Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

My Mum And I - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum And I (710 Views)

I Lost My Mum In The 3rd Mainland Bridge Accident / A Nairalander Retakes photo Of His Mum And Siblings After 24 Years / I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Mum And I by hepsiba(m): 3:03pm On Feb 03, 2015
[Our child our well being]
Tolulope Hepsiba

This popular and evergreen nursery poem by Ann Taylor: Who sat and watched my infant head
when sleeping on my cradle bed, And tears of sweet affection shed?
My Mother……
[Mum please ask your kids to teach you the rest] undoubtedly shows the important roles mum plays in the upbringing of a child. If the truth must be told; Motherhood is a tough 24 hour job with no pay, no day off, sometimes it is unappreciated, but yet resignation is not an option! A mother is a woman who is created by God to bring love, joy, happiness and caring into his world.
Considering the overwhelming influence a mother has over her child; it will not be too farfetched for us to unanimously agree that life without our mothers is a life of darkness: although there are times we may think that our mothers are irritating annoying! One thing for sure is that; she makes everyday tolerable for her family, at times she may be too tired to get up every morning; she still makes sure that her family is well taken care of. Even though motherhood is a full time job; a mother's work is never done.

Having said this; I believe mum and child relationship is meant to be symbiotic in nature:[ I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine] this will help to avoid a clash of personality and encourage Mother-Child bonding . For example; as your child grows older he or she is most likely to choose spending time with friends over spending time with you. This is normal for their age and part of the growing and maturing process.

SOME PRACTICAL STEPS TO MUM-CHILD BONDING are: -

Spend Quality Time and Teach Them Everything You Can:- The worst thing that can happen to any mother is to allow your kids to learn from outsiders or through the various social media platforms[modern day kidnappers]; so mum please set aside time every week[at least twice a week] to spend alone with your child or each of your children and it doesn’t have to be long; just 20 minutes can work wonders. It’s also the proper time to teach them life skills such as confidence; self esteem etc and proper habit like personal hygiene; table manners; house chores and simple safety rules around the house amongst others.

Their Interests Should Always Come First:-As difficult as this may sound [especially for new mothers] we just have to let go some habit or lifestyle that might be detrimental to the proper upbringing of our kids. This means if we are involved in some unhealthy habits and lifestyles like smoking; drinking; keeping late nights; party freak; dressing provocatively; immodesty and generally unhygienic- we just have to let it go after all no sacrifice is too much to make for your children,

Unconditional Love:-Very importantly; mum must show their kids unconditional love and lots of affections, they in turn will always want to confide in you at all times
Create Family Time:-This must include every member of your household [btw 7-10 mins everyday is enough] by sitting down together offering encouragement; guidance; moral instructions and above all prayers for the well being of every members of the family [we parents are just caretakers; the good God is the owner] Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Prov 22:6.

Hepsiba Parenting Tips @ www.hepsibacommunication.com

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Who Will You Attend To First? / the secrets of generators / Words From A Father To A Son About Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.