Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Buhari To Ban Facebook & Twitter In Nigeria, If Elected. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Ban Facebook & Twitter In Nigeria, If Elected. (1599 Views)

I’ll Flee Nigeria If APC Wins —Bode George / Prof. Osinbajo Pledges To God Not To Steal Public Funds If Elected / Zahra Buhari Leaves Twitter In Shame Or Anger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Ban Facebook & Twitter In Nigeria, If Elected. by mrrock: 8:42pm On Feb 02, 2015
In a BBC interview Muhammadu Buhari not (Mohamed Buhari) have justified heavy crackdown on the media. He maintained that the media could be a distraction to government, even if they are reporting the truth.

Asked, what if the media is reporting the truth about a corrupt government official?. He maintained such media house must be cautioned, if it's a distraction to government. Affected media houses will include newspapers, TV stations, radio stations. And in this day of social media where we get information at the speed of light sites such as Facebook, twitter, Nairaland, badoo, skype, linkedin, BBM, e.t.c would not be an exemption. He have already petitioned the NTA and AIT for speaking their mind, details at http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=102766 .You can then imagine what he will do, if he becomes president.

Buhari justifies media crackdown:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56hdlVTUl_A

Buhari petitions NTA and AIT for speaking their mind:- http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=102766

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Ban Facebook & Twitter In Nigeria, If Elected. by aigboeben(m): 8:44pm On Feb 02, 2015
I hail o! Buhari will even ban breathing.
Re: Buhari To Ban Facebook & Twitter In Nigeria, If Elected. by Trut(m): 8:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
He can't smell the gate of Aso Rock, talkless of banning Facebook, Twitter etal

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Ban Facebook & Twitter In Nigeria, If Elected. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 02, 2015
You dey craze joor
Re: Buhari To Ban Facebook & Twitter In Nigeria, If Elected. by Abduletudaye(m): 8:58pm On Feb 02, 2015
Many people won't have reasons to buy smart phones again...lol.. Buhari if you actually said this, then you no try..

Don't be ancient jor... tongue
Re: Buhari To Ban Facebook & Twitter In Nigeria, If Elected. by busterr(m): 8:58pm On Feb 02, 2015
.he will even ban orijin and oh mpa.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Ban Facebook & Twitter In Nigeria, If Elected. by KanwuliaJara: 8:58pm On Feb 02, 2015
Because be can't use them? undecided
Re: Buhari To Ban Facebook & Twitter In Nigeria, If Elected. by An2elect2(f): 9:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
Now this is really disturbing if he actually said this. One of the elements of democracy is free press. I don't see why a working government should be really worried over what the press says. At the end of the day the truth will be out there irrespective...

For those pushing for change, without splitting of hairs here, please understand what all your "saviour" has been saying, weigh them carefully and consider the repercussions before you leap.

Vote don't fight.
Re: Buhari To Ban Facebook & Twitter In Nigeria, If Elected. by olaboy001(m): 10:07pm On Feb 02, 2015
GMB please ban Twitter, Facebook, Eskimi and Skype...
But please don't ban livescores.com and orijin...
Re: Buhari To Ban Facebook & Twitter In Nigeria, If Elected. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 02, 2015
he is already threatening to take AIT to court

imagine if he has the power to jail them?
Re: Buhari To Ban Facebook & Twitter In Nigeria, If Elected. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
If this is true, then I must say he's just as clueless and confused as his homeboy Jona.
Re: Buhari To Ban Facebook & Twitter In Nigeria, If Elected. by gen2briz(m): 10:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
See another propaganda......
Well, let him ban them because am okay will nairaland.Abi him go ban NL also?

Thank God say I don decide ....
GMB till Jona accept state by state debate.
Re: Buhari To Ban Facebook & Twitter In Nigeria, If Elected. by rayzzz: 10:37pm On Feb 02, 2015
Re: Buhari To Ban Facebook & Twitter In Nigeria, If Elected. by ayukdaboss(m): 12:33am On Feb 03, 2015
Wuna no get sense.
Re: Buhari To Ban Facebook & Twitter In Nigeria, If Elected. by KRSWon: 10:59am On Jun 05, 2021
And it turns out this ended up being the case...
Re: Buhari To Ban Facebook & Twitter In Nigeria, If Elected. by gwafaeziokwu: 11:12am On Jun 05, 2021
Youths with poor sense of history are the problem for Nigeria. None can dissect issues properly. The hand writing was clear on the wall before this mannequin got to Aso rock, but bandwagon effect got better of them.

I will tell my children and grandchildren that I rejected this cow herder that ended up destroying what was left of the giant of Africa.

(1) (Reply)

My Special xmas And New Wishes! / Patrick Obahiagbon Reacting To Gubernatorial Elections. / APC Youths In KADUNA Kill Christian Youths In Celebration Of El Rufia‘s Victory.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.