Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,410 members, 7,850,453 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:39 PM

Breaking News: JOHESU Calls Off 3 Months Old Strike - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking News: JOHESU Calls Off 3 Months Old Strike (1440 Views)

JOHESU Directs Members To Commence Strike Action By 12 Midnight / Health Workers "JOHESU" Calls Off Strike / JOHESU Strike Claims Nigeria’s Only Neuropathologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: JOHESU Calls Off 3 Months Old Strike by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
http://www.vevonews.com/breaking-news-johesu-calls-off-3-months-old-strike/

The strike action embarked upon by health workers in Nigeria under the umbrella body of the Joint Health Sector Union (JOHESU) will be called off at 2pm today (Monday), HealthNewsNG.com can exclusively report.

Members of the union last night met President Goodluck Jonathan at the State House in Abuja to discuss ways of resolving the strike.

HealthNewsNG gathered that during the meeting, nothing concrete was agreed upon apart from promises from the president who reportedly appealed to JOHESU members to call off the strike.

“He was practically pleading,” HealthNewsNG was anonymously informed from the State House in Abuja. “Barring any last minute changes, the strike will be called off by 2pm today.”

The president also promised to direct all the relevant ministries to issue various circulars. JOHESU executive members were also able to brief the president on happenings within the sector.

http://www.vevonews.com/breaking-news-johesu-calls-off-3-months-old-strike/

Re: Breaking News: JOHESU Calls Off 3 Months Old Strike by Debiks: 4:34pm On Feb 02, 2015
Good one...... Long overdue
Re: Breaking News: JOHESU Calls Off 3 Months Old Strike by ITbomb(m): 4:45pm On Feb 02, 2015
I go for HIV test (blackmail for sex from a wicked ex as part of reconciliation requirements) and they say dem go strike so no test. I come go tell the girl say, "see o, I wan do am but dem no dey work so make we just carry go at least once with cd pending when they will call off". I say I no dey trust all this private clinics with all those shine eye small girls wey be nurse there. She come gree o, say na today. I hope she no go read this one today
Re: Breaking News: JOHESU Calls Off 3 Months Old Strike by adeoladrg(m): 5:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
Loooooooool

HealthNewsNG gathered that during the meeting,
nothing concrete was agreed upon apart from
promises from the president who reportedly
appealed to JOHESU members to call off the strike.
“He was practically pleading,”

Looooooool grin

Make I no talk anything.
Re: Breaking News: JOHESU Calls Off 3 Months Old Strike by elobyobi: 5:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
For what shall it profit a union if after 3 months' strike, all they get is "practically pleading" and "direct all the relevant ministries to issue circulars"?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: JOHESU Calls Off 3 Months Old Strike by Oduduwaboy(m): 5:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
No. Not just yet JOHESU! Please make it longer...
you people said it will be fight to finish na! Is it because they withheld your salary for 10days now that you are calling off the strike? You people are not even tough at all! Mtcheeeew!!!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: JOHESU Calls Off 3 Months Old Strike by adeoladrg(m): 5:32pm On Feb 02, 2015
Oduduwaboy:
No. Not just yet JOHESU! Please make it longer...
you people said it will be fight to finish na! Is it because they withheld your salary for 10days now that you are calling off the strike? You people are not even tough at all! Mtcheeeew!!!

Did you miss the part where the report said Mr President was pleading?. Stop fighting a lost or losing battle.
Re: Breaking News: JOHESU Calls Off 3 Months Old Strike by Vesuvius(m): 5:34pm On Feb 02, 2015
Nice development if its true. But this news appears fake. Does it mean the strike was in vain? On what grounds really was the strike called off? Am asking because the government would definitely have made JOHESU look stupid, toothless and spineless if all they can show for the strike is presidential pleas-induced-calling-off.
This is the last strike they will ever embark on if all the hassles ended without any headway. shocked
Re: Breaking News: JOHESU Calls Off 3 Months Old Strike by Sunkyphil(m): 5:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
dats good news
Re: Breaking News: JOHESU Calls Off 3 Months Old Strike by babiephase: 5:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
Thanks to God. May God soften the heart of the Government.
Re: Breaking News: JOHESU Calls Off 3 Months Old Strike by ozo13(m): 5:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
Govt no get any body time ooo
Re: Breaking News: JOHESU Calls Off 3 Months Old Strike by Evvilgenius: 5:48pm On Feb 02, 2015
Re: Breaking News: JOHESU Calls Off 3 Months Old Strike by ige101(m): 5:59pm On Feb 02, 2015
Long over due,we should have learnt from NMA experience
Re: Breaking News: JOHESU Calls Off 3 Months Old Strike by docsholz(m): 6:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
So after all the noise, they still called it off
Re: Breaking News: JOHESU Calls Off 3 Months Old Strike by NWANICHODE: 6:03pm On Feb 02, 2015
No work no pay things working for government since 1900
Re: Breaking News: JOHESU Calls Off 3 Months Old Strike by tuoyoojo(m): 6:04pm On Feb 02, 2015
So what did they gain from d 3 months hardship nigerians were subjected to? Pls somene shud tell me some concrete was achieved

This kind tin nine dey make person swear for anoda person. U mean to tell me work done was zero?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: JOHESU Calls Off 3 Months Old Strike by Vesuvius(m): 6:05pm On Feb 02, 2015
NWANICHODE:
No work no pay things working for government since 1900
They have been paid already. The no work no pay kicks in only after 3 months of a strike.
Re: Breaking News: JOHESU Calls Off 3 Months Old Strike by noblealuu: 6:14pm On Feb 02, 2015
The perennial hiccups in the health sector can't be solved overnight! Regrettably, presidential candidates in the forth-coming elections seemingly have no plans for health sector reforms in the vanguard.

Meanwhile, Let's see where the next minister of health is gonna emerge from, NMA or JOHESU! (in GMB or GEJ admin)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby / WARNING: New Deadly Disease Worse Than HIV That Condoms Can’t Stop / Dear Ladies: This Is Why Waist Training Is Bad For Your Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.