Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,986 members, 7,848,963 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 12:38 PM

For BUHARI The Fear Of Debate Is The Beginning Of Wisdom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For BUHARI The Fear Of Debate Is The Beginning Of Wisdom (520 Views)

APC: The Beginning Of The End - Abba Mahmood / Buhari Scared Of Debate With Jonathan –presidency. / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Chickens Out Of Debate Called By Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For BUHARI The Fear Of Debate Is The Beginning Of Wisdom by headboyprince(m): 5:30pm On Feb 03, 2015
Please can someone tell me, what is wrong with everybody - one is tempted to ask. Buhari, a 'war general', 'fighter of maitasine', afraid to hold common debate organised by 'bloody civilians'? What's
going on here?
Dele Alake, a media strategist for the Buhari Campaign organisation, said APC had in its own wisdom decided that 'most' of the bodies involved in organising Presidential debates had been 'compromised' and were 'partisan'. So, despite Fani Kayode's offer for the APC to organise the debate and invite the PDP over, public debate between Goodluck Jonathan and Buhari is a 'NO - NO' for the APC. Amazing! They have arranged instead a series of 'town hall' style meetings where Buhari would address 'issues' and 'that should suffice'! Period!!
I watched the consternation and disappointment on the faces of Channels Sunrise crew - Chamberlain, Maupe, and Suleiman as they tried hard to convince Alake on the desirability of Buhari attending to a public debate. They were not alone, thousands of viewers were also quite disappointed. Shortly after, on the same day, an APC packaged meeting with the 'Organised Private Sector' was held where Buhari addressed the audience from his carefully prepared notes. It was like someone singing to oneself in the bathroom and assuming by that exercise he deemed the right to call himself the best 'soloist' in the world! Actually, this is called 'self delusion' and can be quite disturbing. Meanwhile, Fayemi who has obviously missed the comfort of his N5million bed in his multi-billion naira hill top governors lodge was grinning from ear to ear, as if his grin was an affirmation that the charade was making sense! Meanwhile, shortly after, Yori Folarin anchoring 'This Morning', a TVC (reportedly owned by Bola Tinubu) television programme gathered three 'guests' and they tried so hard to say 'how very well Buhari spoke and addressed the issues'!
As I watched Buhari 'address' the OPs, I found myself looking at the backdrop image of him in a suit with a bow tie and glasses. The image I perceived as I looked at his eyes was a stealthy, shadowy character like the japanese ninja figure, in dark turban with slit eyes rather than a 'gentleman wearing a bow tie'. Why is he so sneaky? He can't or won't explain his certificate issue and now can't or won't engage in a presidential public debate even if organised by his APC? As Americans would say, "Something ain't right!Somethingain't right!"
Buhari machinery is avoiding scrutiny and the electorate right to conduct due dilligence assessment of what he claims to be. It's like he wants to get into the Presidency through 'his own door' and as his secondary school principal had written - get him in "he will pass!"
Goodluck Jonathan is not a soldier by training and not even a boy scout yet he has faced myriads of flak and public scrutiny by all and sundry and continues to do so. He even had a Freedom of Information Bill passed to enable the electorate right and access to more information and more scrutiny.
See more here https://naijacomedyzone./2015/02/03/for-buhari-the-fear-of-debate-is-the-beginning-of-wisdom

(1) (Reply)

Edo State Commissioner Dumps APC For PDP / Guy Uses Lagos-kano Rail To Visit Girlfriend, Films It / 60 Reasons Why I Won’t Vote For Jonathan-soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.