Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery (24279 Views)

Husband And Wife Arrested For Armed Robbery In Ogun (Photo) / Husband And Wife Arrested And Arraigned For $8Million Scam In Lagos / Customs Officer, Wife Arrested For Buying Twin Babies For N500,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by lalasticlala(m): 6:49pm On Feb 03, 2015
The police at Meiran Division in Alimosho Local Government have arrested the wife of a senior police officer for allegedly buying stolen goods from armed robbers.

She is now under arrest for conspiiracy and robbery along with five other suspects in Lagos State, western Nigeria.

The woman, whose name police at Meiran Division have refused to disclose, was implicated by robbery suspects arrested by the residents of Ajasa-Command Estate, Ipaja at the weekend and handed over to the police.

The woman, whose husband serves at Oduduwa Police Division in Ikeja, Lagos, was arrested on Sunday after the suspected leader of the gang, Gbenga Akinola, allegedly implicated her during interrogation.

Akinola’s confession led to the arrest of four other suspects and the woman who are currently detained at the police cell at Meiran Division at the time of filing this report.

The police also recovered weapons from the suspects.

Akinola allegedly told the police that the woman encouraged them to go for robbery operations after which she buys most of the stolen items from them at give away price.

When our correspondent visited the station, the suspects were still detained there.

Efforts to speak with the Divisional Police Officer, DPO, failed because he was not in the office.

The investigatiing police officer in charge of the matter identified simple as Inspector Wasiu confirmed the arrest and declined to make comment on the matter.

Sources at the station, who also confirmed the arrest, said the suspects had made useful statements which will lead to the arrest of other suspects.

Another source at the station said the matter will be transferred to SCID Panti or SARS at Ikeja for further investigation.

The residents of Ajasa-Command where the suspects were operating for some time have appealed to the police to do a thorough investigation to bring all those involved to justice.

Some of the residents who did not want their names mentioned said robbers had been terrorising them before they mobilised to fight the menace.

One of the landlords said that they have not been sleeping during the night because robbers break into houses, torture and cart away valuables of the residents.

He said the robbery suspects arrested were operating at Popoola Street in the area when the residents mobilised themselves to arrest Akinola, while other suspects escaped but were later arrested by the police.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/03/police-officers-wife-arrested-for-robbery/

Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by PerfumeRepublik: 6:50pm On Feb 03, 2015
Everyday for thief one day for the owner....
Once person cup full, e go just begin spill

1 Like

Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by Abduletudaye(m): 7:09pm On Feb 03, 2015
That's very bad...she will be arrested like a criminal..here comes disgrace
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by tman14(m): 7:15pm On Feb 03, 2015
undecided
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by englishmart(m): 7:15pm On Feb 03, 2015
I shall take up the investigation from there
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 03, 2015
I don't trust/like policemen, and I think it's okay not to trust/like their spouses too.

I was travelling on Mon morning, just at the boundary between Abia/AKS...some randy policemen stopped us. First it was particulars - after the driver explained it's an official car and they rarely move about with particulars. He started complaining of the revolving light. Then he complained that the driver wasn't putting on his official uniform.

This took about 45mins, within those minutes - I watched them with so much disdain and anger, extort 100N from every single motorist. I didn't even know it was showing on my face, till one of them said I am looking @him like he's a monkey...

Probably her husband is even involved.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 03, 2015
Unbelievable! shocked Smh undecided What a shame.
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by FRANCISEKE1(m): 7:57pm On Feb 03, 2015
Ok
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by bizngr(f): 7:57pm On Feb 03, 2015
This is really a shameful act. She (and the other women) should be made to serve more severe punishments because if there is no available market for the robbers they might not be involved in such crime.

Bizngr usually conducts online polls in relation to relevant political, social and economic issues across the world but with most emphasis on Nigeria.

The 2015 Nigeria General Election is around the corner and Bizngr has set up an online poll to assess the political mindset of the voting populace. Be rest assured that the results of this poll will not be tampered or doctored in any form as to favour any political candidate. This poll has been setup using trusted security measures which will help to weed off robots programmed for multiple voting.

VOTE WISELY!!! [size=14pt]CLICK HERE TO VOTE[/size]

Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by Babyboy1986(m): 7:57pm On Feb 03, 2015
Life drama. grin
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by superior1: 7:58pm On Feb 03, 2015
It is no new story

Meanwhile, I want to thank God for this month of FeBuhari

1 Like

Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 03, 2015
Apc has done it again! Pls jonathan don't go, continue naija luvs ya!
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by searay(m): 7:59pm On Feb 03, 2015
It is normal. Release them now or

SAI Buhari
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by saasala(m): 7:59pm On Feb 03, 2015
Chisoz
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by Faibuhari: 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2015
GMB by-products.
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by hotgunz(m): 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2015
Yimu na today?
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by ogaofficer(m): 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2015
*Bursted* hands up!!! If you move i will break your head. »NOLLYWOOD FUNNY DIE«
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by blemon44(m): 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2015
she and her husband should be probed

1 Like

Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by kwencypresh(f): 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2015
bush meat don catch the hunter

i hate police,their uniform, wives
in short i hate evrytin about dem
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by sagio09: 8:05pm On Feb 03, 2015
PDP nd GEJ caused this,why didn't he organize a good salary for the policemen nd encouraged women empowerment in the country,if he had,d woman will have nt engage herself in robbery. angry.
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by tdayof(m): 8:06pm On Feb 03, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
I don't trust/like policemen, and I think it's okay not to trust/like their spouses too.

I was travelling on Mon morning, just at the boundary between Abia/AKS...some randy policemen stopped us. First it was particulars - after the driver explained it's an official car and they rarely move about with particulars. He started complaining of the revolving light. Then he complained that the driver wasn't putting on his official uniform.

This took about 45mins, within those minutes - I watched them with so much disdain and anger, extort 100N from every single motorist. I didn't even know it was showing on my face, till one of them said I am looking @him like he's a monkey...

not an excuse
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by Godfullsam(m): 8:07pm On Feb 03, 2015
Wonders shall never end grin grin grin.
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by teemanbastos(m): 8:10pm On Feb 03, 2015
lolx.
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by Tymax(m): 8:11pm On Feb 03, 2015
Police marry thief. Na wa.
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by Janetozi(f): 8:13pm On Feb 03, 2015
The woman should be dealt with in full measures.
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 03, 2015
[size=18pt]Her husband should be arrested too[/size]
He is guilty until proven innocent

1 Like

Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by Stunner1(f): 8:16pm On Feb 03, 2015
Hahahahaha yeye dey ooze angry
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by ellechrystal(f): 8:16pm On Feb 03, 2015
Na so
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by Gboliwe: 8:20pm On Feb 03, 2015
tdayof:
not an excuse

As in ehhn kwa? Which kaind of official car won't move with particulars? This one is a new excuse sha.

Its a plus she was arrested. Even if nothing happens again, the disgrace she will suffer amongst those who know her will tag her till she is no more.
Re: Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 03, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Next time you could take a mental note of the officer's uniform number and/or name, and file a complaint with the Commissioner of Police.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benue Prisons Command Bury Inmate Killed By Fulani Without Family's Consent(pics / Soldiers Order Man Into A Gutter After Scratching Their Car At A Joint In Lagos / Happening Now!! Angry IWO Youths Burn Down SARS Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.