Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Masters Scholarships: The Swedish Institute - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Masters Scholarships: The Swedish Institute (2594 Views)

The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships / Masters And Phd Scholarships: The Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD) / Medicine Scholarships: The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds MD Fellowships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Masters Scholarships: The Swedish Institute by lobell: 5:10pm On Feb 03, 2015
Get a Better understanding of what we are doing here
https://www.nairaland.com/2087594/international-postgraduate-scholarships

Masters Scholarships: The Swedish Institute, a government agency, administers over 500 masters scholarships for students and researchers going to Sweden to pursue their objectives at a Swedish university each year.

There are several different kinds of SI scholarship available.

Graduate Scholarship Study Period

The master’s level programmes are between one and two academic years in duration. They usually start at the end of August or early September.

Graduate Scholarship Language

You need to have a good knowledge of English. All approved master’s level programmes are taught in English.

Masters Scholarships Benefits

Currently, a scholarship pays SEK 8,000 per month, and travel costs to and from Sweden. These scholarships are designed to cover living expenses for one person only.

Tuition for the eligible programmes is free. Scholarship holders are insured by the Swedish Institute against illness and accidents in Sweden during the scholarship period.

Graduate Scholarships: How to Apply for the Masters Scholarships

You can apply for this scholarship when you apply for admission to one of the approved master's programmes at a Swedish university.

There is no application form for this scholarship. Do not send any master's scholarship requests or applications to the Swedish Institute.

Instead, you apply directly to the University for the Masters Programme and at the same time, inform them that you would like to be considered for this scholarship.

Some universities let you indicate this on their admission application forms.

In other cases, you will need to attach a letter to your admission application spelling out your request for this scholarship explicitly.

You also need to attach a letter from your employer confirming that you are able to take a leave of absence for the duration of your studies, and that you will be able to return to your position when you have finished studying.

If you cannot provide such a letter, please provide proof of employment of at least five years in a relevant field.

Send your completed application for admission to the programme – including a request for this scholarship and the letter regarding your employment situation – to the university you would like to study at. They will process your scholarship request.

The application deadline for this scholarship is the same as the application deadline for the master's programme you would like to apply to.

Graduate Scholarship Travel Grants

Scholarship holders from ODA-countries may receive a travel support in connection with the scholarship.

The travel grant is a lump sum, given only once, regardless of the cost of travel.

Sweden Master Scholarship Cover

The scholarships covers travel costs to and fro, tuition fees, living expenses plus other expenses.

For a list of SI scholarships available, see; https://studyinsweden.se/Scholarships/

For further details, see: https://studyinsweden.se/scholarship/swedish-institute-study-scholarships/

GOODLUCK!!!
Re: Masters Scholarships: The Swedish Institute by Madrededios(f): 9:56pm On Aug 18, 2015
lobell:
Get a Better understanding of what we are doing here
https://www.nairaland.com/2087594/international-postgraduate-scholarships
Masters Scholarships: The Swedish Institute, a government agency, administers over 500 masters scholarships for students and researchers going to Sweden to pursue their objectives at a Swedish university each year.
There are several different kinds of SI scholarship available.
Graduate Scholarship Study Period
The master’s level programmes are between one and two academic years in duration. They usually start at the end of August or early September.
Graduate Scholarship Language
You need to have a good knowledge of English. All approved master’s level programmes are taught in English.
Masters Scholarships Benefits
Currently, a scholarship pays SEK 8,000 per month, and travel costs to and from Sweden. These scholarships are designed to cover living expenses for one person only.
Tuition for the eligible programmes is free. Scholarship holders are insured by the Swedish Institute against illness and accidents in Sweden during the scholarship period.
Graduate Scholarships: How to Apply for the Masters Scholarships
You can apply for this scholarship when you apply for admission to one of the approved master's programmes at a Swedish university.
There is no application form for this scholarship. Do not send any master's scholarship requests or applications to the Swedish Institute.
Instead, you apply directly to the University for the Masters Programme and at the same time, inform them that you would like to be considered for this scholarship.
Some universities let you indicate this on their admission application forms.
In other cases, you will need to attach a letter to your admission application spelling out your request for this scholarship explicitly.
You also need to attach a letter from your employer confirming that you are able to take a leave of absence for the duration of your studies, and that you will be able to return to your position when you have finished studying.
If you cannot provide such a letter, please provide proof of employment of at least five years in a relevant field.
Send your completed application for admission to the programme – including a request for this scholarship and the letter regarding your employment situation – to the university you would like to study at. They will process your scholarship request.
The application deadline for this scholarship is the same as the application deadline for the master's programme you would like to apply to.
Graduate Scholarship Travel Grants
Scholarship holders from ODA-countries may receive a travel support in connection with the scholarship.
The travel grant is a lump sum, given only once, regardless of the cost of travel.
Sweden Master Scholarship Cover
The scholarships covers travel costs to and fro, tuition fees, living expenses plus other expenses.
For a list of SI scholarships available, see; https://studyinsweden.se/Scholarships/
For further details, see: https://studyinsweden.se/scholarship/swedish-institute-study-scholarships/
GOODLUCK!!!

please forgive me but I am still confused about this, I don't really know how to go about this? I am interested in this because of the scholarship covers living as well as travel expenses but on the websites of most of the universities it is stated that they are scholarships for fee paying international students, so am confused. Also, are there any scholarships like this in Canada or Germany for masters programmes. Thanks.
Re: Masters Scholarships: The Swedish Institute by Madrededios(f): 10:03pm On Aug 18, 2015
Madrededios:

please forgive me but I am still confused about this, I don't really know how to go about this? I am interested in this because of the scholarship covers living as well as travel expenses but on the websites of most of the universities it is stated that they are scholarships for fee paying international students, so am confused. Also, are there any scholarships like this in Canada or Germany for masters programmes. Thanks.
Re: Masters Scholarships: The Swedish Institute by lobell: 9:37am On Aug 19, 2015
Madrededios:

Why are you confused? Every question and/or concerns you have are addressed in the advertorial. Plus you could follow the link at the end and do some more reading. Please don't be lazy...these things don't come easy...if you really want it, you must be ready to put in the work.
Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

UNIPORT CONNECT - Whatsapp Group For Newly Admitted Students / O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. / Image Of The SAF Polytechnic,iseyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.