Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,963 members, 7,814,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau (39471 Views)

No Holiday For Schools During Elections – FG / No Holiday For Schools During Elections –FG / No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by tochman(m): 6:16pm On Feb 02, 2015
lurther:
I don't think this is the right step to take. Not only are the students vulnerable to election violence, they are also instruments of this violence.

Why not tell them to go for a short break, so as to prevent every avoidable human disaster. Why always say, ' had I known' to human-preventable regrets.

Students are very susceptible in the both ways. Those that would be used by the politicians and those that will be innocently used to count scores.

Say prevent any unforeseen disaster now and give them break.

I think reversed is the case. The need to keep students occupied in order to avoid them being used by politicians for violence. When students are home, they tend to be the devil's workshop

1 Like

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by notoriousbabe: 6:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
MVLOX:
Dem wan use pple children take do human shield again.....
and collateral damages. God punish dem all

2 Likes

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by noblejay14: 6:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
school or no school, holiday or no holiday, CHANGE is gradually coming closer. BUHARI ALL THE WAY !

1 Like

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by martincbarton: 6:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
Noted.
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
i think that they are just joking.....as for me , am going on 13th ....whether they like it or not...life has no duplicate .....and how will the environment be in the north if GEJ wins ....and how will the environment be in the south if buhari win.....students should think oooo

1 Like

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by yousee(m): 6:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
nanyya5000:
I'm sure some parents will give their kids the holiday themselves esp in the northeast.
North-wetin?
The whole north wont have kids in school. Even Kogi sef.
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by Engryagulam(m): 6:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
I think he refers to secondary school students
but for tertiary students make I hear say we stay for schl
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by notoriousbabe: 6:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
tochman:

I think reversed is the case. The need to keep students occupied in order to avoid them being used by politicians for violence. When students are home, they tend to be the devil's workshop
I beg to disagree.

2 Likes

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by Humblebloke(m): 6:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
He just stated his opinion.....
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by oxygen4u(m): 6:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
so,we will risk our life just because we want change and at the end,if you dir untop their matter,they don't even know you exist........
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by JustCare: 6:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
That's cool...the elections would hold only on weekends
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by Ayomidegbenga1(m): 6:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
I pray that what happened in 2011 will not repeat itself
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by Danjuma827(m): 6:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
FG are saying nonsense.so they want me to stay in schl for this election?haba it can't happen.even my school Abu Zaria gave us break on the 13th but students are planning to go on the 8th and come back next month.if you like your life. Give yourself break.

3 Likes

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by Emmahunk(m): 6:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
Olanireti:
The Minister of Education, Mallam Ibrahim
Shekarau, has said public schools throughout the
country will remain in session during the
February 14 and 28 elections.
Shekarau said this in Abuja on Monday after a
meeting with the state commissioners for

education.

http://www.punchng.com/news/no-holiday-for-schools-during-elections-shekarau/

Apparently this is in a desperate bid to tell the World that all is well in the Country!
Must we play politics with everything including the lives of poor innocent children?
Obviously, none of your children are schooling here.
Please pressure groups should arise against this immediately

3 Likes

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by alsudaes1(m): 6:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
Olanireti:
they sha don't want us student to vote. I registered in my home town, now there won't be holiday. How will I vote?
that's the logic
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
There is no need for unnecessary panic. Peace would reign, its just a continuous government as GEJ would continue to lead. So there is no point staying at home.

#GEJ2019.

1 Like

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by notoriousbabe: 6:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
Olanireti:
they sha don't want us student to vote. I registered in my home town, now there won't be holiday. How will I vote?
go home jo and fashi school for that period
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by Matildahenshaw(f): 6:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
whether dem giv ooo or dem no giv...we wey dey northern universities go giv ourselves holiday.

1 Like

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by olafunny(m): 6:22pm On Feb 02, 2015
Ko kan aye!!! As far as am concerned, i cant stay up here in north during election. My holiday starts this weekend! Enroute to Lasgidi...

1 Like

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by hrykanu231(m): 6:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
If he likes he should send monitoring team to ensure that staff and students alike are in school. On this occasion I MUST disobey constituted authority#ideytravel#
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by Frankenstein: 6:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
Do students go to school on Saturdays?

1 Like

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by notoriousbabe: 6:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
I pray the federal govt does not regret this,anyway,I trust Naija parents and students,nobody go go school dat time,including teachers. Awon alakori de de
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by fctboy: 6:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
drnairalov:
If dey like make dem no put holiday all i care is buhari 4 change

If you vote GMB, prof. has declared who you are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by Matildahenshaw(f): 6:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
Danjuma827:
FG are saying nonsense.so they want me to stay in schl for this election?haba it can't happen.even my school Abu Zaria gave us break on the 13th but students are planning to go on the 8th and come back next month.if you like your life. Give yourself break.
they didnt giv us break cos of election,they did because it mid-semester..am leaving Zaria 6th,Obasi knows.

1 Like

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by drnairalov: 6:26pm On Feb 02, 2015
fctboy:

you and your prof can eat yohr words...this word basically describe you and your goons . you lack foresight.so bye
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by MNDY(m): 6:27pm On Feb 02, 2015
Is this meant to be a joke or what? I choose not to believe this for now yet! Just when I was thinking that the break will sharply fast-forward this semester go front wella!
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by Matildahenshaw(f): 6:27pm On Feb 02, 2015
fctboy:

mtschewww,thats his opinion...let him suit himself.

1 Like

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by abtywo(m): 6:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
Dis is dangerous for d student

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! / 20 Poisonous Expressions Used By Nigerians; Corrections, Tips And Reasons. / FUNAAB Students Write Final Year Exams In Their Secondary School Uniforms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.