Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,658 members, 7,816,687 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan (15411 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Abiola, Atiku Before SDP Presidential Primaries In 1993 / Christiano Ronaldo Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 / Hakila Yerima Is Dead (SDP Governorship Candidate In Adamawa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by Omooba77: 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2015
The Social Democratic Party (SDP), on Tuesday in Abuja endorsed the candidature of President Goodluck Jonathan in the February 14 presidential election.

The National Publicity of SDP, Dr Abdul Isiaq, said this at a news conference in Abuja. He said that the party reached the decision following the report of a committee set up by its National Executive Committee on adoption of presidential candidates.

NAN recalls that the National Chairman of the party, Chief Olu Falae, had hinted of the party’s decision to adopt a presidential candidate.
He said that the development followed the inability of the party to produce its candidate.

Isiaq said that the committee, in the report presented to the National Chairman of SDP, observed that of all the presidential candidates, only that of PDP formally requested for the party’s support.

He said that the committee also observed that PDP had also accepted the SDP’s required conditions to warrant the party’s support.
Isiag said that part of the conditions was that PDP would faithfully implement the 2014 National Conference report as a basis for restructuring Nigeria.

Others, he added, were adoption of policy of zero tolerance for corruption and intensification of efforts to defeat insurgency in the North East, among others.

“Based on the foregoing observations, the committee has unanimously recommended that SDP should endorse and support the candidature of Jonathan.

“This is to enable him to complete the restructuring of the polity based on the report of the National Conference 2014.

“The party has accepted these recommendations and hereby directed all its supporters and members throughout Nigeria to vote for Jonathan,” Isiaq said.

Isiaq, who was also the Chairman of the committee, however, stressed that the support was limited strictly to the presidential election.

According to him, it does not extend to any other elections, adding that SDP has candidates for other elections.

“SDP is determined to contest and win all the elections for which it has sponsored candidates throughout Nigeria and thereby become the credible alternative which it aspires to be.”
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/04/sdp-adopts-jonathan-as-its-presidential-candidate/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by kestolove95(m): 9:25pm On Feb 03, 2015
I knew it since I saw olu. falae with. Gej in ondo...make dem no onli endorse am...let dem embrace am..buhari will beat dem

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by Omooba77: 10:00pm On Feb 03, 2015
kestolove95:
I knew it since I saw olu. falae with. Gej in ondo...make dem no onli endorse am...let dem embrace am..buhari will beat dem

Na GEJ be our man..

128 Likes 13 Shares

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by Collynzo419: 10:01pm On Feb 03, 2015
Olusegun Osoba just destroyed his own political career with his eyes wide open. All because of greed

Go to Ogun state, nobody reckons with him anymore and he destroyed his son's political career as well. SDP in Ogun state is as popular as Apga is in Lagos state. From Abeokuta to Ijebu and all across Ogun state- it is Sai Baba- confirma.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by Monimatic(m): 10:17pm On Feb 03, 2015
SDP endorse GEJ
GEJ will take Ogun State, who wan bet?
I say it with all boldness Obasanjo can not deliver Ogun State for Buhari, he will be disgraced in Ogun State again like what happened in 2011 Governorship n Assembly elections.
Osoba(SDP) Kashamu(PDP) Gbenga Daniel( PDP / PPN) Dimeji Bankole( SDP/PDP) will deliver Ogun State to GEJ come FailBuhari 14th..Who wan bet am? I need doubting thomases to challenge my projection by Betting, I don't want any too much story, if u want to Insult me cos of my projection based on what is on ground..go ahead..Silence is the only answer for Fool n a Clown.

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by not4sure(m): 10:29pm On Feb 03, 2015
Monimatic:
SDP endorse GEJ
I say it with all boldness Obasanjo can not deliver Ogun State for Buhari, he will be disgraced in Ogun State again like what happened in 2011 Governorship n Assembly elections.
Osoba(SDP) Kashamu(PDP) Gbenga Daniel( PDP / PPN) Dimeji Bank one ( SDP/PDP) will deliver Ogun State to GEJ come FailBuhari 14th..Who wan bet am? I need doubting thomases to challenging my projection by Betting, I don't want any too much story, if u want to Insult me cos of my projection based on what is on ground..go ahead..Silence is the only answer for Fool n a Clown.

Funny Guy

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by jars9: 10:30pm On Feb 03, 2015
Goodluck Nigeria

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by AmucheJane(f): 11:07pm On Feb 03, 2015
Monimatic:
SDP endorse GEJ
Osoba(SDP) Kashamu(PDP) Gbenga Daniel( PDP / PPN) Dimeji Bankole( SDP/PDP) will deliver Ogun State to GEJ come FailBuhari 14th..Who wan bet am? I need doubting thomases to challenge my projection by Betting, I don't want any too much story, if u want to Insult me cos of my projection based on what is on ground..go ahead..Silence is the only answer for Fool n a Clown.
Yes o, you are on point.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by gen2briz(m): 11:23pm On Feb 03, 2015
Monimatic:
SDP endorse GEJ

Faith they say can move mountain...... But not all mountain.
GMB till TAN's get sense.
I kukuma don decide.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by atlwireles: 11:35pm On Feb 03, 2015
SDP, LP, AP were expected to support PDP and Jonathan. The only people that did not know this were the APC internet warriors.

In Ogun state, OGD, Osoba and Kashamu will deliver.

In Oyo state, Akala, Ladoja and Folarin will deliver.

