Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,943 members, 7,952,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:05 AM

Nigeria Safe Under Jonathan, Says IBB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Safe Under Jonathan, Says IBB (915 Views)

Why Military Under Jonathan Failed To Defeat Boko Haram – Former CDS / I Still Miss Abiola, Says IBB @ 74 / “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Safe Under Jonathan, Says IBB by okiezman(m): 9:30pm On Feb 03, 2015
Former military president, Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd.), on Tuesday at his Minna, Niger State Hilltop residence, said with President Goodluck Jonathan piloting the affairs of the nation, the nation is in safe hands.

The former military president spoke when Jonathan who was in the state capital for his re-election campaign paid him homage.

Babangida thanked Jonathan sincerely for finding time to pay him a visit despite his busy schedule.

He said he shared the same passion with Jonathan, a passion which he said was the genuine zeal to transform Nigeria.

Babangida told Jonathan: "I felt touched when you visited me in Germany after nine hours of surgery and you came again‎.

"You have made a very good decision to visit Minna during your presidential campaign because Minna is known for producing presidents, beginning from your namesake President Azikiwe, who was born in Zungeru.

"And since then most of the president's of Nigeria have one thing or the other, they come here to ask for blessing and I will offer this blessing to you Mr. President.

"When we were doing nocturnal activities for the PDP, this house has held meetings.My family and I are proud of this. I commend the party for being very strong,

"I see in PDP an organisation devoid of religion. You have shown leadership; even when others are breaking up, you have remained strong.

"Jonathan and I share a common passion which is Nigeria remains strong, united and indivisible. I wish you well. Nigeria under Jonathan is in safe hands."

Earlier, Jonathan said he was pleased each time he went to see Babangida, saying ‎"You have taken me as a son since my days as deputy governor. You have been a pillar and support me.

"I have come to present myself and Sambo, You are a leader of our party, you are a stabilising factor of our country and party and have been encouraging the young ones to grow.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigeria-safe-under-jonathan-says-ibb/200881/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Safe Under Jonathan, Says IBB by Danhumprey: 9:34pm On Feb 03, 2015
Na today? That's what polithievescians do! They speak from both sides of their mouth,depending on the occasion and who they are talking to/with.
Re: Nigeria Safe Under Jonathan, Says IBB by Joel3(m): 9:40pm On Feb 03, 2015
I swear nigeria don't know howto play politics
Re: Nigeria Safe Under Jonathan, Says IBB by Popemax(m): 10:05pm On Feb 03, 2015
GEJ till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Safe Under Jonathan, Says IBB by goldmma8: 10:31pm On Feb 03, 2015
Nigeria can be safe in the hands of Goodluck Ebele jonathan,because he is a man that have human conscience and also have feelings for his fellow humanbeing
Re: Nigeria Safe Under Jonathan, Says IBB by hahn(m): 10:32pm On Feb 03, 2015
If he considers the deaths of more than 15,000 Nigerians as "safe", I'd hate to see what he'd consider as "unsafe"
Re: Nigeria Safe Under Jonathan, Says IBB by pacifique(m): 10:32pm On Feb 03, 2015
Re: Nigeria Safe Under Jonathan, Says IBB by ogbronx(m): 10:37pm On Feb 03, 2015
He (IBB) said he shares the views of the incumbent president. Any sensible person would know that they both share in common- Corruption.
Re: Nigeria Safe Under Jonathan, Says IBB by AmucheJane(f): 10:53pm On Feb 03, 2015
hahn:
If he considers the deaths of more than 15,000 Nigerians as "safe", I'd hate to see what he'd consider as "unsafe"
I pity you. Am sure you are an illiterate like your boss buhari undecided
Re: Nigeria Safe Under Jonathan, Says IBB by AmucheJane(f): 10:54pm On Feb 03, 2015
GEJ till 2019
Re: Nigeria Safe Under Jonathan, Says IBB by Adegbodolu1: 10:59pm On Feb 03, 2015
AmucheJane:

These people (without being disrespectful) don tire me.

How you go pity someone who is telling the truth? Is GEJ a safe hand?

The guy should not even head a local government talk less of Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Safe Under Jonathan, Says IBB by hahn(m): 11:02pm On Feb 03, 2015
AmucheJane:

I can't remember insulting anyone. This 2015, I'd advice you grow up
Re: Nigeria Safe Under Jonathan, Says IBB by Vicotex(m): 11:03pm On Feb 03, 2015
The truth cannot be hidden forever, IBB don dey reveal am smal smal.
Haters loving GEJ since 2000-BC.
GEJ till 2019
Re: Nigeria Safe Under Jonathan, Says IBB by ziccoit: 11:15pm On Feb 03, 2015
Another Papa Deceiving his Pikin from time immemorial.

(1) (Reply)

Truth Behind Sahara Reporters Fake News About PDP Members Rigging Ekiti Election / Why We Can’t Proceed With Elections – Jega / How Presidency & PDP Hoodwinked Prof. Jega Into Election Postponement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.