusa(m): 10:32am On Sep 25, 2017
EduardoForesti:
I wanted to see what the final diagnosis and fix was on this situation?

I have a 2005 Sienna, AWD, and completely out of the blue, Reverse works perfectly, but NO forward gears work!

Fluid level okay. Tested Cold and Warm. Shifter cable is connected at dash (shifter) and at transmission. There is no MIL/CIL. Hooked up to OBDII and it hasn't thrown any codes.

170K Miles. Original owner. Never towed trailers.

This is the only post I've seen where Reverse works, but other gears don't....

Thanks.
Reverse work or doesn't work ,all these are symptoms ,same symptoms can be as result of different reasons .
Take your car to a transmission expert to check for u !!!
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by PFRB: 4:06pm On Dec 05, 2019
I have changed transmission twice but same thing continues. Can any one help?
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by Folavincent: 4:33pm On Dec 05, 2019
Abeg o!
I needed help, my far right plug is not working. I tot it's plug issue, then the mechanic change the coil to confirm. None work. Other three are working and bringing light.

I'm giving the option of changing my ECU or brain buss. We use machine, no error was detected.

I need Help.
My car is Nissan Tiida 2007.
Thanks
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by Folavincent: 4:37pm On Dec 05, 2019
Abeg o!
I need help, my far right plug is not working. I tot it's plug issue, then the mechanic change the coil to confirm. None work. Other three are working and bringing light.

I'm giving the option of changing my ECU or brain buss. We use machine, no error was detected.

I need Help.
Thanks
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by Kidah77: 10:31am On May 13, 2020
Pls I am also experiencing issues with my 2005 toyota sienna transmission. when in motion gear selest from 2 to 4 rapidly and disengages on its own then re-engage by itself after 30seconds. What may be the problem?
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by Blackbishop(m): 8:51pm On May 14, 2020
Folavincent:
Abeg o!
I needed help, my far right plug is not working. I tot it's plug issue, then the mechanic change the coil to confirm. None work. Other three are working and bringing light.

I need Help.
Thanks

The likely cause is a damaged Cylinder head
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by Blackbishop(m): 8:53pm On May 14, 2020
Kidah77:
Pls I am also experiencing issues with my 2005 toyota sienna transmission. when in motion gear selest from 2 to 4 rapidly and disengages on its own then re-engage by itself after 30seconds. What may be the problem?

The culprit here will be your shift solenoid, but I will be of the opinion of scanning first let me know the code
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by Billiebaba(m): 9:00pm On May 14, 2020
Blackbishop:

The likely cause is a damaged Cylinder head
I would like a logical explanation to your thoughts. He said the plug on that cylinder is not working, I'm bending towards the circuit of that coil on that cylinder, power, ground and signal to that coil.
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by Blackbishop(m): 9:03pm On May 14, 2020
Billiebaba:

I would like a logical explanation to your thoughts. He said the plug on that cylinder is not working, I'm bending towards the circuit of that coil on that cylinder, power, ground and signal to that coil.

I worked on one EOD with such wahala only to detect a bad piston to be causing the misfire at the end.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by Milec: 1:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
Kidah77:

Pls,I need help too.
I am having almost same issues with my 2005 toyota sienna fwd transmission system. when in motion gear selest from D to N and then disengages on its own then re-engage by itself.
It all started when my roadside Mechanic replaced the CV axle shaft both the driver and passenger side due to collapse bearings at the end.
I asked another Mechanic to help me out and he said I should replace the whole gear system.

What may be the problem?...please house.
Below is what the guy replace and this problem then start

Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by Milec: 1:47pm On Oct 08, 2020
Kidah77:

Pls what did u do to fix this problem
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by chiscoboi: 6:18pm On Nov 06, 2020
Sienna 05 gearbox stops at gear two and mph don't work
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by gat2so(m): 8:50pm On Nov 06, 2020
Speed sensor is faulty or improper connection
chiscoboi:
Sienna 05 gearbox stops at gear two and mph don't work
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by chiscoboi: 2:41pm On Mar 04, 2021
gat2so:
Speed sensor is faulty or improper connection

Thanks
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by chiscoboi: 2:41pm On Mar 04, 2021
Good day, I have an issue with my sienna 05 once the gearbox is cold it will not move when engaged in drive except I raise the engine several times when engaged and it will move when the oil gets hot that is when the gear will start selecting and all the gear will select properly.
Note it will enter reverse even when it's cold. Pls tell me what is the best solution thanks
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by AutoMoTech(m): 8:40pm On Mar 04, 2021
chiscoboi:
Good day, I have an issue with my sienna 05 once the gearbox is cold it will not move when engaged in drive except I raise the engine several times when engaged and it will move when the oil gets hot that is when the gear will start selecting and all the gear will select properly.
Note it will enter reverse even when it's cold. Pls tell me what is the best solution thanks
THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE CAUSED BY A NUMBER OF THINGS. DIRTY OIL, WEAK SOLENOIDS, FAULT IN WIRING. YOU NEED PROPER DIAGNOSIS IN OTHER TO ISOLATE THE PROBLEM.
TRY CARRY OUT A SYSTEM SCAN TO SEE IF THERE ARE ANY FAULT CODES STORED.
CHECK THE QUALITY IF THE OIL TOO. IF SMELLY AND BURNT, REPLACE OIL AND FILTER.

@AUTOMOTECH
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by drmuchin: 9:42pm On Mar 05, 2021
AutoMoTech:

THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE CAUSED BY A NUMBER OF THINGS. DIRTY OIL, WEAK SOLENOIDS, FAULT IN WIRING. YOU NEED PROPER DIAGNOSIS IN OTHER TO ISOLATE THE PROBLEM.

@AUTOMOTECH

how is a gear FILTER replaced?
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by AutoMoTech(m): 8:22am On Mar 06, 2021
drmuchin:

how is a gear FILTER replaced?
Pls leave that to the Mechanic... grin
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by chiscoboi: 10:16am On Mar 06, 2021
AutoMoTech:

Thanks for the response, but the oil and filter has been changed. When I took it to the gearbox mechanic he said the body valve has to be changed, please can that be the cause
Also if the body valve is changed will the vehicle move smoothly and hope it will not stop working after the repairs maybe for a couple of days or weeks

@AUTOMOTECH
Re: Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault. by chiscoboi: 10:21am On Mar 06, 2021
[quote author=chiscoboi post=99651758][/quote]

Also if the body valve is changed will the vehicle move smoothly and hope it will not stop working after the repairs maybe for a couple of days or weeks

(1) (Reply)

12 Innoson Vehicles And Their Prices / Toyota And What The Le Xe Xle And Ce Stand For / Hyundai Faces N165 Million Suit Over Alleged Supply Of Defective Automobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.