Its call local politics, not internet propaganda.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by austinvsb1(m): 12:47am On Feb 04, 2015
No be only SDP, Make STD seff join body! It is Buhari we want. Ain't nobody gon stop us now!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by Omooba77: 7:25am On Feb 04, 2015
atlwireles:
SDP, LP, AP were expected to support PDP and Jonathan. The only people that did not know this were the APC internet warriors.

In Oyo state, Akala, Ladoja and Folarin will deliver.

Your head dey there!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by Omooba77: 7:32am On Feb 04, 2015
The Social Democratic Party (SDP), on Tuesday in Abuja endorsed the candidature of President Goodluck Jonathan in the February 14 presidential election.
The National Publicity of SDP, Dr Abdul Isiaq, said this at a news conference in Abuja. He said that the party reached the decision following the report of a committee set up by its National Executive Committee on adoption of presidential candidates.
NAN recalls that the National Chairman of the party, Chief Olu Falae, had hinted of the party’s decision to adopt a presidential candidate.
He said that the development followed the inability of the party to produce its candidate.
Isiaq said that the committee, in the report presented to the National Chairman of SDP, observed that of all the presidential candidates, only that of PDP formally requested for the party’s support.
He said that the committee also observed that PDP had also accepted the SDP’s required conditions to warrant the party’s support.
Isiag said that part of the conditions was that PDP would faithfully implement the 2014 National Conference report as a basis for restructuring Nigeria.
Others, he added, were adoption of policy of zero tolerance for corruption and intensification of efforts to defeat insurgency in the North East, among others.
“Based on the foregoing observations, the committee has unanimously recommended that SDP should endorse and support the candidature of Jonathan.
“This is to enable him to complete the restructuring of the polity based on the report of the National Conference 2014.
“The party has accepted these recommendations and hereby directed all its supporters and members throughout Nigeria to vote for Jonathan,” Isiaq said.
Isiaq, who was also the Chairman of the committee, however, stressed that the support was limited strictly to the presidential election.
According to him, it does not extend to any other elections, adding that SDP has candidates for other elections.
“SDP is determined to contest and win all the elections for which it has sponsored candidates throughout Nigeria and thereby become the credible alternative which it aspires to be.”
Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by Vicotex(m): 7:43am On Feb 04, 2015
austinvsb1:
No be only SDP, Make STD seff join body! It is Buhari we want. Ain't nobody gon stop us now!
go and die

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by publisher(m): 7:48am On Feb 04, 2015
GEJ has just taken Ogun and Oyo.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by Speedracer001: 8:01am On Feb 04, 2015
GEJ & PDP believes that money answereth all things in politics in Nigeria! They do not still realise that CHANGE has come!

It is becoming obvious that all National Conference Attendess were actually in a recruitment exercise for GEJ 2015 LOL

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by Trailblazer1(m): 8:16am On Feb 04, 2015
The peoples choice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 04, 2015
atlwireles:

In Oyo state, Akala,. Ladoja and Folarin will deliver.

I'm from Ogun state and I doubt u are. The reality on ground is that Amosun has locked down d state for APC. Even those not based at home say they wanna vote. its sai baba!

24 Likes

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by toludadon(m): 8:35am On Feb 04, 2015
grin grin

1 Like

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by Omooba77: 9:59am On Feb 04, 2015
Ok oh Baba Falae

1 Like

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by sammyyoung2(m): 10:13am On Feb 04, 2015
tongue tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by lokoloko84(m): 10:27am On Feb 04, 2015
Monimatic:
SDP endorse GEJ
You are dumb.At the governorship level, Amosun will rubbish Osoba and co and at the presidential election, Buhari will crush Jonathan.
Who is osoba,gbenga Daniel and dimeji bankole.They have had their chance,but they were corrupt, incompetent and a disgrace to the state.
These guys are finished. Infact after leaving office,amosun will be the God father of Ogun state.
Jonathan should forget Southwest, he cannot win this region.At least not the Ogun state,I know.

32 Likes

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by agabusta: 10:37am On Feb 04, 2015
lokoloko84:
You are dumb.At the governorship level, Amosun will rubbish Osoba and co and at the presidential election, Buhari will crush Jonathan.
Who is osoba,gbenga Daniel and dimeji bankole.They have had their chance,but they were corrupt, incompetent and a disgrace to the state.
These guys are finished. Infact after leaving office,amosun will be the God father of Ogun state.
Jonathan should forget Southwest, he cannot win this region.At least not the Ogun state,I know.

Pls tell the dreamers.

19 Likes

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by sammyj: 10:39am On Feb 04, 2015
Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by Omooba77: 12:47pm On Feb 04, 2015
agabusta:

Pls tell the dreamers.
All I know GEJ TILL 2019

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by jingh(f): 12:58pm On Feb 04, 2015
even if FFO, UAE, UN endorse am, buhari will win.

Jonathan losing is more sure than anything.

said buhari for aso rock
GEJ for otueke

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by igbsam(m): 12:58pm On Feb 04, 2015
Irrelevant party, your endorsement holds no pinch

5 Likes

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by Trending(m): 12:58pm On Feb 04, 2015
ok
Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 04, 2015
Everything's falling Into Place, Everybody's Falling Into Line!

#GEJTill2019
#SayNoToRecycledDictators

12 Likes

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by dawealthiestman(m): 12:59pm On Feb 04, 2015
undecided
Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by tundeayo2020: 12:59pm On Feb 04, 2015
nice and not nice

1 Like

Re: SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan by Opiosko: 12:59pm On Feb 04, 2015
Chai! Buhari

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Plotting Dogara’s Removal As Speaker / NPA Completes Warri Port Channel Dredging / A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.